Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

FAQs for JJKN, & Latest News (Page 5)

tina59 IF-Rockerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 01 September 2006 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by racho8

Originally posted by hp85

i HAVE TRIED TO GO ONT TO THE SIE WHERE WE CAN DOWNLOAD JASSI EPISODES BUT IT DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO ACCESS.
bUT PLEASE COULD SOMEONE INFOMR ME IF I CAN GET JASSI'S ALL OF THEM ON DVD OR IF I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM OFF ONE POST ,
I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE A GREAT DELA OF JASSI'S AS IT HAS RUN FOR THREE YEARS BUT I REALLY WANTT OBE ABLE TO VIEW THEM ALL AS I STARTED TO VIEW AND READ ABOUT JASSI ONTHIS FORUM AND I REALLY LIKE ITT.
PLEASE THIS IS A VERY URGENT REQUEST AND I KNOW ONLY THE PEOPLE OF THOS FORUM WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME
fRM
HARPS

hey im w/ u i really want em too..

so some1 plzz help us

Hi ,I dont know abt the downloading stuff but just wanted to inform that JJKN has started again in the U.K and the U.S .iTS BEING SHOWN AT 12 NOON IN THE u.s .I think its being aired at the same time in the U.K too .........so why not catch up oon that .

Moreover,U will get the JJKN casttes from any indian video rental store so u can rent the JJKN casettes right from the first episode and watch it as per ur leisure .

hope this helps

Salman. Senior Member
Salman.
Salman.

Posted: 05 October 2006 at 3:34am | IP Logged
thx
virgoqueen IF-Sizzlerz
virgoqueen
virgoqueen

Posted: 27 October 2006 at 3:07pm | IP Logged

Jassi wins Jhalak... title

May the best dancer win? Well, Mona Singh's popularity seems to have had the edge over Shveta Salve's talent

Subhash K Jha

It's final. The first winner of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is Mona 'Jassi' Singh. This puts an and  to the suspenseful contest between the two finalists Mona Singh and Shveta Salve and their respective choreographers, Toby and Longi.

While Mona was over the moon minutes after the SMS votes from audiences declared her winner, Shveta, considered a far more superior dancer by most and declared the best dancer since Madhuri Dixit by judge Sanjay Leela Bhansali, lost by a narrow margin.

Hours before the verdict Shveta had said, "I've done my best. Even if Mona wins I'd be equally happy. I'm having a party for family and friends regardless of whether I finally win or not. I've enjoyed every second of this contest, although I must admit some comments by fellow-contestants did affect me personally and also affected my chances adversely."

Mona on the other hand is ecstatic about the open support provided to her by the  contestants. "I'm referring especially to Pooja Bedi who went out of her way to express her support for me. It was very, very sweet of her. Considering I was no dancer to begin with, I think this whole experience has changed my life . Yeah, I'm over the moon," said Mona.

•  Considering I was no dancer to begin with, I think this whole experience has changed my life. Yeah, I'm over the moon — Mona Singh

Edited by virgoqueen - 27 October 2006 at 3:07pm
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 28 October 2006 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Jhalak's finale charms with its flaws!

Everyone foresaw Mona Singh take the crystal trophy home and that's exactly what happened last night on the grand finale of Sony's Jhalak Dhikhhla Ja. While Mona, (showered by kisses, sparkles and congratulations) celebrated her moment in time with choreographer Toby, Shveta Salve found it a little difficult to control and was in tears the very next minute. The final episode was worth a watch both for its charm and flaws!

Shveta's bewitching performance on Madhuri's Ek Do Teen left everybody spellbound, as the striking resemblance between the telly star and celluloid's superstar was unbelievable! While Longgi's choreography was out of this world, Toby too didn't lag behind. Piya tu ab toh aaja was the sensous track chosen by the punjabi kudi, Mona.

But somehow the dance of envy act perfomed by the two graceful ladies fell flat. This round was certainly meant to get the leading beauties in an agressive mode, but it made them look a little dry.

The highlight of the show were the twosome, Archana Singh and Parmeet Sethi who lived up to everyone's expectations. But looks like anchoring has mellowed down the fire in their dance which resulted in a very bland performance. But the judges still went gaga over their dull performance!

