Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

SATYAJIT RAY : The true Indian legend (Page 4)

apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:10am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=soulsoup]

Next time you visit India (Kolkata?) - you can get all his works in DVD now - I got 15 of them during my last visit
[QUOTE]

Really, thats a great news.  Now you can get DVD's.  Last time I checked, I found some pirated VCD's, so did not buy.  Wow, I need to buy all of them.  Where did you buy it from?  Though NFDC or directly?

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by apparaohoare

Really, thats a great news.  Now you can get DVD's.  Last time I checked, I found some pirated VCD's, so did not buy.  Wow, I need to buy all of them.  Where did you buy it from?  Though NFDC or directly? 

I got the DVDs from a CD shop at Dakhinapan (Dhakuria) - now almost all Music CD shops (well little better ones) keep DVDs too

SHUBHAMSG IF-Dazzler
SHUBHAMSG
SHUBHAMSG

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soulsoup

I got the DVDs from a CD shop at Dakhinapan (Dhakuria) - now almost all Music CD shops (well little better ones) keep DVDs too

Do you think that  I will find the DVD's of SATYAJIT RAY at the CITY CENTER mall ????

Edited by SHUBHAMSG - 28 March 2006 at 10:20am
*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SHUBHAMSG

Do you think that  I will find the DVD's of SATYAJIT RAY at the CITY CENTER mall ????

Yes - we do get Satyajit Ray DVD's in all the leading music stores these days, so you should get them in City Center mall as well... I have quite a few DVDs in my personal collection... But, am not sure if all the movies are available in DVDs.. I have not seen 'Shatranj ke khiladi', 'Aranyer din ratri', 'Sadgati' for example...

As for the books, yes even I have all the books of his incl. Felu'da, Prof. Shanku, Short story collections, Piku-r diary etc.. These days one can get the complete works of Felu'da as a compilation in 2 volumes.. But somehow that will make you miss the wonderful colorful illustrations (by Ray) as the top cover of his individual novels.. But yes, one can buy those to get the entire collection at one go...

*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
BTW - sometime back, I had read somewhere that HMV has come out with a CD that has soundtracks and Ray's vocal tracks from his various movies.. Desperately looking for that... Does anyone have it/Can anyone let me know the name of this collection?
mudabid Goldie
mudabid
mudabid

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:00pm | IP Logged

Thanks for all the articles everyone   Clap

The more I read about this great man the more I realize how little I know. I am sure this quote must have been mentioned in one of the articles but I would like to repeat it. Fellow director and a master craftsman himself, Japanese Akira Kurosawa who knew Ray personally said: "To have not seen the films of Ray is to have lived in the world without ever having seen the moon and the sun."

Edited by mudabid - 28 March 2006 at 11:01pm
soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:03pm | IP Logged

I think so - or any Saregama Showroom.
soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jayc1234

Yes - we do get Satyajit Ray DVD's in all the leading music stores these days, so you should get them in City Center mall as well... I have quite a few DVDs in my personal collection... But, am not sure if all the movies are available in DVDs.. I have not seen 'Shatranj ke khiladi', 'Aranyer din ratri', 'Sadgati' for example...

As for the books, yes even I have all the books of his incl. Felu'da, Prof. Shanku, Short story collections, Piku-r diary etc.. These days one can get the complete works of Felu'da as a compilation in 2 volumes.. But somehow that will make you miss the wonderful colorful illustrations (by Ray) as the top cover of his individual novels.. But yes, one can buy those to get the entire collection at one go...

'Shatranj ke khiladi', 'Aranyer din ratri' - is there - I got it.

Go to top