Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Vinit hosts Srgmp Middle East Challenge!!

joypaul Senior Member
joypaul
joypaul

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 5:40am | IP Logged

Saregamapa Middle East Challenge 2006

Wanted to know if this being aired in India as well since I have not come across any topics on this.  Welll they are showing it here in Dubai every Sunday at 8.00 pm (the first episode was aired last sunday (26 mar).

Guess who the host of the show is ----------- Vinit Singh!  He had come to Dubai with HR, Himani & Abhijeet Sawant for a show and they made him shoot as the host.  the shooting was over within a week for the entire series.

Anyways, the entire episode was a waste if time, vinit was below standard as a host, singers were mediocore and even the recording quality was not upto the mark.  Judge Kumar Shanu also looked boredDead

If anybody has watched this episode please give your comments

Edited by joypaul - 28 March 2006 at 6:32am

Quietude IF-Rockerz
Quietude
Quietude

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Whats this SRGMP middle east challenge???

ne ways joypaul your avatar is really cute Smile
joypaul Senior Member
joypaul
joypaul

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 5:53am | IP Logged
hi anushka, the avatar is my son - glad you find him cute.

middle east challenge consists of singers from UAE, Bahrain, Oman & Qatar

Judges are Kumar Sanu, Jatin, Himesh & Ismail Darbar. Vinit is the host!! Since nobody has heard of it i guess it is being aired only here and not in india.

anyways the first episode was nothing great and no loss for indian viewers except for vinit fans who would have loved to watch him host. (but personally while he is gooid at singing, he is not at all good as a host) I heard from people who went to watch the shooting live that the had to keep taking retakes of his dialogues
giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 5:56am | IP Logged
I caught a glimpse of it....and I am not gonna watch it again ! Ouch
joypaul Senior Member
joypaul
joypaul

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:01am | IP Logged
you are right giggles - i made the mistake of watching an entire episode since i had nothing better to do then. but no way i am gonna watch the remaining episodes

the reason i started this topic was since i wondered where vinit fans were - not boasting about vinit being the host Dead
luvmusic Goldie
luvmusic
luvmusic

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:08am | IP Logged
I had come across this....but didnt post it here earlier..

Dubai goes Wild over Sa Re Ga Ma Pa
by Subhash K Jha

Live Mumbai events at Dubai seem to be in vogue. Zee TV's finals of the Gulf version of Sa Re Ga Ma Challenge went off spectacularly well on 24 March with Siddharth and Mridula from Dubai being declared winners by judges Ismail Durbar and Jatin.

Speaking from Dubai, Sa Re Ga Ma producer Gajendra Singh said, "I can't claim in all honesty that the contestants were as exceptional as their counterparts in India. But some of them were remarkable in their own right. All of us thought Siddharth was fantastic although he couldn't speak Hindi. Just goes to show Hindi film songs are popular everywhere."

The surprise packet of the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa episodes recorded for the Gulf in Dubai was the diminutive Vinit who anchored the show for the whole season.

Says Singh, "Some of us thought he was too young to take on the responsibility. But the confidence that Vinit showed in anchoring Sa Re Ga Ma Pa at Dubai had us spellbound."

Adds Vinit, "I wasn't the least selfconscious doing it. I realized some of the contestants were older than. But what's my age or size got to do with my abilities? Though I enjoyed anchoring Sa Re Ga Ma Pa in Dubai I was thoroughly bored during off hours. I had nothing to do except watch tv in my room. And I missed my pal Himani. My happiest moment was when she arrived in Dubai for Himeshji's concert."

annu1611 IF-Dazzler
annu1611
annu1611

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Can someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee upload the episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joypaul Senior Member
joypaul
joypaul

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:20am | IP Logged

well, i managed to entice vinit fans with this topic finally. atleast one has come forward asking for a
video upload (sory, i do not have one)

on second thoughts, i should have named the topic as vinit as anchor in saregamapa middle east challenge. that would have surely attracted many.

Well, i have just gone ahead and renamed the  topic now.

Edited by joypaul - 28 March 2006 at 6:33am

Go to top