Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

FAQs for JJKN, & Latest News (Page 4)

laney IF-Dazzler
laney
laney

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sidlum

Hey guys, Shraddha asked me to post this here as it cannot be made into a stickie as I can't keep up with the PMs asking me what the nicknames mean! Tongue   I copy/pasted the additions since I've been away but anyhoo..here you go, this may help those of you who are new to our nuttie JJKN lingo..I found my old post but I left out those that don't relate to JJKN.. Embarrassed

LHeartWE,

Sid

Pig

Lol..okie, so I found my old post..& I added the new ones..just remember the title of this post & search for it the next time you forget someone's NN..(nickname ). Embarrassed

LHeartWE,

Sid

Pig

Hey everyone,

I've been seeing a lot of posts & receiving a few PMs with people wondering what all of our nicknames are for the characters so I thought this key would help you all out. Smile   I left out credits or whatever...

Siddhi

I: JASMEET WALIA:

a) Jasmeet Walia

b) Jassi

c) Jessica Bedi

d) Neha Shastri

e) JassiCeha

f) Wonder Walia

g) Bhagmati

h) WackO Walia

i) That Chick

j) PHAT (Emphasis on the "PH"!)

k) WW (Wonder Walia or WackO Walia)

l) Wally

m) Tree-Hugger

n) Cinderella

II) ARMAAN SURI:

a) Armaan Suri

b) Dimples

c) Dimpie

d) Armu

e) Dimps

f) Dimpu

g) Attitude Suri

h) Sheru

i) Devdas

III: MALLIKA SETH

a) Mallika Seth

b) Mindless Ass Seth

c) Mollie

d) Heartless Witch

e) Mollie Billie

f) Mallika Seth Suri

g) Assy

h) Sassy

i) Younger Seth Sibling

IV: RAGHAV OBEROI

a) Raghav Oberoi

b) Raghav Malhotra

c) Raghav SNOBeroi

a) Piano Man

b) Motor Mouth

c) Reggie

d) Superboyfriend

e) Reggie Boy

f) Ragada Patties

g) Karangatan

h) Ragady

i) MM (Motor Mouth)

j) Speedy Gonzalez

k) Speedy Mouth

l) Mach 3

m) Boy Bander

n) Constipated Jerk

o) Droopy Dog

p) Drooly Dog

q) Blabber Boy

r) Gobby

s) Grabby Pants

V: CJ OBEROI

a) Pink Ch***i

b) PC

c) Tarantula

d) Mr. Pink

e) Pinky

f) Cracked Jeev Bhaiyya

VI: PARBATLAL

a) Parbatlal

b) PERVERTlal

c) PERVMAN

d) Unchee Cheez

e) Unchee Mooch

f) Pervy

VII: SHIV PRATAP OBEROI (Raghav's Father)

a) Shiv Pratap Oberoi

b) Pinstriped Pops

c) Pinstriped Papaji

d) Motor Senior

e) SNOBeroi Senior

f) Senior SNOBeroi

g) Oberoi Senior

h) PP (Pinstriped Pops/Papaji)

VII: BALWANT WALIA (Jassi's Father)

a) Balwant Walia

b) Billu

c) Billster

VIII: ILA SURI (Armaan's Mother)

a) Ila Suri

b) MamaIla

c) ILU ILU

VIIII: TONY & DEEYA SINGH (Creators & Producers of JJKN).

a) Total Duffers

b) Tur* & Doo*ie

c) Tumbo & Dumbo

X: EXTRAS

a) Jha ("Neha Shastri's" Attorney")

b) Jerky Jha

c) Khatra Khatri (Mrs. Brinda Khatri, Teacher @ St. Lawrence's)

d) KK (Khatra Khatri)

e) JO-ke (Jyoti Khatri, Brinda's Daughter)

f) GTD (Global Taxi Driver)-Wherever and whenever anyone is traveling in a taxi, there is this one particular dude who drives the taxi..be it in Mumbai or in Nainital.

g) Chaddi World: Where CJ lives

h) Walia World: Where NO logic lives.

i) NOBS (CC): Nonprofit Organization for the Benefit of Style Challenged Celebs

j) D.A.T.: Dimples Air Time

k) R.A.T.: Raghav Air Time

l) S.S.: Shilpa Saklani

m) Alcoholic Villain Trio: Aryan, Parbatlal, & Jha

n) Tarantula II/TK: Tarun Katial

o) Father Roddy: Father Rodericks

p) Father Rods: Father Rodericks

q) Squirrel Hair: Father Rodericks

r) AA: Apoorva Agnihotri

s) RK: Rakshanda Khan

t) JandA: Jassi and Armaan

u) JandA Brigade: Jassi and Armaan Lovers

v) Tree-Huggies: Jassi/Mona Defense Team

w) T-H: Shortened Form of Tree-Huggies

x) Ahem-Ahem: Heeheehee..take a guess!

y) Chaddi Scene: The scene where CJ & Jassi were in a hotel in Nainital, CJ drugged Jassi, Jassi was passed out, and Armaan walked in as CJ made it look like he slept with Jassi the day before the JandA wedding WAS to have occurred.

z) W.S.L.: Wedding Singer Lady (The lady who sings "ahhhhahhhh" in EVERY freaking background of Jassi's thoughts!)

