Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Anjali's character an insult

saavan_lover Goldie
saavan_lover
saavan_lover

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Hi everybody!
I am a silent reader of this forum and have been following the show since its beginning days. This is my first post in this forum, and I am making this post because I really feel frustrated about a particular thing. I feel like the character of Anjali is really an insult to Daljeet's acting skills, I mean like all Anjali is shown doing is either crying or doing some kind of pooja or fasting. I mean the character has no versatility whereas Daljeet as an actor is so brilliant and versatile. The creatives really need to get their act together and give the character of Anjali some different dimesion, something that would actually help Daljeet portray her talent.
Well that was my rant guys lol. Hope I didnt offend anyone because that was not my intention at all. Smile

So please do share your views guys!
Thanks
Ash

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

dellydollyjaaneshinprassy.kaviCrazySaRunianWorkerBbabli0204HeadOverHeelsfareedevsumHarpreet.Mbhaktiiisbk2MrDarcyfanpinky_blueskies-Sanjana-..Amina..Infofandumas

babli0204 Senior Member
babli0204
babli0204

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Completely agree with you. I hope Daljeet already started to wonder what she is actually doing here besides doing pujas and craying buckets?!?!!? She herself is a strong girl. Portraying such a wekaling character which is a "dhbba" in name of smart todays woman does not suit her at all.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saavan_lover

Nope123 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Jordiniluvdarcysaavan_loversbk2MrDarcyfan

AGirlHasNoName IF-Dazzler
AGirlHasNoName
AGirlHasNoName

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
I know...all she does is cry,her pooja, and fasts. As if doing that gonna fix everything.D'oh
i"ve seen some episodes of Kulvadhau, and i liked her character (at least the few episodes i did see). 
Anyways back to Anjali...at first it was like ok she's a nice, innocent wife but now "WOW..really?" ...Maybe if u wouldn't have spent all ur time crying, praying and fasting you would have known by now how disgusting and evil ur husband is.Disapprove

Edited by Booteefool - 16 December 2011 at 1:49pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saavan_loverMrDarcyfan

-Sanjana- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sanjana-
-Sanjana-

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
honestly speaking, everytime I see anjali on the screen, I get frustrated now... cuz all she does is CRYYY damnit!!!! I mean wth?! She's going to bring a flood in India if she keeps this up for god sakes! I just skip her parts now.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dellydollysaavan_loverInfofanMrDarcyfanpinky_blueskies

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by somzz007

Believe me when I say I am not a big fan of Anjali. But I think there is lot to be known as to why she is this way. The key to it is her past. The way it turned Arnav into ASR ,She has turned out this way. It doesn't help that she is Physically challenged too,due to which she is treated as a delicate baby. She'll come around ..Don't worry.

Completely agree! She has gone through the tragic death of her parents, and possibly her first marriage was called off (not sure about that), plus she went through other problems when she and her little brother were left to fend for themselves.
Her physical handicap probably aggravates her hyper- sensitive and dependent on others nature.

She's probably afraid of losing her loved ones (which explains her clinginess to her husband) all over again.

But I do agree, as an actress Daljeet might feel that her character has become monotonous!
They need to add more dimensions to her character. 
On a different note, I loved the way she recognized Khushi's sadness on her face and was the only one who reached out to her and consoled her over her broken engagement.
Reminded me of the time she consoled Khushi on the day of Anjali's parents' shraadh puja...

One thing is there, Daljeet acts very well and I feel she has made this character believable by portraying it so wonderfully!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saavan_lover

Nope123 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saavan_loverpinky_blueskies

saavan_lover Goldie
saavan_lover
saavan_lover

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the replies guys! :) really appreciate it. Hopefully we ll get some answers as to why Anjali is the way she is! Creatives I hope you are listening!! Lol

Go to top