Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salaam Namaste, from Melbourne!

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Rock de dhamaal:
Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji

"It was unbelievable," says singer Sonu Nigam from Australia. Sonu can't stop exulting over the triumph of the Indian entourage at the Commonwealth games in Melbourne.

Rani Mukerji, who performed the Dhamaal number with Saif (written by Javed Akhtar and composed by Vishal-Shekhar) is equally upbeat.

"It was a wonderful experience to represent the country. The ambience of the huge stadium, with thousands cheering, was irresistible. At that moment, you couldn't be an Indian and not be proud of it. When our audio-visuals started, all of us from the Indian camp broke into loud applause and screamed, 'Go India, Go For It!'"

Saif was more cautious. "I had never peformed bhangra before. And I wondered if I could carry it off. Fortunately, it went off smoothly. The Dhamaal song rocked."

Adds Sonu, "Can you believe it, all of us from Bollywood — Aishwarya, Saif, Rani — had only 11 minutes in which to do our act? Out of this, only three minutes were given to Shreya Ghosal, Shiamak Davar, Sunidhi Chauhan and me, to do our song Dillli chalo. Gulzar saab's lyrics and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy's music made a huge impact. At that moment, on stage with the whole world watching, I felt so proud to be an Indian. It's a moment that won't come back easily."

Sonu gives the credit for the spectacular performance to organisers Wizcraft.

"Everything was so fabulously arranged. A lot of mehnat went into the preparation. I don't know if we can pull off the 2010 Commonwealth games in Delhi with the same level of professionalism. Australian  newspapers and TV channels rated our finale performance as the best. The taxi drivers here (in Melbourne) are saying the same. God has been so kind."

umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
kool..thanks for sharing Wink
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top