India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

FAQs for JJKN, & Latest News (Page 6)

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 30 November 2006 at 7:24am | IP Logged
The Sixth Indian Telly Awards were held in Mumbai on Friday, 24th November.
And the star of the night was Mona Singh, revelling in her newfound dancing skills.

Edited by monika.goel - 30 November 2006 at 7:24am

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 2:29pm | IP Logged

After 'Jassi..' what?

After Hours Correspondent
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 23:59 IST

Mona Singh may play a physically challenged character in a TV show

She's no dumb belle, as she proved in 'Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin' (Sony). But now Mona Singh is slated to play the role of a physically challenged girl in a forthcoming Sony show.

After 'Jassi..' Mona had said that she would like to combine working in TV, films and radio. Her return to Sony as a participant in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' (Sony) and her subsequent win, brought her back into the limelight. She will host 'Extreme Makeover' (Sony).

Sources say the creative heads at the channel are clear that she will not be portrayed as just another girl, nor will her look resemble Jassi's in any way. The concept for the show, yet untitled, has been penned by Anuradha Tiwari. Mona, however, doesn't want to divulge much. "It's too soon to comment right now on it," she says. "Talks are still going on," is all she will reveal
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 03 January 2007 at 7:51am | IP Logged

Mona Singh signs Sony show

After keeping everybody guessing about her next move, Mona Singh, better remembered as Jassi of the popular Jassi Jaise Koi Nahin has signed a new show. Titled Khamoshi the serial is slated to feature on Sony in the next few months.

Prouced by Ashwin Verma of Klassic Studios, the show is a story that promises to be different from the usual family dramas. Informs a source from the show, "We have roped in Mona Singh and the male lead has not been finalized at the moment. We are pitching the show for a primetime slot on Sony."

When contacted for her comments, Mona said, "I cannot really talk about it at the moment." Sandiip Sikcand, the Chief Creative Director of Sony Television says, "Yes, it is a fact that Khamoshi would feature on our channel. It's an early stage to divulge details about it but the show will be placed in the primetime slot."

Mona recently won the Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa contest and has also signed up a bollywood film. Her portrayal of the unconventional protagonist Jassi was seen as a shift away from the stereotypical representations. Directed by Deeya and Tony Singh and produced by SET India, the show was based upon the Colombian soap opera Yo soy Betty, la fea.

With Star all geared up to unleash KBC with SRK, the rivals are up to take on the fight. Jassi's loyal audience would surely celebrate this news which sees their hero return after a long time. But, one thing for sure; they would love Jassi to break the Khamoshi herself.

Edited by monika.goel - 03 January 2007 at 7:51am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 2:43pm | IP Logged

Edited by monika.goel - 31 January 2007 at 2:44pm
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 14 February 2007 at 11:22am | IP Logged

Real love in reel life

February 14, 2007

Karan Oberoi and Mona Singh

"For the last five years, I have been performing on Valentine's Day. This year, it will be no different!" says Karan, who is currently dating Mona Singh. However, he has a fond memory of a special Valentine's Day. "Five years back when I was performing in Kolkata and singing Kabhie Kabhie Mere Dil Mein, a 14-year old girl came over and gave me a rose. I invited her on stage and we danced together on the song," he says.

Karan had forgotten the incident until last December when he was working out in a Mumbai gym. "A girl came up to me and asked me do you remember me? I said no. Then she reminded me of the incident. She wanted to be a model and had shifted base to Mumbai. She told me how I made her Valentine's Day special then," says Karan.

Edited by monika.goel - 14 February 2007 at 11:22am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 18 February 2007 at 3:25pm | IP Logged

Mr Finance Minister

Gaurav Gera to don the role of our Finance Minister P Chidambaram

Back to Section Stories
mumbai news
Mail this Article Mail this Article Print this Article Print this Article Search Search
View Comments View Comments Rate this Article Rate this Article Comments Comments
mumbai news

Ranjib Mazumder

Gaurav Gera, best known as Nandu from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin is going to be the Union Finance Minister. No, the actor is not taking up politics but will don the role of our Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on a news channel to present the budget.

An excited Gaurav says, "When I was approached by one of my friend to present this show, I was a little apprehensive. But, my friend eventually convinced me that it's not going to be a spoof. With all due respect to our great Finance Minister, I will be presenting the budget in a light-hearted manner, so that even a layman can understand the details. I am very excited about my new role."

How is he preparing for the role? "Playing a big wig on-screen is not a joke. And playing an intellectual like Chidambaram is even tougher. So, whenever I play any character I tend to follow the character's culture and accent. As he is a South Indian, my mannerisms, costume and accent will be very South Indian. But, I will take care to not make the show very complicated by using simple language," he adds.

Gaurav says, "Meanwhile, I am busy with a comedy show Ha Ha Ha. Besides that I have just finished a movie titled Woodstock Villa."

Edited by monika.goel - 18 February 2007 at 3:25pm
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 February 2007 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Kidding about Kids!

Amongst Tellywood actresses, it's uncommon to find them going the family way immediately after their marriage. If a minimum of 5 years gap is maintained between marriage and childbirth amongst common folks, it's much beyond that
for actresses of the small screen as it is the general conception that having a child may hinder their acting career, which being a demanding one, takes up almost 16-18 hours a day, 25 days a month. Gita Hari talks to some childless actresses to find out their reason for postponing their motherhood.

SHILPA SAKLANI:

Married to actor Apurva Agnihotri, they have come together in Jassi on Sony and Nach Baliye 1 on Star One and make for a lovely and loving couple. She is popular as Ganga of KSBKBT on Star Plus and also
hosted the show Fame X on SAB TV.

Speaking on their plans of starting a family, Shilpa says, "Maybe in a year or two. I am a laidback person and my career is of no consequence to me and my priority is my marriage. I need Apurva to settle a little more and by then I will be 25, which I think will be the right age for me to conceive. I often dream of that day when our chungu-mungu can pakau Apurva on the sets."

Edited by monika.goel - 23 February 2007 at 10:19am
Raveesh Newbie
Raveesh
Raveesh

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 8:23am | IP Logged
i want the videos of hassi jaisi koi nahin plz help me out guys....want em badly..

Go to top