Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

why karunya's dilse was mind blowing

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sakshi1 Senior Member
sakshi1
sakshi1

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 3:23pm | IP Logged

True...  I loved this song, he really sang very, very ,.... nicely.
rosho Groupbie
rosho
rosho

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragya0

i loved his version of dilse so much tht i want him 2 sing dil se re again in a gala.

in the original song the high notes were sung by rahman who has a very gruffy and rustic voice and the low notes were sung by hariharan whose voice is very sweet and soft.

can u believe it pulled of both the high and low notes all by himself which was done by 2 singers.

moreover the harkats he added in the song espevially the final one was superb, his version of dilse was very diff and very creative.

if rahman heard him sing he wud be very happy, bcoz its a very tough song.

uttter crap.. you have no knowledge of who sings wat darling.., rahman rendered the entire dil se re song himself. in teh movie in his concerts whereever he goes. that's why hes known as the prodigal musician. A man who can compose dil se and sing it.. well wat more do u want me to say..
Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
rosho Groupbie
rosho
rosho

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:08pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by rosho

i loved his version of dilse so much tht i want him 2 sing dil se re again in a gala.

in the original song the high notes were sung by rahman who has a very gruffy and rustic voice and the low notes were sung by hariharan whose voice is very sweet and soft.

can u believe it pulled of both the high and low notes all by himself which was done by 2 singers.

moreover the harkats he added in the song espevially the final one was superb, his version of dilse was very diff and very creative.

if rahman heard him sing he wud be very happy, bcoz its a very tough song.

uttter crap.. you have no knowledge of who sings wat darling.., rahman rendered the entire dil se re song himself. in teh movie in his concerts whereever he goes. that's why hes known as the prodigal musician. A man who can compose dil se and sing it.. well wat more do u want me to say..

pls listen 2 the song and then confirm who has sung it 

I have heard the song over a zillion times, have the Cd with its credits. so please bother reading the credits on the album cover. Clearly states the obvious. sighh... comparing Karunya to Rahman .. sighh. besides you don even need to look at the credits.. listening to the song itself confrims that only rahman can sing it. such is his musical genius that he sounded so much like hariharan or for that matter kumar sanu. Not your fault darl.
Peace.

Edited by rosho - 28 March 2006 at 6:10pm
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
pragya0, rosho is right that only Rahman sung this song.. forget the voice, Rahman's passion is inimitable by ANY contemporary singer.. he is one of the few singers who can make a very simple song sound so soulful..

I know u didnt compare Rahman and Karu... which is good..else I would have bashed u even more..coz though I love Karu.. comarping him to Rahman is like really insultin to Rahman and I am sure Karu wouldnt liek to be compared as a equal with a singer like Rahman..

Karu's rendition of Dil Se was MUCH better than his Ramta Jogi..I wish he had picked this for the Galas than Ramta Jogi.. Ramta Jogi was fantastic..but for a Hemu fan like me, to hear Karu sing it was very hard to accept !!! Also Karu, like Hemu, shows that he knows his stuff when it comes to classical music..he modifies the songs a lot and adds a lot of his own harkats.

Just one small critical comment, Karu shuld work on his finishing..sometimes its abrupt... i never understood when people said that Nihira, Hemu, Himani and Vinit had suepr finishing..until I heard Hemu's Tanhayee.. Listen to it to understand what good finishing is...on II, I thought Amey's Suno Na has a good finishing...

But seriously, Karunya is MUCH above this competition now... he is a true winner..
rosho Groupbie
rosho
rosho

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhavir108

pragya0, rosho is right that only Rahman sung this song.. forget the voice, Rahman's passion is inimitable by ANY contemporary singer.. he is one of the few singers who can make a very simple song sound so soulful..

I know u didnt compare Rahman and Karu... which is good..else I would have bashed u even more..coz though I love Karu.. comarping him to Rahman is like really insultin to Rahman and I am sure Karu wouldnt liek to be compared as a equal with a singer like Rahman..

Karu's rendition of Dil Se was MUCH better than his Ramta Jogi..I wish he had picked this for the Galas than Ramta Jogi.. Ramta Jogi was fantastic..but for a Hemu fan like me, to hear Karu sing it was very hard to accept !!! Also Karu, like Hemu, shows that he knows his stuff when it comes to classical music..he modifies the songs a lot and adds a lot of his own harkats.

Just one small critical comment, Karu shuld work on his finishing..sometimes its abrupt... i never understood when people said that Nihira, Hemu, Himani and Vinit had suepr finishing..until I heard Hemu's Tanhayee.. Listen to it to understand what good finishing is...on II, I thought Amey's Suno Na has a good finishing...

But seriously, Karunya is MUCH above this competition now... he is a true winner..

Thank you madhavi, I do hope Karunya can sing songs other than that of Sukwinder Singh alone. He seems to excel only in those songs. Rest of them are pretty much average. Amey seemed to be the only one who chose a whole range of songs and got voted out. Karunya has sung sukhvinder's songs in 4 rounds so far dureing this season. Does not speak much about his versaility. I do know hes a brilliant singer, but you do need  to show the world that you cna pick any song and make it sound wonderful. he might have opted for a few different songs here and there, but mostly its been sukhvinder all the way...
pateh23 Senior Member
pateh23
pateh23

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
he sang it good bxuz hes karunya!

Go to top