Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

# Devils Den# -A celebration by, of and for Devils (Page 129)

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
This picture and episode had driven me nuts and I was a certified Maaneet fanatic EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Kmandulamsnirvanica15Lily201-Khush-Samanalysesia221roseinbloom

nirvanica15 Goldie
nirvanica15
nirvanica15

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
There was a look of arraogance in Maan's face in that pic, the way he looked away from Geet as if he really didnt care...

And one a different note, I realy wonder how some one can trust the other person to lift and hold them up into the water... I would be soo scared...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Kmanduanjalireddyy84Lily201ishpreet-Khush-Samanalysesia221

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
My analysis of the second episode Big smile

Ok this episode was less action packed than yesterday but so much more emotional and really made a moving point about Geet's sad situation.

In the first scene I was even more moved about her trying to reason with Darjee yesterday when I saw her cry today. She never let him see how much he had hurt her both physically and her pride when he hit her. It shows that this girl has mettle and pride! She was accused for the result of an incident that was totally not her fault and outside her control, similar to what happens with Dev later on. This seems to be a foreshadowing of the whole story in the way she loses her dupatta and the punishment she receives from her family for no fault of her own.

And there is the question, was she sobbing because of getting hit, or was she sobbing because of the ladkewale coming and her normal life, which was unfortunately being hit by Darjee, being razed to the ground as a result?

My favourite scene of the day had to be Geet's conversation with her mother and the utter generation gap that was present here. Geet was speaking both with her voice and her eyes but her mother just saw past her desperation completely. I had a lump in my throat watching Geet cry desperately, trying to convince her mother that she didn't want to get married and leave them so soon. Knowing this is her initial attitude towards the marriage, it broke my heart to think of how much trust she later puts in Dev. But her mother just failed completely to understand Geet's pain and her wishes though she gave her affection.

Put your hands up if you wanted to slap Kamiya! LOL What an irritating child!

The men of the family begging forgiveness was also a poignant part of the scene. It shows why daughters are considered a weakness until they are married off because these people give so much power to the boy's family that a man like Darjee can be forced to bow his head in shame thanks to one small, innocent mistake by a girl of his family. It is this perception that having the "burden" of a girl child puts you in a position of weakness, that allows Dev and his family to trick Geet's family and I guess why it rings true to the real social issue.

One detail i loved was the silent communication between Mohinder and Ranno. They kept making eye contact and were clearly shown to be very well connected. Geet is their only child and they feel deeply for her and stay connected through this mutual pain.

Finally, when her mother was walking her away, i loved the mild expression of defiance on Geet's face. She looked as though she was saying, I don't care what punishment you give me, I will take it and she was dry-eyed. However, the moment Dev said that he would marry her she was shocked and dissolved into tears. It shows how much she really dreads the idea of getting married and having to go far away from her family so much so that she is willing to bear Darjee's punishment over it. At least Darjee's punishment will mean she is still a part of the family while marrying Dev, to her at this point is the ultimate punishment as it will separate her from her whole world.

Dev was used very effectively here, as he didn't say much but what he said changed the whole scene. It also showed how powerful a man's word is in this society as the men of Geet's family were immediately elated when he accepted Geet and it seemed to cancel out everything the women had said about her.

I couldn't like Dev today because although he accepted Geet and said she had everything he wanted, he did exactly what she didn't want and I couldn't help but feel deeply for her, being in this hopeless situation where her dreams are being compromised and everything she doesn't want is happening.

Amazing performance by DD! Clap

Lily201nirvanica15-richierich--Khush-sia221jyoti06shali

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

anjalireddyy84Lily201nirvanica15-Khush-Samanalysesia221roseinbloom

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
@Faria: Bombaat is Kannada (my native language) slang for something fantastic.

I think the best way to explain would be to say it is used the same way "mast" is used as an adjective in in Hindi. Does that make sense?

It can be used for food, girls, and anything that is mindBLASTINGLY SOOPAR! Cool

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ishpreetLily201nirvanica15-Khush-sia221

sia221 IF-Rockerz
sia221
sia221

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
It requires lot of strength.. to carry someone as it is...but in water u require double d strength..
It really amazes me.. with so much ease he carried her.. Hats off to GC.. man...

@ Samana: I read ur take  in the thread too.. loved it...

Edited by sia221 - 20 December 2011 at 12:22pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse

swan20 IF-Sizzlerz
swan20
swan20

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pennu

Embarrassed

ishhh Day Dreaming Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

i remember GC had once said that the water was too shallow and it was a very difficult shoot to do but the end product is so breathtaking...Day Dreaming Kudos to the entire team for such a brilliant sequence...Clap

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ishpreetanjalireddyy84Lily201nirvanica15-Khush-ISHQSalmanSeSamanalysesia221jyoti06roseinbloom

-Khush- IF-Dazzler
-Khush-
-Khush-

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
@ jyo...Day Dreaming...that pic needs to be awarded the "picture with most drools of 21st century"...Day Dreaming

Edited by CraziestGurtian - 20 December 2011 at 12:32pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15sia221Samanalysejyoti06

Go to top