sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
And that's a sweeping
shot:
Preity Zinta
There is a story about Miss Holier-Than-Thou Preity Zinta doing the rounds. Apparently when all other TV channels were garnering public support for the Jessica Lall case, a newly launched business channel came up with a novel idea to raise their TRPs.

They got Preity to come and talk about the Jessica Lall case — but had to shell out Rs 60,000 to the actress to do so! If that's true, then Pretiy, we'd like to do something more than that jhadoo you used to clean up the streets of Mumbai.

Rank prankster:
Sunil Shetty
It's all in fun

Sunil Shetty is not too happy about his harmless prank — the sneeze spray story, appearing on our pages yesterday. He called up the producer's office and gave them an earful. He also made his displeasure known to his co-stars on the sets of Money Money Money.

"I am well aware of my actions. I never cross my limit. There is no harm in having some fun on the sets. Everyone does it." We know, Sunil. Ajay Devgan, has been indulging in pranks on the sets forever. Aamir Khan is also notorious for the same.

The newest prankster in Bollywood is Abhishek Bachchan. And frankly, we think it's alright. We are all for having fun while working. We know, we do it.

Golden gal: Aishwarya Rai
Ash on AXN

Superstar bodies have had celeb-watchers drooling ever since they first hit the marquee. AXN will showcase a select few — 101 to be precise, on its special feature E! 101 SEXIEST CELEBRITY BODIES at midnight today.

Experts will talk on celebrities ranging from pop culture commentators, to the top doyennes of fashion and style; celebrity fitness trainers and co-stars. The stars rate the ultra-sexy worldwide — ultimately revealing THE sexiest male and female celebrity bodies in the world. Aishwarya is in the top 10. Watch it for the hot bods at 12 tonight.

Frowning glory:
Ajay Devgan
Ajay's angst

Ajay Devgan was seen in a grumpy mood while shooting for Omkara in Mahabaleshwar. When we quizzed him about it we found that it was daughter Nyssa's first day of appearing in a show at school.

But the thorough professional that he is, Devgan opted to shoot for Omkara (as dates had been coordinated with Kareena and Viveik) and forgo the school function.

But since the man adores his little baby daughter, that was the reason we saw him going around on the sets with a big frown on his face. It's best to avoid Ajay when he's in these growly moods.

Hum tum ek saath: Mithun and Mimoh. Pic: Sujeet Jaiswal
Papa-beta in Jimmy

Mithun and son Mimoh will be seen together on screen in Jimmy. The film will be directed by old Mithun loyalist Raj N Sippy. The film was launched earlier this week with a song recording by music composer Anand Raaj Anand.

Jimmy is a Mithun Chakraborty presentation. In the past, Raj Sippy directed Mithun (Boxer) and is now directing his son, Mimoh. Blame Amitabh and Abhishek for this papa-puttar jodis coming together on screen.

Let's shake on it: Bharati Raja, Nana Patekar, Poonam Dhillon
and Padmini Kolhapure.
Pic: Vijaykumar DJ

Cinema gets the clap

Mahurats are usually a glam affair, with cast and crew making sure it is a high profile event of sorts. This one, though, was pretty low-key.

The mahurat of director Bharati Raja's Cinema took place at the JW Marriott with Nana Patekar, Padmini Kolhapure, Poonam Dhillon, producer Boney Kapoor and Sridevi being present at the occasion. Wonder if this one's as fun-filled as No Entry. Let's see.

Don't wanna rush it: Shubha Verma
Shubha's back to work

After being out of the country for around three months, Shubha Verma is back to work. The actress recently lost her dad to cancer, and is still recovering from the grief, "It will take time for me to get back to normal. But I know I have to move on and carry on with life."

During her absence there was buzz that Shubha may be replaced from an upcoming Balaji show — Karbon Kopy.

However, now that she's back, Verma has secured her place. "Yes, I am doing Karbon Kopy. I had actually told them that they can find some one else if I am unable to make it." What about Kasautii ? "I don't know about my track yet. So I can't say anything." Recently Shubha appeared in a gossip-based show defending her boyfriend — Cezanne Khan.

The actress was miffed about Anju Mahendroo commenting on Khan's family. "That was very below the belt and uncalled for. She knows Cezanne since he was a baby. How could she have said that on camera?" What about news of her taking her relationship with Khan to the next level? "I don't want to rush into anything. Everything has its own time."

Raza's Bollywood

Q Which portfolio would Mallika Sherawat not accept if included in the cabinet?

A Ministry of Textile Industries.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
kool..thanks for sharing 😉