My attempt at writing an OS/SS

Read at your own risk 😆 😆 😆

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/50777454

Runs away from patli gali before the tamatars and andes start flying. 😲 😆
Edited by liv2laugh - 12 years ago
Posted: 12 years ago
Analysis of Episode 3.

Another interesting episode!

First of all, I had commented yesterday that I didn't like that once Dev said he agreed everyone ignored the women who had basically said Geet was besharam etc etc. But today I really appreciated Darjee's character when he actually asked for Pammi's opinion on the matter before accepting Dev's decision. It shows that for him, age also matters along with gender and he does respect women as the elders of a family.

I am loving Mohinder (Geet's dad) more and more everyday! He is such a kind man and I loved how he absolutely did not bat an eyelid in asking Geet what her opinion on getting married was. It makes me think that if only she didn't live in the kind of family where girls don't really communicate with their fathers that much, she would have found a true confidante in him. He is somehow a deeply perceptive man and senses things because he is truly looking for his daughter's happiness and not just for her to get married by hook or by crook. He has his own dreams of how he wants to get her married. This shows that she has great value in his life and he doesn't just consider her a burden. He wants to take great pleasure in her marriage and her future and so wants her to get married from home. Her getting married somewhere else would deny him that one last celebration of his only child and he does not feel comfortable. I like that he is not as ready to compromise as Darjee and the women.

I also noticed that Brij and Dolly have a connection today. This shows that no matter how different their views on women, they are not treated as mere objects. They do have respect, but only and only if they live exactly as prescribed by the men. Dolly is the first person Brij looks at when Darjee contradicts him and he trusts her to take Geet and Dev. So although it may not be one of equals, you can't deny there is an established relationship there.

I loved the scene on the terrace with Geet and Dev!! It had so much substance and symbolism. Of course most literally I loved that Geet voiced her feelings that she did not want to go to Canada. She was unafraid to just come out with it. I really liked this as Dev was getting a bit cocky and flirty with her, assuming that she was just sharmaofying but she slapped him in the face with her denial a little bit. I think Dev was being very nice to boldly ask to speak to her and get her opinion as well as noticing she was anxious but I thought his tone was very confident, almost as though denying something to the point that she would confirm it?

I also loved Geet's admission because it really emphasises that she is not at fault for what happens to her later. She did not want to get married, go to Canada or leave her family but she was forced to and the result was then proclaimed her fault, highlighting the unfairness of it all!

As for the symbolism, the thorn in the foot happened the moment Geet took a step towards Dev. I guess it foreshadowed that moving towards him would be a bad thing. Also, I have read that the foot symbolises female sexuality. So this may also show the painful loss of her virginity, especially as Dev later touches her foot when she keeps pulling it away.

And Shivi if you are out there, it appears THIS was the first instance of your favourite BG score!😲

Speaking of music, I loved the title song when it played after Pammi put the kangan on Geet. It really made my heart break into a million pieces. Daler Mehndi's voice is just so heart wrenching here. I don't think I have ever heard him sing something not upbeat so this was a surprise for me.

Dolly is so funny! She actually makes me laugh with her broken English and her kabab mein bone! 😆 And Kamya I guess was basically giving away their plot by saying kaam ho gaya when NT smoothly corrected her. 😎

All in all the show stealer was Geet's brave declaration that she does not want to go to Canada. It's pretty clear that it doesn't work, but the gesture is really meaningful.
Posted: 12 years ago
Samana pls post the analysis in new den na ...I m closing this one and posting my analysis in new den and your thread in short time 😳

All plsss move to new den 😳

Edited by jyoti06 - 12 years ago