Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

JESSICA is not using Purab (Page 3)

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vishakha

Originally posted by pj04

hmmm...agree with you qb except that i don't think she is very concerned about causing purab any distress. the reason can be that she is so deeply in love with armaan (now concentrated on the revenge plot)that she is blind to purab's love or the depth of it(who is tight lipped and accomodating to utmost limits)and takes it at its facevalue.even when they were engaged strangely she never realised that purab was hurt when she spent more time in gulmohar or talking about armaan. she never realises that walking out of the diwali party with armaan might have been a blow to purab or that when she was busy saving gulmohar after a fire, purab was busy drinking himself to oblivion waiting for her call by the phone(it
took her three days and a reminder from bindiya before she realised that she had not called purab)

while she thinks that purab jilted her becoz she was not beautiful and rich(as mentioned in the letter), she never thinks that she might have let purab down by her obsession with gm or armaan. she never felt that purab wanted something more than what she could give(namely her heart) even when purab is shown hinting it to her(his sad remark...i will always remain your friend never a lover or his asking...are you sure this marraige is a good idea etc.)

Agree with you. Still don't understand why Purab is pursuing her. He knows very well that Jassi still has feelings for Armaan and it will always be the case.
Why is is on false hopes that one day she will have an amnesia and she will be his forever.
He is becoming more and more obsessed about her.

there are many reasons why purab keeps pursing her.......

1)hope.....he keeps hoping that someday she will realise her foolishness in pursuing armaan(he is not as blind as jassi to armaan's manipulations and he does not know armaan has begin to feel the same way about jassi) and turn her attention towards him.also undying hope is an integral sideaffect of love. most people in love are optimistic to a crazy point.

2)guilt....while he had his reasons for walking away from jassi, the fact remains that he jilted her.also his jilting did not bring anything good to jassi's life(armaan's love) but left her heartbroken(both purab and armaan broke her heart or hurt her). for someone like purab(who is shown to be very ethical)..it must be a huge guilt. he probably thinks that he can correct his mistake by pursuing jassi, mending her heart and marrying her.

3)misinterpretation....jassi keeps telling purab that she wants to forget her past and start anew. purab interprets it as forget armaan, gm, betrayal etc and if she wants to forget armaan if would imply that she has moved(or is trying to move) on and eventually will welcome other guy's attention. purab wants to be first in the line when that happens. also her coming over to him for help and staying with him(including several friendly intimate moments) has mislead purab about her intentions(while she has mentioned that she is more concentrated in her career now ....her actions speak louder than words and can be misinterpreted by anyone)

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devil_drivers

PJ, Peaches, QB...Clap

I don't belong to this world..I don't believe in silence doing the talking..I don't believe in assumption..I believe in direct dealing!

If I were Jassi, when I would have found out about that letter from Raj, I would have gone to Armaan straight and told him what I thought of him..slapped him..atleast..and then I would have probably given him a long sermon..and then..I don't know what I would have done..allowed my heart or mind to rule would depend on the situation..and if I had chosen to do something like Jassi and escape from my problems by running away to Mauritius and then decide to become a model afterall and for this purpose, decide to take Purab's help, by accepting the modelling contract he offered (Mind you...if he offered me..I won't go begging him..!) then I would very clearly specify what he is dealing with.....the exchange would be mutual..If I become successful, his company would gain too and I would have also had my way.....I would know exactly what I am doing and see that we both know what we are doing and where we are going..No confusion..no hanky panky..pure business!

And I don't believe in people using others..no one can use you if you don't choose to..!

It all depends on you!

That's all I have to say..!

If only I were Jassi...!

good for you devil driver. i do agree that your way would be best. however unfortunately relationships are messy business and are not as clean cut as most of us would like. also it is human nature to complicate even simple issues(what can i say...everyone likes a little mystery and intrigue in thier lives)....so there are always misinterpretations(women are considered masters of saying one thing and meaning other), there are always misunderstandings and time and age almost always changes your perspectives.for example i have always been a romantic fool but with age i found other things more or almost as important as love( i almost sound like my mom now). some years back i was a very blunt person(said things like i found them) and judgemental. now i have learnt to make concessions for human idiosyncracies and am better at sugarcoating the bitter truth.

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devil_drivers

PJ, Peaches, QB...Clap

I don't belong to this world..I don't believe in silence doing the talking..I don't believe in assumption..I believe in direct dealing!

If I were Jassi, when I would have found out about that letter from Raj, I would have gone to Armaan straight and told him what I thought of him..slapped him..atleast..and then I would have probably given him a long sermon..and then..I don't know what I would have done..allowed my heart or mind to rule would depend on the situation..and if I had chosen to do something like Jassi and escape from my problems by running away to Mauritius and then decide to become a model afterall and for this purpose, decide to take Purab's help, by accepting the modelling contract he offered (Mind you...if he offered me..I won't go begging him..!) then I would very clearly specify what he is dealing with.....the exchange would be mutual..If I become successful, his company would gain too and I would have also had my way.....I would know exactly what I am doing and see that we both know what we are doing and where we are going..No confusion..no hanky panky..pure business!

And I don't believe in people using others..no one can use you if you don't choose to..!

It all depends on you!

That's all I have to say..!

If only I were Jassi...!