Mona and Shveta's fellow contestants performed in a way which was never seen before. Mahesh Manjrekar as usual in his unusual style stole many hearts. Along with Mahesh, Ajay Jadeja too gave in his best for the finale and for the first time was not termed as a 'teapot'. The duo danced on Aa Dekhe Zara and set the stage ablaze. What took everyone's breath away was Pooja Bedi's stunning act on her debut hindi song Pehla Nasha. She gave her choreographers a tough time as her beauty and elegant moves grabbed all the attention.

Akashdeep Sehgal who has raked up many controversies post his exit from the show seemed to be very cool and calm. His stunning looks coupled with an awesome Indian outfit appeared to be made for each other! And his witty answer to Archana when asked whom will the junta support of the two ladies was something which could not be missed!

Rati Agnihotri and Sanjeev Kapoor maintained their position as mediocre performers but their efforts could not be overlooked!

The choreographers geared up for some wild performances. The weight in their performance left Shilpa Shetty's (One of the three judges) tongue twisted. Instead of saying they deserve a big round of applause, she said "We deserve to give them a big round of applause!" Well, Shilpa we guess you are better off with your 'superb'!

Farah Khan herself took to the stage with all the choreographers dancing on her fave Gori Gori. The finale would have been incomplete without Shilpa Shetty's hot moves on the dance floor. She shaked a leg on her renonwed item number UP Bihar lootne and earned many accolades!

Pooja, habitually honest, was very vocal about her preference between the two and said it aloud that her vote is reserved for Mona!

Farah certainly pushed it too far when the hosts and judges got nostalgic, saying, in Jhalak... they gave Rs.500 instead of Rs.100. This comment or taunt was very blatant and sounded tacky!

Heartbeats pounded big time when the most awaited moment was drawing near; the announcement of the winner who would take home Rs. 5000000 and the trophy. Immediately after Mona was declared the winner Archana straight away went up to Shveta for her comment, also Shilpa first gave a standing ovation to Shveta and then congratulated Mona which seemed to be very funny!

And calling Shveta a winner even before congratulating Mona (who is the actual winner) made it very apparent that even though Mona has won the contest, Shveta deserved it more! Did they suffer from a memory lapse that it's a reality show?

All in all, the grand finale was worth a watch if we marginalize those evident blemishes!

Edited by monika.goel - 28 October 2006 at 9:41am
virgoqueen IF-Sizzlerz
virgoqueen
virgoqueen

Posted: 02 November 2006 at 12:55pm | IP Logged

Edited by virgoqueen - 02 November 2006 at 12:55pm
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 16 November 2006 at 4:02pm | IP Logged

Mona, jassi,jessica...

Rishi Majumder

How did a model bag Jassi's role?
I did not know the role I was auditioning for. But when I met Deeya (Singh, the producer) I tripped and fell. I think that (to match Jassi's clumsiness) plus the Punjabi accent and the middle class background clinched it.

Your favourite food…
…homemade salads and soups! I can't eat anything else because of my weight loss programme.

The best and worst things about being Jasmeet Walia.
The best — my fans' love; the worst — hiding my identity.

After Jassi Jaisi… what avatar would you vie for?
Rani Mukherjee in Black — a complete contrast to her previous glamourous avatars.

Wouldn't Jassi's public perception stand in the way of this leap?
I have broken that mould with the glamourous dancing in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa. So I'm prepared for the next challenge.

The most touching compliment from a fan?
Post Jassi's make-over, an old lady saying, "I'm so happy. I feel as if my own daughter's finally started looking pretty."

Jasmeet Walia, Jessica Bedi, Neha Shastri. Who's the closest?
There's a part of Jassi in me. And I'm close to Jessica because we're both models… and both have had to hide identities.

And what does looking good mean to you?
It's very important in my field!

Some people feel Jassi's makeover betrays the essential point of the serial.
Look, it's a show for entertainment. There has to be drama. I have been told that Jassi's character was highly unrealistic. But those glasses and braces still made for interesting viewing.

Your favourite dance number and move.
The Jive, on any damn Bollywood number.

Funniest blooper…
I had to dance during the press conference of Nach Baliye. I fell down in front of a bunch of media-persons, with my dance instructor laughing his head off.

You've mentioned falling before. Co-incidence?
Rubbish! I'm a natural (laughs)!

FREUDIAN SNIP
Award: More!
Karan: A very, very special friend
Cooking: Natural
Chotu: Umm… my nickname.
Alias: Jaspreet, Jessica, Mona… stop!
Beauty: Skin deep
Ugliness: In my cupboard!
Endorsements: Great, fun and… money!
Sona: My sister!

Edited by monika.goel - 16 November 2006 at 4:02pm