MasterChef Blog: Family Challenge

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

MasterChef Blog: Family Challenge will make the contestants stronger!

Namastey dosto! I hope you all enjoyed the Hongkong challenge in MasterChef India 2 as much as I did. This week is very important for our contestants because it is a Family Challenge. As the name suggests, every contestant will be surprised to see a family member visit them on the sets.

Over the years, I've realized that our family is something that roots us to our culture. It plays a major part in making us who we are, and gives us the strength to move forward. Even in the upcoming family challenge, I feel the contestants will be motivated to give their best because their families will be there. It will be a major emotional and physical support for them as they have been away from their families for a very long time now.

The highlight though I think, will be when the contestants find out that they have to prepare another family's dish. I can't wait to see their reactions though I think the outcome will be really interesting. Kitna mushkil hoga, kyunki is baar hum unko marks nahi denge. Unki families hi unko rate karegi. Bahut mazaa aayega!

As for me, I come from an extremely traditional Punjabi family. I remember my family leisurely enjoying the rajma-chawal every Sunday which was almost like a ritual. If I was a contestant on MasterChef India 2, and my mother would have come for the family challenge, she would have recognized my dish right away!

Victory means nothing if your family is not with you. Don't you think so? I'd love to hear what your family food ritual is, so do write in to me. And don't forget to watch MasterChef India 2 on Sat-Sun at 9pm.