Nihira_Angel
Nihira_Angel

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:47pm | IP Logged

New article on Debojit:

http://dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1020593&CatID=7Smile

'I am no actor'

Chaitanya Padukone

Tuesday, March 28, 2006  18:50 IST

Unlike some singers, 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge' winner Debojit Saha doesn't want to consider acting assignments. He says, "I maybe a fabulous singer but I am zero in acting. I don't wish to cut a sorry figure on the screen. It's better that I stick to my forte which is singing."

But Debojit has no choice but to face the camera for his music video to promote his upcoming pop album. 

"It's a romantic album with my solo songs. One has been composed by my mentor Ismail Durbar."

He adds, "For sentimental and commercial reasons there will be remixes of two film-tracks - Ek haseena thi ('Karz') and Humma humma ('Bombay')." He recalls, "Initially I was self-conscious on stage. It was the Humma humma number that transformed me into a dynamic performer." Debojit is dedicating his debut album to his late mother, his "inspiration" and wife Bandana.

Debojit was seen sitting incognito at the recent release of Jagjit Singh's album 'Live in Sidney'. He states, " I preferred to be away from the media glare. I went up to Jagjitji to take his blessings."  He calls Singh his "distant mentor" because, "Much before the contest, I used to sing Jagjitji's ghazals on the TV show 'Ghazal-e-Saara'."

Edited by Nihira_Angel - 28 March 2006 at 9:48pm

tennisgurl Groupbie
tennisgurl
tennisgurl

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
i like his honesty Smile
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
I don't like Debojits singing that much, but he seems like a decent person.
apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Bindiqueen06

honestly, he is okay. But not better than Hemachandra, Vinit and Nihira and Himani. Of course, again my opinion. Smile

And how is it linked to the above article? Angry  Just Kidding.  No offense. Wink

Edited by apparaohoare - 28 March 2006 at 10:43pm
X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Bindiqueen06

honestly, he is okay. But not better than Hemachandra, Vinit and Nihira and Himani. Of course, again my opinion. Smile

Mabe Debo is not better than Hema n Nihira , but he is surely better than Vinit.

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Thanks Nihira_Angel
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
thaniks on article was wondering if zee made the whole thing up.
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nihira_Angel

New article on Debojit:

http://dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1020593&CatID=7Smile

'I am no actor'

Chaitanya Padukone

Tuesday, March 28, 2006  18:50 IST

Unlike some singers, 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge' winner Debojit Saha doesn't want to consider acting assignments. He says, "I maybe a fabulous singer but I am zero in acting. I don't wish to cut a sorry figure on the screen. It's better that I stick to my forte which is singing."

But Debojit has no choice but to face the camera for his music video to promote his upcoming pop album. 

"It's a romantic album with my solo songs. One has been composed by my mentor Ismail Durbar."

He adds, "For sentimental and commercial reasons there will be remixes of two film-tracks - Ek haseena thi ('Karz') and Humma humma ('Bombay')." He recalls, "Initially I was self-conscious on stage. It was the Humma humma number that transformed me into a dynamic performer." Debojit is dedicating his debut album to his late mother, his "inspiration" and wife Bandana.

Debojit was seen sitting incognito at the recent release of Jagjit Singh's album 'Live in Sidney'. He states, " I preferred to be away from the media glare. I went up to Jagjitji to take his blessings."  He calls Singh his "distant mentor" because, "Much before the contest, I used to sing Jagjitji's ghazals on the TV show 'Ghazal-e-Saara'."

I am no actor' It's better that I stick to my forte which is singing. I am sure he will do well and will be big name in India. Yes will have to face the Camera as celebrity and I am sure he know how to handle that. Also to me what is most Important that is he also have his education with experience of life.

Edited by Qwest - 28 March 2006 at 11:46pm

Go to top