Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

why karunya's dilse was mind blowing (Page 4)

Rindam Senior Member
Rindam
Rindam

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 12:03pm | IP Logged

Please dont get me wrong.
For me personally I see ARRahman as an artist with a great sharp mind of music that can create pieces of sheer brilliance.But as a voice I dont personally feel he is a stalwart. I really love Rahman, Illayaraja for their compositions. So please dont be mad Embarrassed

Two cents about my favorite in the film world of music.

Among male vocalists I think the mingling of sheer vocal brilliance and expression was in the rich baritone of Sri. Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao garu.

Knowing the language I am amazed as to how he breathed meaning into every verse.

His voice is peerless in it's expressions and passion just as it can be -Oh so caressing- and playful and then again bring in the profoundness and philosophy.

His singing sounds simple and without too much going on, but therein lies his greatness. The transitions are expertly embedded, you wont find them until you sign them.

Another who has always managed to make me forget my worries is Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan. Many a rendition of his have brought me a small dream. God really gifted this manEmbarrassed

Not to forget Ghulam Ali, the maestro of Ghazals- his voice tells such romanceEmbarrassed Ah, mesmerising-

Had to edit this post: I didnt mean to rant off on this tangent as this post was originally about Karunya. Hope he does superb, Karunya rocksSmile

Edited by Rindam - 29 March 2006 at 12:31pm

checks IF-Rockerz
checks
checks

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosho

Originally posted by madhavir108

pragya0, rosho is right that only Rahman sung this song.. forget the voice, Rahman's passion is inimitable by ANY contemporary singer.. he is one of the few singers who can make a very simple song sound so soulful..
I know u didnt compare Rahman and Karu... which is good..else I would have bashed u even more..coz though I love Karu.. comarping him to Rahman is like really insultin to Rahman and I am sure Karu wouldnt liek to be compared as a equal with a singer like Rahman..
Karu's rendition of Dil Se was MUCH better than his Ramta Jogi..I wish he had picked this for the Galas than Ramta Jogi.. Ramta Jogi was fantastic..but for a Hemu fan like me, to hear Karu sing it was very hard to accept !!! Also Karu, like Hemu, shows that he knows his stuff when it comes to classical music..he modifies the songs a lot and adds a lot of his own harkats.
Just one small critical comment, Karu shuld work on his finishing..sometimes its abrupt... i never understood when people said that Nihira, Hemu, Himani and Vinit had suepr finishing..until I heard Hemu's Tanhayee.. Listen to it to understand what good finishing is...on II, I thought Amey's Suno Na has a good finishing...
But seriously, Karunya is MUCH above this competition now... he is a true winner..

Thank you madhavi, I do hope Karunya can sing songs other than that of Sukwinder Singh alone. He seems to excel only in those songs. Rest of them are pretty much average. Amey seemed to be the only one who chose a whole range of songs and got voted out. Karunya has sung sukhvinder's songs in 4 rounds so far dureing this season. Does not speak much about his versaility. I do know hes a brilliant singer, but you do need  to show the world that you cna pick any song and make it sound wonderful. he might have opted for a few different songs here and there, but mostly its been sukhvinder all the way...

Well said guys.....and I also agree to these point....especially comparing meastro with these newbies - I wud kill myself oneday...

I also felt and Anu malik said it quite a few times....Karu is good at high octave (which itself is not so easy - Karu's appreciated for that many times)...but as far as singing both high n low at same time, I dont think he's the best in II2....Amey was way ahead of all contestents in that range.....no doubt abt that - unfortunately, he's out of the show.....
rest, I thank you for such nice critical comments....ppl generally are biased and overlook very many facts that everyone can easily see....
thanx guys!!

peace
checks IF-Rockerz
checks
checks

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
one day, one fellow silly friend of mine was comparing Altaf Raza with Ghulam Ali for their romantic numbers !!??!!...
I couldnt do anything but to laugh at him.....how sud I tell him what he's talking abt....if he knew abything abt these singer and Ghulam Ali in particular, he wont even dream to do that....

so plz...
peace

Edited by checks - 29 March 2006 at 12:57pm

Go to top