Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Most Effortless Singing??? (Page 2)

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mano123

Who do u think sings the most effortlessly.. I mean no heavy expressions on their faces? And who do u think puts too much expressions like they are putting too much effort into the singing..

Mine:

Effortless: Hemachandra, Vishwas, Himani

Too much expression: sharib, twinkle, Ujjaini

Nihira and Hemu undoubtedly.. they were effortless for most of the songs..but ya when they sang hard songs (which they did most of the time) the effort showed on their faces (Hemu's Saathiya and Nihira's Saathi Bhool Na Jaana)

Himani and Vinit follow.. effortless again for most part.. but nto as gud as Hemu and Nihira..

ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Hema and Nihira.

But Hema used to scrunch up his face when he was hitting the high notes. Hema had this cute mannerism where he seemed like he would be guiding his voice with his hand e.g. if his would go high, his hand would go upwards, and if he had to go low his hand would go down. I guess he was ONE with the music. Tongue
SmarterDesiKid IF-Sizzlerz
SmarterDesiKid
SmarterDesiKid

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:26pm | IP Logged

Who do u think sings the most effortlessly.. I mean no heavy expressions on their faces? And who do u think puts too much expressions like they are putting too much effort into the singing..

Mine:

Angry

you think Hema doesn't put in ANY effort into his songs...how the hell do you think he sang Nahin Samne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staying right on note for 17 seconds without breathing isn't as easy as breathing you know....

SmarterDesiKid IF-Sizzlerz
SmarterDesiKid
SmarterDesiKid

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

Mine:

First of all it's Hema Chandra ....NOT ONE NAME

Angry

you think Hema doesn't put in ANY effort into his songs...how the hell do you think he sang Nahin Samne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staying right on note for 17 seconds without breathing isn't as easy as breathing you know....

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 7:12pm | IP Logged

Mine:

Angry

SDK, if this is ur idea of being funny.. well its kinda sad.. but wat the creater of this topic meant was effortless as in sum1 who sang a song easily without showing the pain of singing a hard song on their face!!!

Its a compliment to be effortless..

Aruna ji, agree with ur comment about his hand going up n and down.. I've seen a lot of south indian singers doing it.. my aunt who is a carnatic singer does it too...!!
mano123 Senior Member
mano123
mano123

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

Mine:

Angry

Dude!!! Are u kidding me? You shouldn't be using a screen name with the word "smart" in there.. What an oxymoron? Which part of effortless singing don't u understand? Anyway, someone else did a good job of explaining it for folks like you. Also I know a lot of people whose name is Hemachandra. Its one name.. Otherwise, Hema on its own is a girl's name. Please check your facts. 

autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Facial expressions alone do not depict effortless singing. When you are singing, it comes very naturally to close your eyes, or move your hands rhythmically with the song especially the ones who are classically trained. It is the raagas that they are actually doing in their mind and so hands move up and down. I think Nihira and Hema were doing more of that. I cannot really say that they were effortless. Some songs like Nihira's Saathi re is such a difficult song and she has to put effort in it. TAnhayee, Hai rama for Hema did require effort.
Actually Karunya on II2 sings effortlessly, as I dont see strain in him that much. The other singer all time I have seen in live shows is SPB. He is unbelievably effortless and very casual while singing.

HImani appears to sing effortlessly, but sings in a pitch atleast 1/2 to 1 octave lower than original. But because of her voice quality you cannot identify that right away.

Edited by autmother - 28 March 2006 at 9:13pm
ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by autmother

Facial expressions alone do not depict effortless singing. When you are singing, it comes very naturally to close your eyes, or move your hands rhythmically with the song especially the ones who are classically trained. It is the raagas that they are actually doing in their mind and so hands move up and down. I think Nihira and Hema were doing more of that. I cannot really say that they were effortless. Some songs like Nihira's Saathi re is such a difficult song and she has to put effort in it. TAnhayee, Hai rama for Hema did require effort.
Actually Karunya on II2 sings effortlessly, as I dont see strain in him that much. The other singer all time I have seen in live shows is SPB. He is unbelievably effortless and very casual while singing.

HImani appears to sing effortlessly, but sings in a pitch atleast 1/2 to 1 octave lower than original. But because of her voice quality you cannot identify that right away.

I agree.

Go to top