CID

Sachin's sports addiction

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Main hoon Khiladi:
Sachin Sharma
He's been away from the small screen for almost three months, but that hasn't kept Sachin Sharma away from his favourite passion — sports.

The actor, seen as Krishna in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Vansh in K Street Pali Hill, returns to television in Aroona Iraani's new drama on Sony.
What kept him busy all these months? "I travelled a lot, caught up with friends and went back on the field to play cricket."

Sharma, who is from Delhi, is a die-hard sports enthusiast since his college days. "Like everyone else, I too have a passion for cricket. In fact, I had also decided to take up the game professionally."

The actor used to go to the National Stadium for net practice. "I have played for a few local clubs in Delhi, like Uday Park and others. However, I injured my hand, due to which I couldn't continue with the game."

Slam, dunk, goal!

Sachin then moved to playing basketball. "Sweating it out on the court is something I love. I hear so much about television actors being busy all the time and complaining that they can't do anything else. I think you have to get some extra time out of your busy schedule if you want to do something different. Now, when I go to the sets after playing a good match, I feel inspired to work doubly hard."

Another sport the actor attempted, is netball. "I have played netball for Delhi. It's a sport very similar to basketball, the only difference is that you cannot dribble the ball. There is a ring similar to the basketball board, where you have score points." Why isn't the game as popular as its counterpart? "It's actually an Olympic sport, and very interesting as well."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
coool..thanks for sharing 😉