Absentee actress Subha Verma is back

r07c IF-Dazzler
r07c
r07c

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 2:19am | IP Logged

Subha Verma

Absentee actress Subha Verma is back

Reena Thapar Kapoor

It's a show that Balaji and Star One were excited about right from the time it was conceptualised. Breaking away from their saas-bahu format,  the makers of the show intended to have Karbon Kopy on air as soon as possible. They even signed on a young star cast to make the show seem fresh, and actress Subha Verma, popular as Tanisha in Kasauti Zindagi Kay, was slated to play the main protagonist. Everything was smooth-sailing until Subha hurriedly packed her bags and rushed home to  Australia. "My dad was unwell, and my family is my priority. I had to leave the country," the actress explained.

What was expected to be a short stopover turned out to be a four-month stay away, as Verma's father was unwell. Verma's prolonged absence threw the entire shooting schedule off-track, as a result of which the show was indefinitely delayed.

"I feel bad about the delay of Karbon Kopy. I was gone for almost four months because of which they couldn't shoot. Being the main lead and playing a double role in the show, they couldn't shoot without me," she says.

When stars are unavailable, producers are left with no choice but to replace them. Subha had barely shot for two episodes of Karbon Kopy, before she had to pack her bags. Replacing her wouldn't have been too much of a hassle.

Did she fear being replaced by another actress in her first big show? "I have to admit that everyone around was very sweet, especially Ekta Kapoor. She waited for me to come back. No other producer would've done that. I'm grateful to her," she says. 

And now with Verma's return, Karbon Kopy is back on track. "I've just resumed work. Hopefully I'll be back in Kasauti... as well."

Talking about Kasauti... what was the equation she shared with Shweta Tiwari after the latter lashed out against her boyfriend Cezanne Khan. "I've no desire to interact with people like Shweta," she says. "Neither do I want to stoop to the level of being nasty. Everyone knows the truth and I don't have to scream from the rooftops to defend myself or Cezanne."

Tinzin Groupbie
Tinzin
Tinzin

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 2:22am | IP Logged
is she i dont like her Big smile Tongue Tongue

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top