Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

This is a Mature Love Story for Mature Audience! (Page 9)

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Lovely post Shybabe.

If trends are to be believed, IPK seems to have been shaped after prototypical Harlequin/Regency/Mills and Boons novels. Every single of these genres have the following in common:-

1. A severely flawed anti-hero (either physical or mental scars), who is unable to express love, feels betrayed by the world and carries wounds of the past. However, under the tough, hard-as nails exterior lies the heart of a passionate lover just waiting to be release by the right force.

2. A naive, innocent, breathtakingly beautiful yet financially limited heroine who is out to save her family and her honor. She has an iron will to fight for a cause and will not hesitate to sacrifice anything to uphold her honor or family. She is at crossroads with the anti-hero and is either coerced into a relationship or falls helplessly in love with him when she finds out his sordid yet painful past.

3. The heroine sets out to unravel the guy, they fall hopelessly in love, mature cough cough cough and then comes misunderstandings of monumental proportion, followed by separation of the leads.

4. Finally, all the misunderstandings are cleared, the man claims back his lady love, all is forgiven and they all live happily ever after.

One thing is very clear from all this, none of this genre has room for Saas/Bahu nonsense. They definitely have lecherous villians and Shyam fits the bill.

But what is truly unique about IPK? Laxmi the goat and Prakash brothers!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JuhiR Goldie

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shybabe

Originally posted by trinaroy

Originally posted by shybabe

Originally posted by trinaroy

Hello Shybabe,

Thanks for your efforts to cheer us up!  But it is not working on me anymore.  How can we have an Arhilicious week when for the past 3 weeks we are putting up with these boring episodes of Anji-Shyam, La-Arnie and Payash?  None of these characters are either interesting, colorful or attractive (except our Arnie boy). Don't the CVs know we watch this show for Arnav-Khushi and not for these other side characters.  What is this idea of making us wait with baited breath through the weekend (I think my heart will burst now) and then giving us Anjali, Payal and Lavanya crap, and more and more of that?

Khushi has suffered enough and if they make Shyam the winner every week and drag this story, I bet TRPs will drop.  I cannot take it anymore.  The CVs should know that they are mentally torturing their viewers and it is true!  Feel so sad for Sanaya and Barun.  Despite being the leads, with so much talent and good looks, they got sidetracked because of the wayward storyline.  The story should revolve around them and NOT vice versa.

6 months is enough in the life of a TV serial for love to bloom.  If they wait anymore they may not have the chance to show it. It has happened many times in the past to many serials.

I know u r not going to like this when I say, but Shyan Jha is not going anywhere...for sure. but at the same time i truly believe that something wonderful is going to happen between ARHI..Wink

thanks for your hopeful words.  I will take solace from those words 'something wonderful will happen between Arhi' but WHEN? My God, more Shyam? He is a total failure as a villain.  they should get a more interesting villain.  Anyways, i will try NOT to think about Arhi and their future in the weekend.  I hope the CVs don't let this show get out of their grip by showing uninteresting side characters and showering sympathy on them. What mental tortureDead

I am glad...lets wait and watch what happens.Big smile

Much better episode today. Shyam's role should be cut down to a minimum now at least for the next couple of months. Looking forward to tomorrow and the next few days Smile
princezsafa Senior Member

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Yes yes I agree with you completely! I'm happy the way the CV's are taking it through! Thank God this show has sense...and the characters, relations and most importantly the story line is kept intact and valued.

Loved the part where you say:

So if we are all sad that, today there were no ARHI moments then we are all wrong...ARHI moments were there '...but it was portrayed in a very matured way...No comedy, No fights, No gazing at each other and No Rabba Ve was just a pure mature moment...with which we all have to get warmed upto...Embarrassed

It truly is a mature love story and we all love it even more because of that ! :)
anodaksgfan IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
loved ur post!!!

Go to top