Anjali's character an insult

saavan_lover thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi everybody!
I am a silent reader of this forum and have been following the show since its beginning days. This is my first post in this forum, and I am making this post because I really feel frustrated about a particular thing. I feel like the character of Anjali is really an insult to Daljeet's acting skills, I mean like all Anjali is shown doing is either crying or doing some kind of pooja or fasting. I mean the character has no versatility whereas Daljeet as an actor is so brilliant and versatile. The creatives really need to get their act together and give the character of Anjali some different dimesion, something that would actually help Daljeet portray her talent.
Well that was my rant guys lol. Hope I didnt offend anyone because that was not my intention at all. 😊

So please do share your views guys!
Thanks
Ash

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

babli0204 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Completely agree with you. I hope Daljeet already started to wonder what she is actually doing here besides doing pujas and craying buckets?!?!!? She herself is a strong girl. Portraying such a wekaling character which is a "dhbba" in name of smart todays woman does not suit her at all.
Believe me when I say I am not a big fan of Anjali. But I think there is lot to be known as to why she is this way. The key to it is her past. The way it turned Arnav into ASR ,She has turned out this way. It doesn't help that she is Physically challenged too,due to which she is treated as a delicate baby. She'll come around ..Don't worry.
AGirlHasNoName thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I know...all she does is cry,her pooja, and fasts. As if doing that gonna fix everything.
i"ve seen some episodes of Kulvadhau, and i liked her character (at least the few episodes i did see). 
Anyways back to Anjali...at first it was like ok she's a nice, innocent wife but now "WOW..really?" ...Maybe if u wouldn't have spent all ur time crying, praying and fasting you would have known by now how disgusting and evil ur husband is.😒

Edited by Booteefool - 12 years ago
-Sanjana- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
honestly speaking, everytime I see anjali on the screen, I get frustrated now... cuz all she does is CRYYY damnit!!!! I mean wth?! She's going to bring a flood in India if she keeps this up for god sakes! I just skip her parts now.
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: somzz007

Believe me when I say I am not a big fan of Anjali. But I think there is lot to be known as to why she is this way. The key to it is her past. The way it turned Arnav into ASR ,She has turned out this way. It doesn't help that she is Physically challenged too,due to which she is treated as a delicate baby. She'll come around ..Don't worry.

Completely agree! She has gone through the tragic death of her parents, and possibly her first marriage was called off (not sure about that), plus she went through other problems when she and her little brother were left to fend for themselves.
Her physical handicap probably aggravates her hyper- sensitive and dependent on others nature.

She's probably afraid of losing her loved ones (which explains her clinginess to her husband) all over again.

But I do agree, as an actress Daljeet might feel that her character has become monotonous!
They need to add more dimensions to her character. 
On a different note, I loved the way she recognized Khushi's sadness on her face and was the only one who reached out to her and consoled her over her broken engagement.
Reminded me of the time she consoled Khushi on the day of Anjali's parents' shraadh puja...

One thing is there, Daljeet acts very well and I feel she has made this character believable by portraying it so wonderfully!

Originally posted by: sbk2

Completely agree! She has gone through the tragic death of her parents, and possibly her first marriage was called off (not sure about that), plus she went through other problems when she and her little brother were left to fend for themselves.
Her physical handicap probably aggravates her hyper- sensitive and dependent on others nature.

She's probably afraid of losing her loved ones (which explains her clinginess to her husband) all over again.

But I do agree, as an actress Daljeet might feel that her character has become monotonous!
They need to add more dimensions to her character. 
On a different note, I loved the way she recognized Khushi's sadness on her face and was the only one who reached out to her and consoled her over her broken engagement.
Reminded me of the time she consoled Khushi on the day of Anjali's parents' shraadh puja...

One thing is there, Daljeet acts very well and I feel she has made this character believable by portraying it so wonderfully!

Agree...N Daljeet herself made fun of the character..Hopefully the character will improve otherwise Daljeet might leave if this goes on for a year..Not satisfying for any actor..
saavan_lover thumbnail
Thanks for the replies guys! :) really appreciate it. Hopefully we ll get some answers as to why Anjali is the way she is! Creatives I hope you are listening!! Lol
Harpreet.M thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I would say the same, but unfortunately in the world, you'll see some indian woman are just like her!
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I TOTALLY agree with the TM! Anjali's charachter IS pretty pathetic!

She is made MORE pathetic by her devotion to "SNAKE"! Now he is doing some new drama with his life being in danger! I wonder if he will DARE TO SUGGEST that if he "marries again" the danger will be averted! He may even SUGGEST who the bride should be?DISGUSTING!

IF Anjali is seen to fall for this, then SHE is a REAL fool and deserves EVERYTHING she gets! There is NO WAY... Arnav would EVER allow that to happen to his sister OR to Khushi!

Just like Snake was "thrown" by PAYSH and it led to his exposure to the Gutpa's! THIS new antic and his knowledge of ARHI will lead to his exposure to the Raizada's! Pathetic freak!

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 12 years ago