Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:42am | IP Logged
We know that Abdul Rahman had been held by Afghan authorities for conversion from Islam to Christianity. Now Afghanistan wants to punish this person as per their belief and their law for conversion. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice told CNN Sunday: "We've been very clear with the Afghan government that it has to understand the vital importance of religious freedom to democracy."

Now my question, does US have right to speak in between countries internal laws? If their law tells person to hang to death for conversion why would other country interfere? OR you think that conversion is not reason to hang someone to death and world must speak up and get involved and try to save the person.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abdul Rahman Conversion Case" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Good topic . I haven't heard of this case though . Well there are two things here i want to say .
Firstly that any law any where in the World that suppreses the basic human rights of a person , the other Countries should put pressure and get involved in such cases and try and change things within such systems . The sharia laws are very inhuman .We , as a world aren't insular any more and are aware of the happenings in other parts of the World.

This case is certainly the sort that needs World attention. This case where a man basic right to his belief is not just being infringed upon but its punishment is the worst punishment "death" !!

There was another case when U.S involved itself in few years ago , when a Nigerean woman who was raped and she got pregnant.As per the Sharia law this woman was to be stoned to death for bearing a child out of wedlock . Because of the involvement by the U.S , this woman got justice .

This recent issue with Canada , where Canada is clubbing baby seals to death for their fur . U.S is putting immense pressure on Canada to stop inhuman practises.

I am totally in support of such involvements that saves a person / peoples lives . I think We as a World need to speak a lot more for the underdog in other Countries.

Edited by Aparna_BD - 28 March 2006 at 8:02am

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:22am | IP Logged
The man is in jail and going through hell. It is his choice, he has in no way condemned Islam nor was the conversion an act of coercion. The issue should be dealt in a more humanitarian way. Afterall a man can make a conscientious choice to embrace any religion, afghanistan is on way to democracy and should allow a degree of freedom to its citizens to practice any religion though being an Islamic majority country. I hope the amnesty international takes up his case with vigour.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neil Diamond

You cant fight "fanatics" and "fanaticism" ...no matter what

You can't fight them you can only CRUSH them! Wink

MS.ATTITUDE

Goldie

MS.ATTITUDE

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Ive heard dis n I think k US is nt da world's chowkidar n US has no ryt to interfare in otha countries matters.
n dear Cnadyfloss Islam is nt hard in nyway sum xtremest projects Islam in a wrong way.

qazifan

Groupbie

qazifan

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
One's religious affiliation is should be a matter of personal choice. If i say I dont believe in any of the Gods who is to question me. The key word is 'believe'. I am not saying that they dont exist , just that I dont believe.

True, religion is the opium of masses LOL

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
I see no harm in preaching one's beliefs, it is upto the people how they welcome it. But luring or forcing others to follow what one follows is not I am for.

I am not aware of the facts, but I don't think this type activity should lead to "Death Sentence."

In 90's Dara Singh burnt alive a Christian family(Australian) in Orissa. Those were promoting the conversion of Hindus to Christians. However some people have taken up the job of conversion to Christianity as a bussiness, I despise such brutial act of killing.

Edited by Pradarshak - 31 March 2006 at 3:45pm

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Two things to say here, or rather, repeat what other have already said:

1. Religion is personal choice

2. US (or foreign) interference is expected. Recall the international outrage over the destruction of the Bamiyan Budha's in this same Afghanistan some years ago?

Incidentally, Mr Abdul Reham has now been released from jail.

Also would like to say that the man was arrested against a specific complaint filed by some if his relations.

I think there may be more than what meets the eye, or what has been reported in the press.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top