Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Real love in reel life

February 14, 2007

Karan Oberoi and Mona Singh

"For the last five years, I have been performing on Valentine's Day. This year, it will be no different!" says Karan, who is currently dating Mona Singh. However, he has a fond memory of a special Valentine's Day. "Five years back when I was performing in Kolkata and singing Kabhie Kabhie Mere Dil Mein, a 14-year old girl came over and gave me a rose. I invited her on stage and we danced together on the song," he says.

Karan had forgotten the incident until last December when he was working out in a Mumbai gym. "A girl came up to me and asked me do you remember me? I said no. Then she reminded me of the incident. She wanted to be a model and had shifted base to Mumbai. She told me how I made her Valentine's Day special then," says Karan.

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail

Mr Finance Minister

Gaurav Gera to don the role of our Finance Minister P Chidambaram

Back to Section Stories
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Ranjib Mazumder

Gaurav Gera, best known as Nandu from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin is going to be the Union Finance Minister. No, the actor is not taking up politics but will don the role of our Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on a news channel to present the budget.

An excited Gaurav says, "When I was approached by one of my friend to present this show, I was a little apprehensive. But, my friend eventually convinced me that it's not going to be a spoof. With all due respect to our great Finance Minister, I will be presenting the budget in a light-hearted manner, so that even a layman can understand the details. I am very excited about my new role."

How is he preparing for the role? "Playing a big wig on-screen is not a joke. And playing an intellectual like Chidambaram is even tougher. So, whenever I play any character I tend to follow the character's culture and accent. As he is a South Indian, my mannerisms, costume and accent will be very South Indian. But, I will take care to not make the show very complicated by using simple language," he adds.

Gaurav says, "Meanwhile, I am busy with a comedy show Ha Ha Ha. Besides that I have just finished a movie titled Woodstock Villa."

monika.goel thumbnail
Kidding about Kids!

Amongst Tellywood actresses, it's uncommon to find them going the family way immediately after their marriage. If a minimum of 5 years gap is maintained between marriage and childbirth amongst common folks, it's much beyond that
for actresses of the small screen as it is the general conception that having a child may hinder their acting career, which being a demanding one, takes up almost 16-18 hours a day, 25 days a month. Gita Hari talks to some childless actresses to find out their reason for postponing their motherhood.

SHILPA SAKLANI:

Married to actor Apurva Agnihotri, they have come together in Jassi on Sony and Nach Baliye 1 on Star One and make for a lovely and loving couple. She is popular as Ganga of KSBKBT on Star Plus and also
hosted the show Fame X on SAB TV.

Speaking on their plans of starting a family, Shilpa says, "Maybe in a year or two. I am a laidback person and my career is of no consequence to me and my priority is my marriage. I need Apurva to settle a little more and by then I will be 25, which I think will be the right age for me to conceive. I often dream of that day when our chungu-mungu can pakau Apurva on the sets."

Raveesh thumbnail
i want the videos of hassi jaisi koi nahin plz help me out guys....want em badly..
monika.goel thumbnail

The great patch-up

Lata Mangeshkar and T-Series bury the hatchet, and cut an album together

Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, March 08, 2007

Kunal M Shah

In step with the times: With Asha Bhonsle grooving with youngsters in her new album, Asha and Friends, can elder sis Lata be far behind? Hardly, for Lata teamed up with television actress Mona Singh for a new video, shot yesterday at Visage Studio, Jogeshwari. The video is directed by Anupam Sinha. Mona plays a lovelorn woman in it. We found Lata in great spirits at the shoot yesterday as she hummed the song seated on a bright pink couch for the camera. Meanwhile Mona, dressed in a white skirt and blue top, drifted wistfully from room to room to the tunes of the song. The album is composed by Mayuresh

The much-talked-about squabble between music legend Lata Mangeshkar and the music label T-Series is now a thing of the past. The two parties have joined hands and Mangeshkar will be now be seen in a T-Series album after a long time. The album is scheduled to release in May.

Bhushan Kumar of T-Series admits that there were certain problems between them, and that those issues have been cleared, "Yes, there were certain issues as she was not exactly happy with the cover versions that we earlier did. We often used different singers and she didn't like it. We heard from everywhere that she was dead against T-Series, and so we never had the opportunity to work together. These misunderstandings were created by other people around us. Lataji and I never got to speak with each other. When I met her recently, she more than welcomed me and I guess she understood our concept of cover versions. I spoke to her at length and all misunderstandings were cleared. She said she was very keen to work with us, and even said she was impressed by the way we promote and market our stars."

As for the album that Lata will sing for the label, Kumar says, "It will have soft music. Even Javed Akhtar saab has written for this album. The video has been shot, and we are planning a huge release for it."

monika.goel thumbnail

Mona dancing

The actress will be going on a world tour in June. She will be performing popular Bollywood tracks

Back to Section Stories Posted On Monday, March 19, 2007

Ranjib Mazumder

Mona Singh
Mona Singh is on cloud nine. The actress, who won several hearts with her dance moves in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, will be going on a world tour with a host of other actors, this June. Mona will be cruising across different countries including the US, the UK, Canada and Bahamas for 140 days, performing several popular Bollywood tracks. She says, "After Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, I have emerged as a different individual altogether. I used to be scared of dancing before, but now I enjoy it the most. I think this tour will give me a great opportunity to connect with Indians around the world. I am just keeping my fingers crossed."

Besides giving solo performances, Mona will be doubling up as the host for several shows. "While I was doing Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, I had hosted a beauty pageant and enjoyed it thoroughly," she adds.

At present, the actress is busy shooting for the upcoming reality show on Sony, Extreme Makeover. "Since the show is scheduled for June, I will start practising 10-15 days prior to the event."

Unfortunately, her choreographer in Jhalak…, Toby will not be with her during the tour. Adds Mona, "The organisers have promised to give me different choreographers for different shows.  But, I will always be grateful to my fabulous choreographer Toby, who made me dance to his tunes and helped me win the competition."