A chocolate fudge cake with a double helping of...

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
A chocolate fudge cake with a double helping of ice cream..

What an absolutely wonderful episode it was!
I'm saying this cz despite the disconcerting beginning and middle, from the moment Khushi disentangled herself from her jiji and went in search of Arnav & La till the very last second of the closing it left such a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart that i couldn't even remember the beginning of it.

When khushi stood infront of that closed door which indicated a barrier between them that is separating them and yet through that barrier she speaks words from her heart "kitni ajeeb bath hai na jab hum apke peheli baar mili thi toh aap shadhi vivaah mein bhi bilkul bhi vishvas nahi karthi thi..aur aaj dekhiye.uhh..yeh aap keliye." and with an expectant smile she forwards her hand with the gift..that smile was coming from her heart..she might be hurting like hell, yet she isn't even pausing to examine what her own feelings r and genuinely tries to be happy for the two people she deeply cared for..

and then when Arnav opened his door, her smile faltered and he blurts 'what the...'.and then takes a pause and looks from her outstretched hand to her face and asks 'kya?' and then glances at her hand and asks with somewhat lined with incredulity 'tum mere liye gift layi hu' and she prattles away in her nervousness about not just u, for Lavanyaji too, it is BOTH of your engagement no..through this she says in a cryptic manner that yes i brought a gift for u too..

and what a distance have these two traveled together..cz 6 months back let alone giving him a gift, even for picking up his fallen chabi she was not of a suitable aukad as he puts it..he said it and she knew it..but the journey together have made them both aware of that it no longer mattered..she COULD give him a gift and not be spurned..and he too accepts it with some resignation, not because she brought him a gift, but cz of the somber occasion it was to him and La..

and she proceeds 'sirf apke sagai keliye nahi..balki is bath keliye bhi, jo insaan rishton mein kabhi vishwas nahi kartha tha, woh nahi apne bhai aur hamari jiji ko saath lekar ayi balki khud aaj ek rishte ke bandhan mein banne jarahe he' and he looks down no longer able to meet her eyes..knowing that he is going to break La's heart..and as for Khushi he doesn't know what to think at that moment..he was studying her trying to figure out how she will take it and contemplating of telling her or not..and khushi also noticed a definite change and was going to be worried when they were distracted and she was called away..
and she says she is happy for him and La and she is going..and for the first time in their acquaintance when she said she was going he slightly nodded consenting..
then she turns away and her happy smile slips away and after a moments hesitation she walks away while he looks on..and then he looks at the gift in his hand, the first thing 'she' ever got for him and back at her retreating back..but he was completely unreadable at that moment..i couldn't decipher what emotions he was feeling at that time..and that made me think that, that itself is probably what he was thinking..
it was very subtle..yet a very tastefully done scene..with so much depth that wasn't apparent..

then came the scene between the sisters..and for once Payal stops to pay attention to her little sister..protectively holding her hand in both her hands asks 'Khushi tum teek toh ho na?kahi shyaamji..' and her smile falters which Payal sees through the mirror..but she blabbers on random things and Payal realizes clearly that her sis doesn't want to talk about it at the moment.so she decides to drop the subject altogether...and they have a sister moment and then La comes in..

and Khushi is surprised to see La not in the attire she was so excited to purchase at the time..and La tries to distract Khushi and Khushi teases her, and we see for the first time La in khushi's place and Khushi in La's place..i'm telling about when Khushi was unhappy about her own engagement to snake she was fighting to keep a smile on her face and show everything is ok while La who was oblivious to it teased her on making her uncomfortable..today the two r standing in each others shoes...symbolizing the vaster picture where their roles have suddenly reversed..La going out of Arnav's life while Khushi entered..
and then an excited Khushi brings that small gift telling that it was a gift for her and says a line which made me retract and check it out again..Khushi's words were 'Yeh toh sirf ek tofa hai Khushi ki taraf se APKI KHUSHIKI din keliye'..she simply meant La's happy day..but in reality it is a day which will mean a lot more to khushi in future..

and La slowly opens the jewelery box and tenderly touches the necklace..khushi says 'ah sone ki nahi hai..' and La looks up with eyes with a sheen on tears in them and with a tender look in her face La initiates the hug between them while Payal looks on..

and then in turn for what khushi spoke La looks at her and says 'patha hai chamkili.. lekin isse kahi zyada gimthi hai..mein kahi bhi rahoon isse hamesha sambhal ke rakhungi'
this was a beautiful moment, that i think might signify the bond between the two of them...La will NEVER hold Khushi responsible for her failed relationship...arnav will never come between them..cz today from La's side, it was almost as if she said that 'she got one thing out of this failed relationship, a friend for life, for the first time in her otherwise frivolous life ...' the warmth b/w the two girls was heart touching..

and then Khushi once again goes after why she is not in her proper dress c z she for one knows how much the dress and this day meant for her friend...and kind of realizes that something is amiss..yet before she could act on it and interrogate La, Anjali once again calls breaking the moment..

and La hangs back asking Khushi & Payal to leave..and Khushi though adhered with a smile, after a few steps once again intuitively knows something is wrong..she stops for a moment looks back worriedly at La trying to gauge what was wrong..while La gives that sad half smile at her..Khushi smiles back at her and turns and her expression changes once again to one of worry..now sure something is indeed wrong..

