India-Forums

Chef Jehangir sweetens MasterChef India 2 kitchen

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 1:21am | IP Logged

While the Family Challenge is going to be very emotional, the Aakhri Daav will bring the MasterChef India 2contestants back to reality. This week, New York city's top pastry Chef Jehangir Mehta will add grandeur to the MasterChef kitchen. Five unsafe contestants will battle it out in his challenge – Christmas Wonderland.

STARONE.IN

chef jehangirChef Jehangir exclaims, "MasterChef India 2 is a very different experience from what I have done in the past. It's a Christmas spirited task, and I think the contestants are really going to enjoy it. Since they have to prepare the dish from scratch and also assemble all the elements, they will have to pay equal attention to the presentation."

Chef Vikas adds, "I love confectionaries and simple bread puddings, hence I'm very excited about Chef Jehangir coming to MasterChef. He is a dear friend and I am very proud of what he has achieved. Both the task and tools we will give the contestants this week are very international."

The forthcoming elimination task will require the contestants to replicate Chef Jehangir's attractive festive creation. It includes preparing a Christmas tree of three hundred doughnuts, one hundred and fifty marshmellows, brownie gift boxes and cotton candies. The sheer quantity of elements in the task is going to make it very challenging.

"I am a person with a little bit less patience than what is required for a pastry chef. So I really admire Chef Jehangir for that," says Chef Ajay. "The task he brings for the contestants is going to be very tough. But I'm waiting for the irresistible smell of only cakes and cookies being baked that day!"

Chef Kunal shares, "Chef Jehangir has a very stern look, but he is very humble and generous. You know he gave me a copy of his latest book? This year, we want to escalate the magnitude of a bakery challenge. And I think Chef Jehangir's presence will do just that!"

Who are the five who will crumble in MasterChef's first ever complete bakery test? Watch MasterChef India 2, Sat-Sun at 9pm to know.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sabatahir-PurpleHeart-keep-smilingdigitalone 33--Siva--

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top