LOL..I RAN OUT OF LETTERS!!!

a1)D.S.D.: Depressed Singer Dude (The man who sings the sad version of "Tu Meri Jaan Hai" & the one who sings the melancholic tune when Armaan is depressed.)

b1) TMJ: Tu Meri Jaan

c1) U.S.M.: Universal Sparkle Music: That happy tune that they play at all odd times..like they played it when Armaan "ahemmed" Mallika..they play it when Raghav drools..and it's played at all other unwanted and unnecessary times.

d1) Winkie: Rhea (Armaan's 2nd secretary who was fired by Mallika.)

e1) PKD: Pyaar Ke Dushman gang (Consists of all of those against JandA such as Mallika, Aryan, Ila, Angel [Armaan's sister>).

f1) KMH: Kabab Mein Haddis (Consists of the same as above..but slightly more annoying than evil such as Raghav, Shiv Pratap Oberoi, Umathai [Raghav's Mother>, etc.)

g1) Mr. & Mrs. Duffer: Jassi & Armaan

h1) MonApu: Mona & Apoorva

i1) MandA: Mona & Apoorva

j1) SC/BoB: Apoorva

k1) BB/BD: Shilpa Saklani

l1) SandA: Shilpa & Apoorva

m1) PDA: Public Display of Affection

n1) GLUE: Ok, not a nickname but GLUEEE has been taken to new heights (ask buffie)

o1) PAWW Band(h)er: Lol, this could have been the most stupidest thing on earth discovered...but it stands for a band whose members are Vikas Bhalla(Pink ch****), Karan Oberoi(Aati nahin) and Amit Tandon (wessap)......all three who started off as singers but ended up acting...feat by SS and a rap video by AA.

Hope that helps guys!!! Let's make this the Master List..we'll keep adding on here..& I CANNOT BELIEVE I ran out of letters in the alphabet!

LHeartWE,

Sid

Pig
great work!Clap

fanatic001 Senior Member
fanatic001
fanatic001

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Can someone help me please.

I'm looking for old Jassi episodes cuz I recently started watching this show.

I need the videos after Jassi's transformation.

PLEASE HELP! Cry

Edited by fanatic001 - 23 April 2006 at 8:31pm
Mohsin Vahora Senior Member
Mohsin Vahora
Mohsin Vahora

Posted: 07 May 2006 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Thanks.
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 09 May 2006 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Bye Mona Singh, Jasmeet, Jassi, Jessica, Neha Sharma
Finally, Mona Singh aka Jasmeet Walia urf Jassi aka Jessica aka Neha Sharma can breathe easy. Deeya and Tony Singh's magnum opus, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin about the story of a plain Jane-turned-beautiful swan is coming to an end on May 4.

Jassi, the very name conjures up several images-of a young girl with large spectacles, a toothy smile in braces, a girl in badly styled hair & clothes, a girl fiercely guarded by her father, a girl whose very presence in a company of men & women evokes ridicule & mockery...This is how people saw Jassi when she made her first screen appearance 3 years ago. Slowly this plain Jane made her way, warming millions of homes and hearts, to become the darling of the masses and India's most loved icon among youngsters.

The special episode lined up that day will Jassi taking the viewers through her eventful journey on the idiot box for three long years. Let's begin at the be ginning when Sony had gone into a marketing overdrive teasing view ers, hiding the identity of this girl who every body seemed to be in love with and then after days of hype and hoopla, the girl was un veiled on prime time television as Jasmeet Walia. Bespectacled, braces on her teeth, but toned-up salwar kurtas and a hideous fringe cut made Jas meet urf Jassi look nerdy, al right. But couch potatoes started adoring Jassi and spoke about her in the same breath, as Tulsi and Parvati. She was the girl next door who made the mid dle class woman see hope. She became an icon. Jassi's joys and sorrows, her antics in Gulmohar House, her clumsiness, her dedication towards her job and her unflinching love for her family and not to forget the way she handled her boss, Armaan Sir's personal and professional crises.

