Ankita Patel Senior Member
Ankita Patel
Ankita Patel

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Biography of Hiten Tejwani.
Biography Page
Hiten Tejwani
2.jpg hspace0

Hiten a commerce graduate from Jaihind College, Mumbai, has always been interested in acting. While in college he worked with the theatre group, Ankur. Moving from college plays to the ramp was easy for Hiten. Ad films followed and made him a familiar face. Among his more recent ad films are Savlon, Close-up and Breeze.

Ad films were fun but then it isnt a regular source of income, points out Hiten. I was always interested in acting, so when Balaji Telefilms advertised for new faces for their serials I sent in my photographs. I was one amongst hundreds of others who were auditioned and lucky to be selected, recalls Hiten. Thats how I got my first break in a small role in Ghar Ek Mandir.

Hiten has had good roles in the other serials that followed like Kabhi Sauten Kabhi Saheli and Kahin Kissi Roz.. But this is the first time that I play the main lead. What I am really happy about is the fact that I have a role with varying shades. I play a negative character in the beginning and then as the story progresses, go on to become a positive character.

It is this couple that hate each other, who watch the complete disintegration of their family, and then as the story goes on, they get together to reunite the family, explains Hiten.

Hiten is looking forward to his career as a television actor at least for a year before he can think of making a move to films. I would like to work in films but a little later. Presently I am enjoying my work in television. Hiten is also enjoying his recognition as a TV star.

People do recognise me specially after Kahin Kisi Roz. Some people even call me by the character I play ... Nakul. But there isnt much scope for people to see me really. For a morning shift I am out of the house by 7 a.m. and return way past midnight. On days when I am not shooting I try to catch up on my sleep or else go party with my friends.

Hiten is one of three brothers and lives with his parents in Borivili, a suburb of Mumbai. He has no sisters. And is quick to point out that he doesnt consider all women as his sisters though! On second thoughts he is willing to concede that except for one he doesnt mind the rest of women kind being his sisters. His brothers are talented dancers and are freelance dancers with part of Shiamak Davars troupe and also dance in choreographer Raju Khans team.

Some day Hiten would like to work in films made by Ram Gopal Varma and Shyam Benegal. Refreshingly, Hiten does not want to be a romantic hero in Hindi films. I would like to play good character roles no matter how small but if it is a good role I would be interested in doing it. I have nothing against the song and dance routine but character roles are what I enjoy. Not that I cant dance, I can shake a leg too, says Hiten.

10.jpg hspace0
stunning.jpg hspace0

Name: Hiten Tejwani

Favorite Actor: Shahrukh Khan, Amitab Bachchan, Dilip Kumar

Favorite Actress: Kajol, Hema Malini

Claim to fame: Kutumb, Thanks to Ekta, I am now called Pratham.

Currently doing: Karan in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and playing Pratham in the 11th series of KHKH.

Most hated rumors: My link up with Gauri Pradhan

gk_09 Global Moderator
gk_09
gk_09

BollyCurry Buzzer, Crazy Creatives

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Thanks For Sharing Smile

but hasnt this been posted before Ouch I'm not sure though Embarrassed
Virgo_Stars IF-Sizzlerz
Virgo_Stars
Virgo_Stars

--