Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Seema Shetty gets high on art

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:59am | IP Logged

Arty stuff: Seema Shetty
Not many may be aware that telly actress Seema Shetty is married to the country's leading installation artist, Sudarshan Shetty. They tied the knot in May last year.

Seema is presently seen as Seebo in the daily Maahi Ve on Sab. She earlier featured as Durga in Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahan on Zee.

Learning time

"I was not at all clued into the world of paintings, sculpture and installation art. But after marriage, I have been attending art shows, openings and previews; so I have been learning a lot about art," says Seema who has done her Masters in classical dance.

"I have studied Bharat Natyam, even though at the moment, dance is taking a backseat due to my television assignments."

The couple met through common friends. "Soon we ended up marrying each other (they are both Shettys)." After the wedding, Seema took a break from acting. "I was setting up home and also did quite a bit of travelling, till Maahi Ve came my way."

Saat phere: Sudarshan and Seema Shetty
at their wedding
TV track

The actress, who made her acting debut with Woh on Zee, was also seen in Yeh Hai Mere Apne (Zee) and Lajja (Sony). "Both these shows were produced by Sanjay and Binaferr Kohli. When they were launching Maahi Ve, they got in touch with me to play Seebo."

Set against the backdrop of Punjab, Maahi Ve, which began airing in December, is a tale of two sisters.

"The track currently has Seebo's sister Preeto (Karishma Randeva) married. It is now Seebo's turn to marry Sarabjeet (Vikram Acharya) — the man Preeto loved," explains Seema.

So does hubby Sudarshan watch TV? "He is not all tuned into the television world!" she says.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

metallicaz

umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
kool..thanks for sharing Wink
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top