’Idol’ chat with the top three

Posted: 18 years ago

'Idol' chat with the top three

Rachna Kanwar

The maha muqabla on the second series of 'Indian Idol' has begun. Last week the 'Idol' contestants were touring some cities including, Delhi, Ahmedabad and Lucknow. We caught up with the super-busy top three contestants- Anuj, Sandeep and Karunya to find out what makes them tick.

Karunya

Pet name: Karu
Favourite song: 'Koi lauta de mere beete hue din' by Kishore Kumar. I find a lot of soul in it.
Inspiration: In my life I follow Gandhian principles. I have been very strict with myself as far as discipline is concerned. Gandhi ji is my idol.
Favourite city in India: I can't take one name. Delhi is very clean and has great food. Mumbai is like my home and my workplace. I like Lucknow for its people.
Food preference: I am a vegetarian.

First crush: A girl in the 10th standard when I was in fourth. Think her name was Priyanka
Girfriend: Don't have one
Favourite judge on 'Indian Idol': Though I like all of them, I take Sonu Nigam ji's comments very seriously.
Favourite female singer on 'Indian Idol': Minal Jain
Favourite Male singer on 'Indian Idol': Amey Date
Whom do you miss the most on the show: Minal Jain
The best compliment so far on 'Indian Idol': I got so many compliments. The way Sonu ji claps for me and the way he says 'Fantastic' after my performance is the best compliment for me.
Do you think you look like Abhishek: No
Your home city Hyderabad to you is: It's as spicy as Hyderabadi biryani.
If you have to vote somebody other than yourself, then it would be Anuj or Sandeep: Sandeep

At a recent performance in Delhi, as the three contestants jammed with 'Indian Ocean', a Delhi-based rock band, fans went berserk.

sandeep
Pet name: Chintu
Favourite song: Sonu Nigam's 'Aate Jaate jo milta hai'
Inspiration: My parents, they have encouraged me always and I have learnt so much from them to do something good in life.
Your favourite city in India: Shimla.
Food preference: I am a vegetarian
First crush: None till now
Girfriend: Don't have one yet.

The most beautiful woman to you is: Aishwarya Rai
Favourite judge on 'Indian Idol': All three but if I have to take one name then Sonu Nigam
Favourite female singer on 'Indian Idol': Yashashree Bhave
Whom do you miss the most on the show: Panna Gill, who was my room mate.
The best compliment so far on 'Indian Idol': Sonu Nigam told me that out of all the contestants in the finals, he thinks I have got the best voice.
The first thing you'll do if you win: I'll visit my home.
If you have to vote somebody other than yourself, then it would be Anuj or Karunya: Both are good and close to me.

anuj

Pet name: Anu
Favourite song: Kishore Kumar's Zindagi ke safar mein
Inspiration: My brother, Manoj who lives in UK
Favourite city in India: Shimla
Food preference: Non-vegetarian but at the moment I am a vegetarian. Otherwise I just can't do without non-veg food
First crush: In my college, (Govt. college Tehri) I had a crush on a girl.
Girfriend: She is my fiance now, Vanita. She is a software engineer and lives in Pune.
The most beautiful woman to you is: My mother. It's not just facial beauty that I am talking about but to me my mother is the most beautiful woman on earth.
Favourite judge on 'Indian Idol': Farah Khan, though Sonu ji and Anu ji have also helped me a lot.
Favourite female singer on 'Indian Idol': Antara Mitra
Whom do you miss the most on the show: Panna Gill who was also from north India. We were a group of four- Amey, Sandeep, Panna and me.
The best compliment so far on 'Indian Idol': When I auditioned, Anu Malik said my voice is as sweet as a Himachali apple.
The first thing you'll do if you win: There is a temple in the courtyard of my house and I have always told my mother that when I earn I will get a bigger temple made.
Your home state Himachal to you is: I am proud to be a Himachali. People come from all over the world to see places in Himachal. The land of Gods.
If you have to vote somebody other than yourself, then it would be Karunya or Sandeep: No comments.

http://people.indiatimes.com/quickies/msid-1466993.cms

Edited by pragya0 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

achhi_anil thumbnail
hey thank u pragya. very nice article 😳
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks once again pragya. 😊 .

Originally posted by: achhi_anil

hey thank u pragya. very nice article 😳

ur welcome

*Alishba* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
ThankSSs For Sharing Pragya

Originally posted by: alishba_fareed

ThankSSs For Sharing Pragya

ur welcome

sumesh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I was wondering Why Sandeep says he vote for Anuj over Karunya & why he thinks Yeshashree is good singer among gals😡

sonaahana thumbnail
thanks pragya...i love sandeeps...but hes a vegi!!! 😕
ramapkp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumesh

I was wondering Why Sandeep says he vote for Anuj over Karunya & why he thinks Yeshashree is good singer among gals😡

now u know how much music knowledge and sense he has....😉....might be he likes people he know are equal to him or inferior, who might not give him the tough challenge/competition...very smart 😡...