and once the coast is clear, La lets the tears she had been holding until then fall..her face crumpling in her effort to stop herself from sobbing out..and then she feels arnav's hand on her shoulder..she wipes away the tears and turns around reassuring him that she is fine..he looks away unable to look on..shame, helplessness to stop her tears evident in his eyes..

today all these 3 characters interacted in such a way that, both girl's hearts were breaking La knowing that it was the last day together..Khushi thinking they were getting engaged..and Arnav was repenting, regretting everything he has put them through..
usually in TV shows 'Selfless' characters would invoke OTT unrealistic emotions in me..but today this sweet interaction between all 3 of them left me feeling with an overall happy & contented feeling..

and finally it ended, leaving me with the question "Ab mein is weekend ko kya karoon?"πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moon_mine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
so well u hv jotted it all down...more than the episode...ur writing brought tears to my eyes!!!!!
i jst loved it...n hope evry member of this forum who has grudges against arnav n the episode read this!!!! 
princessunara thumbnail
Originally posted by: moon_mine

so well u hv jotted it all down...more than the episode...ur writing brought tears to my eyes!!!!!

i jst loved it...n hope evry member of this forum who has grudges against arnav n the episode read this!!!! 

thank u very much..it really was such a warm, soft and hearty episode..

AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Lovely post dear, I found the episode okay-ish but after reading your post i would say it was Beautiful and different in a very unique way, IPK has presented lovelier moments b/w Khushi-La, Arnav-La n Arnav-Khushi before But today i suppose the moments had to be subtle to kill the angsty environment, as afterall the joy of Payash engagement had to shine too. Hence it was in subtle shades, with La's grief the most prominent among all, as for her it's farewell.

Arnav-Khushi scene, i liked it- we do need these small nice moments :) <3

I had been going through the posts in the forum, yours is one of those few, which brought a smile, a sense of warmth and positivity, Do post more often :)
IronyDied thumbnail
amazing post! i love positive posts and specailly when they are hopeful!!❀️ totally agree with your each and every word!  
anjaani07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thank u for making this post, i hope everyone reads it, i feel like going through all those threads questioning ASR's concern for La and posting this link in them so they can read it and see what the episode was really about!!

Thanks for bringing the positivity back, loved your writing too and agreed with everything u wrote. Here's a hug from meπŸ€—

Asma
Edited by anjaani07 - 12 years ago
CDlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
that was beautifully written. πŸ‘ love how you expressed their emotions so effectively. I don't undersatnd why the forum people are so down with Arnav not going gaga over kushi's dolled up look. he fell in love with her for her personality, her spunk, her never ending zest for life, her inner radiance; not her looks. It would have been highly unsuitable if Arnav started drooling over kushi when he is guiltridden with La's situation.
but both their subtle expressions spoke volumes. i dont understand why others didnt see it. love isn't always about going googly eyes at your loved one. their hearts were communicating with each other and both of them were silentely accepting their situation. A silent acceptance of hearts.
I was really happy Arnav DIDN'T go gaga over kushi the moment he looked at her. the respect I had for him was multiplied in hundred folds by that jesture.
the doubts I had about him being  only physically attarcted to her just vanished from me. he loves her from deep within his soul.
mahamluvsbs thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
loved yr pots sunar and plz send me this scene too of arshi
princessunara thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheWandmaker

Lovely post dear, I found the episode okay-ish but after reading your post i would say it was Beautiful and different in a very unique way, IPK has presented lovelier moments b/w Khushi-La, Arnav-La n Arnav-Khushi before But today i suppose the moments had to be subtle to kill the angsty environment, as afterall the joy of Payash engagement had to shine too. Hence it was in subtle shades, with La's grief the most prominent among all, as for her it's farewell.

Arnav-Khushi scene, i liked it- we do need these small nice moments :) <3

I had been going through the posts in the forum, yours is one of those few, which brought a smile, a sense of warmth and positivity, Do post more often :)

oh i just now checked the other threads after reading ur reply and then only i realized that how differently an episode can be interpreted!😲
and yes, it was subtlety at its best..this warmth was a very thing underlying layer that was impeccably carried from scene to scene.. 
n thank u very much for the appreciation 😳

AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: hirushinz

that was beautifully written. πŸ‘ love how you expressed their emotions so effectively. I don't undersatnd why the forum people are so down with Arnav not going gaga over kushi's dolled up look. he fell in love with her for her personality, her spunk, her never ending zest for life, her inner radiance; not her looks. It would have been highly unsuitable if Arnav started drooling over kushi when he is guiltridden with La's situation.

but both their subtle expressions spoke volumes. i dont understand why others didnt see it. love isn't always about going googly eyes at your loved one. their hearts were communicating with each other and both of them were silentely accepting their situation. A silent acceptance of hearts.
I was really happy Arnav DIDN'T go gaga over kushi the moment he looked at her. the respect I had for him was multiplied in hundred folds by that jesture.
the doubts I had about him being  only physically attarcted to her just vanished from me. he loves her from deep within his soul.

*SUPERLIKE!* πŸ˜³ I agree,and same here. Arnav gained a lot of respect by not going rabba ve, we do know he will have eyes on her throughout salam-e-ishq not because he feels that 'physical attraction' but because he admires her strength that's a guess, He knows and he has seen her tears when he had announced his engagement to La. I would like it to be this way rather than any romantic inclinations. *sigh* Monday seems far away..
Edited by TheWandmaker - 12 years ago