Devil, you sound like a person after my own heart! HugDamn, I'd do exactly the same. I don't believe in pussy-footing and plotting and planning either - with someone I love, it would have to be a direct confrontation or nothing. And about Purab - agree 100% with that too. I'd rather be honest to the point of seeming cold and cruel than gentle and tolerant and risk being branded manipulative, a user, and giving someone false hopes. If someone still wants to ahead and love me - well, good luck to themWink!
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 1:02pm | IP Logged

there are many reasons why purab keeps pursing her.......

1)hope.....he keeps hoping that someday she will realise her foolishness in pursuing armaan(he is not as blind as jassi to armaan's manipulations and he does not know armaan has begin to feel the same way about jassi) and turn her attention towards him.also undying hope is an integral sideaffect of love. most people in love are optimistic to a crazy point.

Hope - Oh well, anyone can hope, everyone should hope, I hope all the time that T&DS will not change the endingWink ... but shouldn't hope be built on SOMEthing!? What does Purab have to go on, in practical terms? His assessment of Jassi's past may be correct, but what hope has Jassi ever given him of a future together!?Confused I believe people should hope only when they have a reason to hope - even if it's the smallest reason. He KNOWS there are things she is not telling him, he KNOWS Armaan haunts her waking and sleeping moments, he KNOWS she has shown no interest in him whatsoever (she didn't even ask him what he's up been to all this while...), he KNOWS she is only there with him because she has nowhere else to go. The question is - WHY does he hope?!?!?OuchConfused

I think this is what is meant by 'hoping against hope'Wink ... or hoping for the sake of hoping.. or hoping that merely hoping will work miracles Tongue

2)guilt....while he had his reasons for walking away from jassi, the fact remains that he jilted her.also his jilting did not bring anything good to jassi's life(armaan's love) but left her heartbroken(both purab and armaan broke her heart or hurt her). for someone like purab(who is shown to be very ethical)..it must be a huge guilt. he probably thinks that he can correct his mistake by pursuing jassi, mending her heart and marrying her.

How is it that Purab realized his guilt only after fate brought Jassi back into his life!? If he really felt so guilty, wouldn't the right thing to do have been to land up at her place and beg forgiveness for his desertion?Confused How come he realized his guilt only now????

Seriously, if he thinks that marrying her now to make up for his abandonment will remedy the solution, I hope(Wink) he has another thought coming. Jassi has a mind of her own, and he should realize that if 'mending her heart' had been within his powers, he would have been able to do it by now. Forget about letting Purab anywhere close to mending her heart, she isn't even giving him an inch on the rebound. If you can pardon the generalization, plenty of females do look for solace in willing male arms when their egos and hearts have been badly bruised by a man. I think it's kudos to her sanskaars that she's brave enough to go it on her own.

3)misinterpretation....jassi keeps telling purab that she wants to forget her past and start anew. purab interprets it as forget armaan, gm, betrayal etc and if she wants to forget armaan if would imply that she has moved(or is trying to move) on and eventually will welcome other guy's attention. purab wants to be first in the line when that happens. also her coming over to him for help and staying with him(including several friendly intimate moments) has mislead purab about her intentions(while she has mentioned that she is more concentrated in her career now ....her actions speak louder than words and can be misinterpreted by anyone)

Jassi was, in all honesty, trying to act upon Nandini's wise words and forget all about Armaan and Gulmohur, so Purab did understand her right, she didn't lie to him. That was before she got frantic calls from Mumbai regarding the legal hassles and had to despatch Nandu to sort it out.. before she saw what they were doing to her parents on TV. How could she let go of something that just wouldn't let go of HER!? I agree, Purab doesn't realize that things have changed, and her one mission is to go back to Mumbai and show them what she's made of.. and Jassi can't confide in Purab now because she knows he won't stand by her plan - and all she really wants is support, not scoldingsTongue

About their friendly 'intimate'Tongue moments... I think they were getting a bit much, is that why Jassi shifted from Purab's home into a hotel roomWink??

Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

Brilliant QB as always!!!

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 3:20pm | IP Logged

Queen Bee and devil_drivers,

Your thoughts were great.  I totally agree.  It takes two to tango.  I have to believe that Purab is not stupid, I mean he runs a successful enterprise, I'm pretty sure he has brains.

For him to have chose Jessica as a model pruely on the basis of "love", as oppose to a professional reason then he lacks the qualities of running a successful business and deserves his downfall.

Personally speaking I would not have invested my time and money in to making Jessica a model, no doubt she is good, but it is so obvious that she has other things on her mind (her personal problem)

Knowing all this he's still siding with her.  Who's fault is that?  I feel bad for the sucker but come on now.

There is a term, fool me once, shame on you..... fool me twice, shame on me.

Purab should have learned his lesson by now.

Thanks. 

Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

Queen Bee and devil_drivers,

Your thoughts were great.  I totally agree.  It takes two to tango.  I have to believe that Purab is not stupid, I mean he runs a successful enterprise, I'm pretty sure he has brains.

For him to have chose Jessica as a model pruely on the basis of "love", as oppose to a professional reason then he lacks the qualities of running a successful business and deserves his downfall.

Personally speaking I would not have invested my time and money in to making Jessica a model, no doubt she is good, but it is so obvious that she has other things on her mind (her personal problem)

Knowing all this he's still siding with her.  Who's fault is that?  I feel bad for the sucker but come on now.

There is a term, fool me once, shame on you..... fool me twice, shame on me.

Purab should have learned his lesson by now.

Thanks. 

Wow! peaches you got a point...

Edited by Jassidevi - 02 April 2005 at 3:27pm

Go to top