Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: -Kruti.S-

@ pria and Megz : yes I do agree that since last few years, his fanbase in India have not been really happy with his recent movies and hence the business affects there whereas here in overseas people not only love him but also appreciate the fact that he is doing something which can match upto international standards and look very sleek...I guess people in India are still stuck in his Raj/Rahul days which I feel as an audience stupid...πŸ€”

How can you expect an actor to do same stuff for years and years...he is bound to experiment and that is where people in India didnt really accept him πŸ˜’
even Swades didnt do well at BO, like seriously...that film till date is the most emotional film of SRK...my cousin has never finished the movie till the end only coz he got so involved in the first half itself and also coz he knew that he wont be able to go back to India just like SRK's character Mohan did in the movie...I have watched the movies so many times only coz it inspires to me return back to my country someday...I love that movie than any of SRK's movie to be honest...DDLJ might be my fav movie but Swades and CDI tops any list of mine...
to be honest I dont really blame SRK, his only fault was that he did some movies for friends without bothering about the script much...and it didnt work out the way he expects it to be which is of course sad...I feel bad more because as an artist he is not being accepted in versatile roles that he is trying to portray and people want him to stereotype him in romantic/family kinda films...I dont understand why cant people accept changes, on one hand the indian audiences loved Delhi Belly and TDP, on the other hand if a superstar tries something diff. he is bashed left right and center, why so many double standards ...

yeah u know...everyone keeps saying: SRK does the same thing (romance) over and over again
but when he tries something new: i want to see SRK in romance again!
these ppl πŸ€ͺ

and look now, ppl are appreciating this film. check on all YT vids, all websites...everywhere. ppl say this is the best film from india. it touches the hearts of NRI's. opens the issues of india & reminds everyone their duties etc.
so why didnt they appreciate it in the cinema?
while it was in cinema: this film has no usual SRK romance, no item songs, no entertainment value etc.
πŸ€ͺ

i remember with Swades & Billu[that one was obvious cos SRK is only a guest appearance] the cinema hall was always somewhere like 1/3 full and some german fans, holland fans, french fans had traveled from their countries to watch it too.

i want him to keep doing movies that HE wants to do & movies that makes him happy & satisfied as an actor & as the person who has to be living with it for half a year πŸ˜›
he will get the appreciation from worldwide. india will follow
Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 12 years ago
ZumSrK. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
megz why he is going to paris..?
ZumSrK. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
megz iam going now sleepy..!
tc love yaπŸ€—
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
im not sure if its true Zummi... half the media says SRK & yrf are going to paris to shoot for the new film & the other half say they're are going to kashmir!! 
someone needs to make up their minds ASAP πŸ˜†

goodnight & take care Zum πŸ€—
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Megz : trust me these double standards pisses me off to no end...but more than my gussa what irks me more is this hurts SRK deep down very badly and it is very evident from the recent interviews ...
I know SRK does not care anymore and neither does he know of our existence but I still somehow want to pass on the message to him that there are still millions of people across the globe who loves him endlessly 
pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MeghaSRKLover

@Pria i always thought that india would want to improve everything..including cinema πŸ˜›

as Kruti said, the ones who no longer live in india and live abroad start appreciating him more for making international level films...cos SRK's movies match the standards of holywood movies anyday.

yeah, maybe there should be SRK movie premieres somewhere in india as well as worldwide. i wonder why the organisers dont arrange that? πŸ€”

thats the difference here...v always like to "play safe" ...the tried n tested formulas r accepted here..which is sad...

u have people who believe in word of mouth than actually seeing the film n commenting...which really affects the movie standing...

what needs to be understood is tat the concept of single screens are slowly dying n multiplexes r gaining momentum...the difference between the 2 is the pricing of tickets...which is huge for multiplexes...for a family of 4 going for a movie in a multiplex the tickets itself wud cost about Rs 1000, n on top of tat the popcorns n drinks served r at extra rates...so when people read reviews written by hatrers, audience falls trap for it n it affects in the viewing as they wud prefer to watch it on TV...

tats y i said tat SRK shud balance between the desi n videsi fans..coz even film critics openly say tat SRK is interested only in the overseas market..which v know is false...

pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Kruti.S-

@ pria and Megz : yes I do agree that since last few years, his fanbase in India have not been really happy with his recent movies and hence the business affects there whereas here in overseas people not only love him but also appreciate the fact that he is doing something which can match upto international standards and look very sleek...I guess people in India are still stuck in his Raj/Rahul days which I feel as an audience stupid...πŸ€”

How can you expect an actor to do same stuff for years and years...he is bound to experiment and that is where people in India didnt really accept him πŸ˜’
even Swades didnt do well at BO, like seriously...that film till date is the most emotional film of SRK...my cousin has never finished the movie till the end only coz he got so involved in the first half itself and also coz he knew that he wont be able to go back to India just like SRK's character Mohan did in the movie...I have watched the movies so many times only coz it inspires to me return back to my country someday...I love that movie than any of SRK's movie to be honest...DDLJ might be my fav movie but Swades and CDI tops any list of mine...
to be honest I dont really blame SRK, his only fault was that he did some movies for friends without bothering about the script much...and it didnt work out the way he expects it to be which is of course sad...I feel bad more because as an artist he is not being accepted in versatile roles that he is trying to portray and people want him to stereotype him in romantic/family kinda films...I dont understand why cant people accept changes, on one hand the indian audiences loved Delhi Belly and TDP, on the other hand if a superstar tries something diff. he is bashed left right and center, why so many double standards ...

Double standards...u hit the nail Kruti!!!
other Khans movies have double meaning jokes in them...but when SRK has one double meaning joke in Ra.One he is ripped apart...
another factor tat has affected SRK is his injury...he was almost out of action for over a year in 2009...tat was where the others tried to take advantage...but trust me it will just be another case of Akshay Kumar for the other KhansπŸ˜‰...
expectation is always high when it comes to SRK...as far as Delhi belly n TDP is concerned...remember someone had said, :Sex and SRK sell in India"...its true...SRK-even negative publicity for him garners eyeballs...

btw i'm optimistic for 2012...his YRF will be worth it...πŸ˜ƒ
-GoldMist- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ZumSrK

credit-aishhh.

The sigs are Gorgeous. Thnx a lot for sharing.
Aish again your sigs are just πŸ˜
AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Priya,kruti,megz
i dont think srk lost ne fan following in India ...
but salman gains some due 2 his charity work ...SRK ds charity work without ne show off ...and amir z far behind wen it comes 2 popularity ..HR n Akki r more popular than amir..
n about the movies SRK z experimenting from post RNBDJ time...wich has 2 b criticized by detractors...a rickshawwala  or a daily worker wud prefer watching bg/ready again n again ..that provides them entertainment.but they watch Ra1/don2 ONLY for srk..bt they wudnt like it 2 watch it again n again .. except  fans no other multiplex audience cares watching any movies repeatedly ...
Ra1 negativity due it's hype n -ve twiples..i remember, in BS ra1 review thread. everyone's review z pretty +ve but it changed in other threadπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

3i -not totally Amir's movie ..omi vaidya steals the show ..tight script plus gud direction.. entertaining.double meaning jokes ...released after engg exam ..esp . college students loved it ...
bt Amir z known for taking others credit πŸ˜†  

see DG/mangal pandey flopped badly ..even DCH
Edited by aiswaryaaa - 12 years ago
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Zummi those sigs are gorgeous! 😍 thanks for sharing πŸ€—

@Ash !!!! πŸ€— πŸ€—long time u havent been here πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
hi πŸ€—