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin was also responsible in making Sony a channel to look out for. It was a show, which gave hope to many producers and directors to go for Jassi-like shows. Middle-class became the buzzword and Jassi became an icon. Satya Paul launched a fashion line in her name and a limited-edition stamp was designed as a tribute to the 'aspirational' quality of Jassi.

Next Thursday viewers will actually bid Jassi good bye . The show will be remembered for writing a new chapter in the history of Indian televi sion. – that heroines need not be dolled up like brides-in-waiting, they can be also en dearing as Jasmeet Walia in her plain, simple, lovable look. For that alone 'Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin'.

"Jassi was a refreshing change from the traditional fare of typical love stories and family dramas. The story of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin is modern, aspirational and captures the simple middle class world of plain Jane Jassi who wants to make a mark for herself in the glamour world. As the story progressed, Jassi went through a transformation in terms of her look, attire, attitude, but her roots, her values and her aspirations remained intact and that's what made Jassi fans stay on as captive audience for 3 years now", says, N P Singh, COO, Sony Entertainment Television.

Speaking on the distinct concept of the show, Producer-Director, Tony Singh said, "When Sony Entertainment Television approached me with the concept of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, I saw it as a sure winner and was more than happy to take on the project. It is unbelievable that we have completed 3 years in which the show has won accolades and awards and will be remembered as the path breaking show on Indian television. Amongst all the shows that I will make and have made, Jassi...will always remain close to my heart"

"It will take me another 3 years to believe that the show is concluding", said a visibly sad and restless Jassi. "I have lived this character every single moment and right from the crew members and spot boys, all call me by this name. Jassi will always remain in my heart. This is the show that has given me name & fame in this industry. Most importantly, it has given me loyal fans who have stood by Jassi when she was a simple girl, during her tough time in Gulmohar, her relationship with Armaan Sir... They have laughed and cried with her, shared all her sorrows and happiness. Jassi has also taught me the real meaning of respect, love, friendship & sacrifice. It is sad that Jassi will no more reign the television screens, but I am confident that the good news that she leaves behind for all her fans will linger on forever..." she adds.

Apoorva Agnihotri better known as Armaan Sir, too shares similar feelings, "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin has always been Jassi & Armaan Sir's story. It is hard to believe that the show, which was almost a part of our daily routine, will soon come to an end. We actually lived and looked forward to each day. I will always treasure the show and the character I played for the rest of my life!"
By Televisionpoint.com Team

Edited by monika.goel - 09 May 2006 at 4:27pm
sravanirao Newbie
sravanirao
sravanirao

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
i stopped watching this serial from last two months.when is this serial aired in sony? wat is new timing?.i need info
sim_indian IF-Dazzler
sim_indian
sim_indian

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
wow u really know all this???
thanx we needed that
hp85 Senior Member
hp85
hp85

Posted: 31 July 2006 at 3:21am | IP Logged
i HAVE TRIED TO GO ONT TO THE SIE WHERE WE CAN DOWNLOAD JASSI EPISODES BUT IT DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO ACCESS.
bUT PLEASE COULD SOMEONE INFOMR ME IF I CAN GET JASSI'S ALL OF THEM ON DVD OR IF I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM OFF ONE POST ,
I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE A GREAT DELA OF JASSI'S AS IT HAS RUN FOR THREE YEARS BUT I REALLY WANTT OBE ABLE TO VIEW THEM ALL AS I STARTED TO VIEW AND READ ABOUT JASSI ONTHIS FORUM AND I REALLY LIKE ITT.
PLEASE THIS IS A VERY URGENT REQUEST AND I KNOW ONLY THE PEOPLE OF THOS FORUM WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME
fRM
HARPS
racho8 Goldie
racho8
racho8

Posted: 31 August 2006 at 9:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hp85

i HAVE TRIED TO GO ONT TO THE SIE WHERE WE CAN DOWNLOAD JASSI EPISODES BUT IT DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO ACCESS.
bUT PLEASE COULD SOMEONE INFOMR ME IF I CAN GET JASSI'S ALL OF THEM ON DVD OR IF I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM OFF ONE POST ,
I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE A GREAT DELA OF JASSI'S AS IT HAS RUN FOR THREE YEARS BUT I REALLY WANTT OBE ABLE TO VIEW THEM ALL AS I STARTED TO VIEW AND READ ABOUT JASSI ONTHIS FORUM AND I REALLY LIKE ITT.
PLEASE THIS IS A VERY URGENT REQUEST AND I KNOW ONLY THE PEOPLE OF THOS FORUM WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME
fRM
HARPS

hey im w/ u i really want em too..

so some1 plzz help us

Go to top