Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

why karunya's dilse was mind blowing (Page 2)

cool water IF-Dazzler
cool water
cool water

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
oh! he sang that!! I have to check that out!

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosho

Originally posted by madhavir108

pragya0, rosho is right that only Rahman sung this song.. forget the voice, Rahman's passion is inimitable by ANY contemporary singer.. he is one of the few singers who can make a very simple song sound so soulful..

I know u didnt compare Rahman and Karu... which is good..else I would have bashed u even more..coz though I love Karu.. comarping him to Rahman is like really insultin to Rahman and I am sure Karu wouldnt liek to be compared as a equal with a singer like Rahman..

Karu's rendition of Dil Se was MUCH better than his Ramta Jogi..I wish he had picked this for the Galas than Ramta Jogi.. Ramta Jogi was fantastic..but for a Hemu fan like me, to hear Karu sing it was very hard to accept !!! Also Karu, like Hemu, shows that he knows his stuff when it comes to classical music..he modifies the songs a lot and adds a lot of his own harkats.

Just one small critical comment, Karu shuld work on his finishing..sometimes its abrupt... i never understood when people said that Nihira, Hemu, Himani and Vinit had suepr finishing..until I heard Hemu's Tanhayee.. Listen to it to understand what good finishing is...on II, I thought Amey's Suno Na has a good finishing...

But seriously, Karunya is MUCH above this competition now... he is a true winner..

Thank you madhavi, I do hope Karunya can sing songs other than that of Sukwinder Singh alone. He seems to excel only in those songs. Rest of them are pretty much average. Amey seemed to be the only one who chose a whole range of songs and got voted out. Karunya has sung sukhvinder's songs in 4 rounds so far dureing this season. Does not speak much about his versaility. I do know hes a brilliant singer, but you do need  to show the world that you cna pick any song and make it sound wonderful. he might have opted for a few different songs here and there, but mostly its been sukhvinder all the way...

You answered ur question urself.. Amey sang a whole range of songs, he was good in some and not so good in some and tht is y he got voted out.. watever the reason, he tried showing his versatality, he tried showing his classical skills.. but wat happened ? the 'janta' doesnt seem to care..tehy r lukin for god knows wat...

karunya is being smart in playing is strengths... thts y i mentioned before also.. the show is showing only 0.01% of Karunya's true potential..hearing him sing telugu songs and songs as a kid, that is true karunya... and which is just out of this world.. its a pity people dont appreciate it..

if singing sukhwinder songs is helpin karu.. then i guess he shuld stick to it !! watever the case is...he is a good singer and i am sure he will go farrrrrrr..
ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
I agree with madhavir,if the show were to be judged by learned judges,then the choices would be different.karunya is playing to the gallery ,because that is what janata likes to hear.the more joshila the better.(that is why,salman,shahrukh,amir-his 3rd patriotic film...do what they do repeatedly).smses and tickets are not free.you want people to spend..you entertain them...paisa fenko tamasha dekho....karus "ja re hat natkhat was fabulous,and was accepted too.
        AMEY shd have played to his strengths....his earlier srgmp experience may have made him experiment.
      did Amit sana try to sing a soft romantic song like abhi...Abhi didnt try to sing powerful songs like Sana(marhabbaa,upar khuda)...VINIT sang sonu songs 90% time and reached finals.himani sang punjabi songs of medium rangeand got wah wahs!!
amritha19 Goldie
amritha19
amritha19

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosho

Originally posted by madhavir108

pragya0, rosho is right that only Rahman sung this song.. forget the voice, Rahman's passion is inimitable by ANY contemporary singer.. he is one of the few singers who can make a very simple song sound so soulful..

I know u didnt compare Rahman and Karu... which is good..else I would have bashed u even more..coz though I love Karu.. comarping him to Rahman is like really insultin to Rahman and I am sure Karu wouldnt liek to be compared as a equal with a singer like Rahman..

Karu's rendition of Dil Se was MUCH better than his Ramta Jogi..I wish he had picked this for the Galas than Ramta Jogi.. Ramta Jogi was fantastic..but for a Hemu fan like me, to hear Karu sing it was very hard to accept !!! Also Karu, like Hemu, shows that he knows his stuff when it comes to classical music..he modifies the songs a lot and adds a lot of his own harkats.

Just one small critical comment, Karu shuld work on his finishing..sometimes its abrupt... i never understood when people said that Nihira, Hemu, Himani and Vinit had suepr finishing..until I heard Hemu's Tanhayee.. Listen to it to understand what good finishing is...on II, I thought Amey's Suno Na has a good finishing...

But seriously, Karunya is MUCH above this competition now... he is a true winner..

