Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

well thts one person's opinion...

i dunt see how all the "fans" come in here...

and PS: i wasnt the one who said it. 

Ever since TDP has been a hit the majority of the members here who have had issue are Kareena fans. so Im not sure how my generalisation is incorrect here. I appreciate there are exceptions here, but exceptions dont become examples.

Similarly when i say anything negative about Kareena I get labelled a Vidya fan. where is the moral high-ground when others get generealised? To be fair every set of fan in IF get generalised at some point of the other, just about every one. You sort of take it as a part of the package and move on. However I have noticed that its the Kareena fans who are most sensitive about this. . And its not like I have said anything derogatory here, have I?

Originally posted by: masakaliii

Billa look at what you're saying, that TDP was a hit purely because of skinshow. How then are woman loving this movie? How come all the girls in the forum are backing vidya up, and loving TDP?

It isn't a bias, several people who like vidya now didn't like her before. Its just that people see for once an actress shedding her clothes because the role requires it. An actress being uninhibited about her body because of the character she plays.

SURE of course TDP pulled in a lot of male audience because of the skinshow, but lets be honest here, why on earth are the girls loving this film? Its because it isn't just some brain-dead clothes stripping. Theres a point to it, it goes beyond just showing some cleavage. Vidya is breaking several bollywood norms by celebrating the life of a softcore po*n actress and in some ways, bringing double standards that exist in the industry out into the open.

I like kareena, she is a pretty good actress, but I don't think she's anything next to vidya.

And to the comments earlier on if Vidya could do a Golmaal - Yes, Vidya could very well do a comedy. Probably not a Golmaal type of comedy though - BUT I don't think that has anything to do with kareena having range.

I think it honestly comes down to the age thing - Vidya looks mature, she has a woman appeal, she wouldn't fit into a golmaal setting. The same goes for an actress like Tabu. Can someone like her do Golmaal? Hell no, it quite frankly would not look right, she would opt for a more witty and script driven comedy. Does that mean Tabu has less range than Kareena?

Not at all. kareena retains her youth and can pull off the silly spunky girl look - That doesn't equate to her having range, a lot of things are based on physical appeal.

WORD 👏
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Dont know about other kareena fans, but I've never taken Vidya as competition to Kareena.

Vidya's more a Tabu. In her own league.
And because I know she cant do what Kareena can do. So no, I"m sleeping quite well 😉

On the other hand, Priyanka and Katrina are more competition to Bebo and the kind who give Bebo sleepless nights. And Bebo's quite secure in her own position right now.

desigal90 thumbnail

I think it honestly comes down to the age thing - Vidya looks mature, she has a woman appeal, she wouldn't fit into a golmaal setting.

Have to disagree here. I think a really good actress eludes being typecast into a certain genre or mould, or a certain category or appeal.

Kareena's been quite good at this. At one point, no one thought hse could do anything beyond the bratty Poo type roles, but she broke outta it.
Today, I'm pretty confident that she can do all sorts of roles. Subtle or loud, mature or immature, young or old, bold or innocent.
She cannot possibly be all those things at once in her real life. But she can pull it off. She cant be physically old and young either, but seh does it. She pairs up with an Imran and Shahid, or an Aamir and Salman.

Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
I love these kind of threads, classic IF arguments and I am enjoying to the fullest.  Carry on please!  👍🏼
people claim they dont see any competition in Vidya,  yet they are here talking about how Vidya lacks Kareena's range. 😆 Doesnt make sense does it. If it doesnt matter to you, why even bother debating? It means it does, so stop faffing around.

Which proves my earlier point, Kareena is not  bothered about Vidya (which I totally agree), but her fans surely are.
desigal90 thumbnail
Hey Pragya, whats with the "people claim" bullshit?
You know who you're talking about. I know who you're talking about, the forum knows who you're talking about.
Who are you fooling here?

That's precisely what I meant by "people" not being direct with attacks but subtle digs, then getting offended when asked to chill.

And its MY opinion that Vidya is NOT competition to Kareena, and given in a thread that STATES that she is, hence I'm not being insecure. Its not like I'm going into 20 threads puting Vidya down. Read the topic. My opinion is VALID and ON TOPIC.

And since she doesnt ahve the RANGE that Kareena has, I dotn think Vidya's giving Kareena OR her fans any stress
Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
The main question is, why does Vidya even need to do dumb comedies like Golmaal to waste her talent?  I would rather her do sensible films rather than garbage!   She did commercial films like Munnabhai, Hey Baby, and Kismet Connection!  The movies were successful.  So, Vidya has moved into a new league.  She is to good for dumb movies like Golmaal!

😃
desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: goneforever

The main question is, why does Vidya even need to do dumb comedies like Golmaal to waste her talent?  I would rather her do sensible films rather than garbage!   She did commercial films like Munnabhai, Hey Baby, and Kismet Connection!  The movies were successful.  So, Vidya has moved into a new league.  She is to good for dumb movies like Golmaal!

😃

Kismat Konncection and Heyy Babyy were successful? She got criticizied in both 😆
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I disagree that Vidya doesn't have range...

she did Lage Raho Munnabhai ~_~ and she did well.
But yeah to be fair, Vidya has only truly been criticized when she tried out light-hearted masala stuff

I think it's fair to say that Vidya COULD give K and P sleepless nights in terms of intense cinema
Edited by liverach - 12 years ago