Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

It's a dog's day for Karisma

rawinder thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Karisma Tanna
In a drama of twists and turns, all's well that ends well.  Kyunki she couldn't take care of him, Kyunki's Indu (Karisma Tanna) parted with her cocker spaniel to Damini (Riva Bubber) but within few hours, compelled Damini to return him.

The cocker spaniel had been gifted to Tanna on her 24th birthday (December 20) by Preeti Simoes, her closest friend. Simoes, associate producer of a television show, felt that Tanna deserved a pup for two reasons.

Unconditional love

Simoes tells hitList, "I've known Karisma since a year. She tends to feel very lonely and keeps looking for trustworthy company. So I told her that I would gift her something that offers unconditional love.

Plus, Karisma used to be frightened of dogs. I wanted that fear to be eradicated. I bought a cocker spaniel from Aram Nagar (Versova) and decided to surprise her on her birthday. I gifted her the pup on the sets of Palkhi. I kept coordinating with Abhay Vakil (Tanna's co-actor in Palkhi) to know exactly where Karishma was when I entered the sets. I wanted to jump on her from behind and wish her."

Hardly had Simoes surprised her, the pup wet Tanna's sari. Says Simoes, "I was surprised that she did not make a fuss about it, but in fact, seemed to fall in love with the pup." After that, the duo (Simoes and Abhay Vakil) headed for Tanna's birthday bash at Tendulkar's.

No one to take care

Karisma Tanna, Shama Sikander, Preeti Simoes (who gifted the pup) and  Neeti Simoes
Thereafter, Tanna began taking the pup to shoots everyday. However, Cinevistaas (producers of Palkhi) did not like the idea and asked Tanna to keep Joey in the dressing room. Tanna felt she was neglecting Joey.

Also, Tanna's driver and maid were going for a long leave for the New Year, and she needed these people around for Joey. Tanna herself was headed for Goa to usher in the New Year.

"I gave her the puppy for happiness, but his presence started to give her stress. So we had a talk and I suggested she give him away to someone she knew would make a good, kind and caring owner," Simoes reveals.

Simoes got in touch with TV actors Chaitanya Chaudhary, Eijaz Khan and Shabbir Ahluwalia and they all suggested that Riva Bubber, a great animal lover, would be the right person to take charge of Joey.

Broke down

So on Tuesday, Bubber fetched the dog from Tanna's place. But Tanna broke down as soon as Bubber departed. Her mother intervened and phoned Bubber to return the dog. Bubber was upset but had no choice. Tanna's driver got Joey back well after midnight on Wednesday.

When contacted, Tanna admitted, "I had given Joey away to Riva. I realised I made a mistake. After Joey's departure, I thought my world would come to an end. I am very happy that Joey is back. In just a few days, I have become strongly attached to him. When Riva took him away, I thought my child had gone away from me. I never realised my feelings for Joey until Riva took him away."

Acording to sources, "Bubber is very upset with the whole thing." We contacted Bubber for her take. She said, "I feel bad that I had to give Joey back. He had got very attached to Benjy (her cocker spaniel) in the few hours he was at my place. But I guess Karisma neded this to happen to realise her love for her dog. I have a pet and understand what Karisma must have undergone."

sorry if been posted b4

because i dont know if it is

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

innocent_devil thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Thanks! but it has been posted before!
mehak.S thumbnail