Thank you madhavi, I do hope Karunya can sing songs other than that of Sukwinder Singh alone. He seems to excel only in those songs. Rest of them are pretty much average. Amey seemed to be the only one who chose a whole range of songs and got voted out. Karunya has sung sukhvinder's songs in 4 rounds so far dureing this season. Does not speak much about his versaility. I do know hes a brilliant singer, but you do need  to show the world that you cna pick any song and make it sound wonderful. he might have opted for a few different songs here and there, but mostly its been sukhvinder all the way...
as far i kno, jare natkat holi song was not sung by sukhvinder and i thought he did a great job off it. i'm kinda tired of repeating this again n again but really singing one singers song doesnot restict ones versatility as a singer. again it depends on the choice of song and not really who sang it. Though a lot of his songs were sung by sukhwinder, that in no way means tht they were of the same genre. well i also think that karu is more capable than what they show him to be.
JaNnAT Senior Member
JaNnAT
JaNnAT

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
karu sung all songs very well...cuz he is a gud singer
Rindam Senior Member
Rindam
Rindam

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
I beg to differ on the AR Rahman singing capabilities.

In my humble opinion I think he is not a great singer.

He has a fascinating musical mind, not voice.

Heard him live and and in concert many a time and with no instruments you can catch him losing sur (-apasruthi-) a few times. Its possible because he handles many a thing at the same time on the stage.

To judge a voice the easiest way for me is to listen to the voice without any instrumentation or back up.Someone who misses -sur- gets a cushion with instruments and we dont notice it that much.

Just listen good vocalists never need an instrument to make it a musical evening.

Hemachandra is a tad better in my opinion again compared to Karunya. But both have the gift of voice but have just started and so comparing them with professionals is unfair.
Rindam Senior Member
Rindam
Rindam

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
My two cents on Karunya.

A voice on the radio in a far far away minus the razzmatazz and the paraphernalia, Karunya's voice has the capability to make you stop and listen. He has the gift of voice to take over.

Ameya was a great voice. Im sad that he was voted out because both Karunya and Ameya were right competition.

Sandeep is just not original, When Sandeep sings its like, why are you here, we'd rather hear the original instead?

Anuj, he's cute. He misses sur sometimes. Anuj, whose faults are glaring but he is cute?(sometimes his singing is almost as bad as Debojit who won Sa re Ga ma Pa).
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 12:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Rindam

I beg to differ on the AR Rahman singing capabilities.

In my humble opinion I think he is not a great singer.

He has a fascinating musical mind, not voice.

Heard him live and and in concert many a time and with no instruments you can catch him losing sur (-apasruthi-) a few times. Its possible because he handles many a thing at the same time on the stage.

To judge a voice the easiest way for me is to listen to the voice without any instrumentation or back up.Someone who misses -sur- gets a cushion with instruments and we dont notice it that much.

Just listen good vocalists never need an instrument to make it a musical evening.

Hemachandra is a tad better in my opinion again compared to Karunya. But both have the gift of voice but have just started and so comparing them with professionals is unfair.

Rindam ji, the reason I go goo gaa over A R Rahman is his passion he induces in his songs. How many singers in reality shows can sing a Vande Mataram or a Dil Se Re ? When Nihira sang the swar part in Kehna Hi Kya which was done by Rahman, she goofed up and ID said that it is very hard to do wat Rahman does.. Hemu and Karu were techincally almost perfect.. but neither could get A R Rahman's passion... that is A R Rahman's trademark..

Lukkha Chuppi from RDB is a great example, Rahman's part is not hard to sing.. but quite frankly, forget a singer from Reality TV, I dont even thing a normal singer could do justice... Rahman induces passion.. and so much of feeling that u tend to forget the sur flaws.

Rahmans genius as a musician also comes across in the work he drives from his singers. He brings out the best in Chitra, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sadhana Sargam and offlate, the only MD in my opinion to do justice to Lataji.. and in males, Hariharan and Sonu Nigam. Infact some of Sonu Nigam's memorable works which were totally passion induced were Saathiya and Satrangi Re..

This is the reason why I say that Rahman is a great singer.

A lot of singers sing, all sing with feelings and all sing from soul but Rahman does something else.. be in a Lukkha Chuppi or a Yeh Jo Des, or a Vande Mataram, goosebumps come....

I liked ur point about singers without music. On the Maahi Ve performance of Amey, he sang 2 lines for Sushmita Sen, Tum Aa Gaye Ho Noor Aa gaya hain, and without music and he was just MINDBLOWING ! It was better than his Maahi Ve that day.. When Nihira and Himani sang their farewell songs Rahen Na Rahen Hum and Ae Zindagi Gale Lagale without music, I was crying that why did they get voted out (When it came to top 5 of SRGMP, barring Debo I was really attached to the other 4 and was praying that either one should win. My opinion about Debo changed after he sang Ek Haseena Thi in the episode Hemu got voted out, Debo was great.. if Hemu hadn't given such a mind blwoing performance, Debu's wouldn't have been side tracked so much!).. and when Hemu sang Nahin Saamne again without music, it sounded just divine..

It was really good in SRGM when they had rounds without music which is a good measure of a singer..

Go to top