India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Most Effortless Singing??? (Page 10)

*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
As far as C05 singers were considered - I think Abhijit Ghoshal had the most effortless singing... I would give high marks to Vishwas as well on that...
As for the girls, Nihira and Raktima certainly score very high on that...
Nihira had shown her excellent range in 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna..', 'Hamesha tumko chaha', 'Kehna hi kya' and so many others...
Raktima had quite a few brilliant performances as well.. The only issue with her voice is possibly that her voice goes shrill on higher notes, the other thing being that her voice may not be suitable for playback for the current gen. of actresses given the voices of Rani, Preity, Kareena and Bipasha Tongue
Madhavi, just my opinion - But I thought that Raktima was brilliant in 'Sawan ke jhule pade hai' - not a very simple song, but she was excellent.. She was great with 'Odhani' as well..

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhavir108

Originally posted by fm_qazi

Originally posted by madhavir108

Originally posted by mano123

Who do u think sings the most effortlessly.. I mean no heavy expressions on their faces? And who do u think puts too much expressions like they are putting too much effort into the singing..

Mine:

Effortless: Hemachandra, Vishwas, Himani

Too much expression: sharib, twinkle, Ujjaini

Nihira and Hemu undoubtedly.. they were effortless for most of the songs..but ya when they sang hard songs (which they did most of the time) the effort showed on their faces (Hemu's Saathiya and Nihira's Saathi Bhool Na Jaana)

Himani and Vinit follow.. effortless again for most part.. but nto as gud as Hemu and Nihira..

Madhvi....come to reality. We know your Hema is very good singer, but be reasonable sometimes. Why are you behaving like a member of bachcha party.

Please tell me in what way I am wrong. I said that too that effort showed on their face. If u sing Oh Saathi Re at the age of 19 and NOT screw up your face, then you are a great singer... but to attempt Oh Saathi Re itself is hard.. and Nihira did it..

To sing a song which has a portion where u need to hold ur breath for 15 seconds at one note, is not easy. To screw up your face for that is justfied because the quality is there.

To even attempt a song Sonu Nigam himself said he wont attempt (Tera Jadoo Chal Gaya) requires guts and if u twist ur pain at high notes and falter a little bit, its forgiven becase u have attempted something so exception, and hence I say Vinit is effortless

To sing a song sung by a man and yet maintain the originality of your voice requires effort. See Himani's jiya dhadhak dhadak, she winces just a bit but all in all, its such a smooth performance..

These are singers, because they are trying and in that proces they will falter and yet learn.

What is effortless? There is nothing as complete 100% effortlessness..the closest tat gets to perfection is Lata ji and Pt. Jasraj followed by Shri SPB (I've seen them perform live so i can say..the others haven't seen so dont want to comment) These young singers in SRGMP showed immense potential and put a LOT of effort in preparing each song of theirs.. if that effort shows on the face its fine as far as the singing isn't effected..

Raktima I will say is effortless, but where is that ONE performance out of hers in SRGMP which u can take and say, it was simply superb.. they were all good agreed..but 'superb' ?! I doubt it.. She was very good.. I really liked her Yeh Haseen Vadiyan, but then which really hard song did she attempt except YHV ?

I dont go goo gaa over Hemu or Nihira for no reason.. both ahve faults and I acknowledge them, but if they were the best on the show, why should I hesitate to say that ?

I am not a music guy, what I feel I say and most of them being seconded by persons who knows about music. If you remember clearly, Raktima sang one song from HDDCS or Devdas so effortlessly and wonderfullly, even ID told that it was not looking like Raktima was singing, she did that with only 15 minutes of Riyaaz. Raktima always sings effortlessly, even you will see in EMAET too. Effort does not only come from facial expression but also from posture at the time of singing. There were so many instances all singers barring couple sang some songs effortlessly. But over all, Raktima's singing is most effortless. Now comes to who has given most of superb performance, which is still debatable, so I do not want to go into that discussion. If you go by meters, then Vinit was the best. If you go by public votes then Debojit was best. If you go by your heart Hemu was the best. But if we are talking about "effortless" singing, at least our decision can be reasonable in this insignificant criteria. For playback singing effortlessnes does not matter, what you are delivering matters most. I really do not want to debate on this issue. So it is my last response regarding your comment.

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jayc1234

As far as C05 singers were considered - I think Abhijit Ghoshal had the most effortless singing... I would give high marks to Vishwas as well on that...
Nihira had shown her excellent range in 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna..', 'Hamesha tumko chaha', 'Kehna hi kya' and so many others...
Raktima had quite a few brilliant performances as well.. The only issue with her voice is possibly that her voice goes shrill on higher notes, the other thing being that her voice may not be suitable for playback for the current gen. of actresses given the voices of Rani, Preity, Kareena and Bipasha Tongue
Madhavi, just my opinion - But I thought that Raktima was brilliant in 'Sawan ke jhule pade hai' - not a very simple song, but she was excellent.. She was great with 'Odhani' as well..

I never liked Raktima because of her being nasal, but she had given more than couple of superb performances. Personally, if I feel somebody sings better I will appreciate it irrespective of who is my favorite singer.

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:38pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Originally posted by jayc1234

I agree jayaji.

Sawan Ke Jhoole Pade is an RD classic....Raag Pahadi? or Pilu? She has superb in Yeh Haseen Wadiyan too. But I always thought Keka was way better than Raktima, himani or Ujjaini....I am sure SDK will agree with meWink

And my dear SDK, Hemachandra IS one wordWink

I agree with both Qaziji and you Madhavi, at times you tend to go overboard about Hema...but who am I to talk, I SLLLUUUURRRRPPP about Twinkle and rave about Nihi EmbarrassedEmbarrassed tooTongue

But problem is with me, I talk. I am still learning to be silent in this kind of situation.

*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

I agree jayaji.

Sawan Ke Jhoole Pade is an RD classic....Raag Pahadi? or Pilu? She has superb in Yeh Haseen Wadiyan too. But I always thought Keka was way better than Raktima, himani or Ujjaini....I am sure SDK will agree with meWink

I agree Abhi - Keka has a voice lot more powerful than many others who reached the finals.. brilliant throw.. Just can't forget her 'Jaha pe sawera ho'... Ujjaini - I thought had only one exceptional song in the entire show (Mausam ki adla badli me) and never after that could she come anywhere even close to that.. She also lost her singing focus and became more performance oriented like Twinkle... Raktima however, was very unfortunate to be voted out as the first contestant in the finals, that too after a performace as good as 'Yeh haseen wadiyan'

SHUBHAMSG IF-Dazzler
SHUBHAMSG
SHUBHAMSG

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
What are you people talking about ????

HIMESH RESHAMMIYA sings his songs most effortlessly .
His face and hand movements are sooooooooo relaxed at the moment he sings . Wink
Swastika Senior Member
Swastika
Swastika

IF SRGMP Winner

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
In reality shows, i has to be Arijit Singh. I have never seen him screwing up his face even while striking the highest of notes.
s2v2 Groupbie
s2v2
s2v2

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SHUBHAMSG

What are you people talking about ????

HIMESH RESHAMMIYA sings his songs most effortlessly .
His face and hand movements are sooooooooo relaxed at the moment he sings . Wink

why are u winking...

Go to top