naturalbeautie
naturalbeautie

Khana Khazana Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Barkha quits Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka
   By: Tushar Joshi
   December 26, 2005

Barkha Bisht with boyfriend Karan
Barkha Bisht (previously seen in Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi and Kavyanjali) has made up her mind about not doing Balaji's new show, Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka. "It wasn't an easy decision, she says, about leaving Nimmo.

The actress played the role of Nimmo's sister on the show. "I didn't want to keep doing character roles for a long time. I really want to concentrate on my career and am looking at lead roles."

Is Barkha working in Rajshri's next production? "It's too early to talk about this right now. Nothing has been confirmed," she says.

What prompted her to leave Balaji and seek work outside? "I owe a lot to Balaji, this is the place where I started and learnt. I have a lot of sentiments attached to this production house. But since I have made my decision I have to stick with it."

Wasn't she supposed to be a part of Kavyanjali? "Yes, I did that show for a bit, but I haven't shot with them for the last three months."

Motivating factor

Barkha says her desire to do a lead stems from the fact that she wants to prove her abilities to her dad.

"My father wasn't keen on me taking up acting. Even though I know I am doing this against his will, I want to do him proud by showing him good work."

The actress says there is a lot of potential in her that needs to be tapped. "I am a hard working person and love challenges. I am even looking at films; I will take up anything that excites me and gives me scope to prove myself."

Boyfriend supported her

When asked how boyfriend Karan Singh reacted to her leaving the show, she says, "Even though he supported my decision, I knew he wasn't too happy with it. Both of us met during the auditions of Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi, so it was an emotional moment for him as well."

naturalbeautie Goldie
naturalbeautie
naturalbeautie

Khana Khazana Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
For a change, Ekta Kapoor's new soap is not a saas-bahu drama. Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka has a more 'Jassi' feel to it. The central character -- played by newcomer Sanjeeda -- is a clumsy girl who is almost never favoured by Lady Luck and gets into trouble all the time.

A dance instructor, Sanjeeda hails from Ahmedabad. Describing her role, she says, "It is a Cinderella-like story about a middle-class girl called Nimmo Mathuria. She is satisfied with her life, has no high profile dreams and accepts life as it is. So, will her destiny change?"

Nimmo's mother Kantaben wants to be a Page 3 regular. Her sister Naina wants to be Miss India and marry a rich guy. Her other sister Swati is very practical and wants to marry someone who has his own news channel or enough money to open one. But Nimmo is closest to her father, Anand, a very humble man.

The rest of the cast includes Dara Singh, Dolly Thakore (who makes her TV debut), Bharati Achrekar, Navneet Nishan, Rakhi Tandon and Eijaz Khan. And yes, Navjot Singh Sidhu plays God in the serial!

Watch out for Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka on Star One between Monday and Thursday at 10.00 pm, starting March 20.

Text: Priyanka Jain

white rose IF-Sizzlerz
white rose
white rose

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
thanks hun..
but they have already been posted in the archive Smile
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
thanks