Users

Frequent Posters

Meetu_Anu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
@Lily

That never struck me

Navya was a bit copy of MJHT ..😲

Collage dropback and students expreminting love ...

well i have to say SP is a FOX here😡

They new though no TRP's these shows on Star one were major Youth loved shows and talked about shows...

be it reality shows like ZNKD, comedy, NB or copying the original concept of hit shows like MJHT and  Geet shows that STAR ONE did matter..
now if i see shows in LOK..i feel🤢

i wonder who their target audience is...because non of those shows look like TRP's gainers nor NET FAN GAINERS 
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@Arushi navya is a blend of family drama +College love where the girl belongs to a middle class family. By seeing that show nowadays I remember a Hit telugu movie I don't  know it's name cannot pronounce it ,It starts from B in which jenilia was the female lead. In that the heroine belongs to a middle class family who only believes in truth but the guy belongs to a rich class family who is ruled by his father. He gets everything in life effortless . but he likes the simplicity of the girl. When his parents come to know about their love,his parents decide to keep that girl in their house for few days to see whether that girl can adjust or not and finally she get pissed off with their over dignity and lack of love between them and she understands that if she marries that guy she has to compromise for everything in life.
Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@richa- yup you pretty much summarised the current track-but when the series started out-it was of a girl from a simple background with caring parents who although supported her education yet their tradition couldn't allow the girl to fulfil those dreams that meant outstepping her boundaries.

Her Dadi was once stingy at the liberty given to her for college qualification when they'd get her married.

While it captured her fun,frolick with her two buddies & a guy whom she ultimately falls in love with-who not only belongs to a rich family but an even more orthodox ones with the Daada ji aka "Baba" never in favour of love marriages.

Long story short the entire college sequence with Navya falling in love & having fun with frenz took a leaf or two from MJHT's Samrath-Gunjan story and thats what gave its initial "high" moments.

Now ofcourse they're trying to delay her marriage,and are oscillating b/w trying to show her balancing her family duties to gain money for her parents plus the oppressive family of her to-be-in laws plus a love triangle with her fiancee becoming insecure of her boss.

Its leading to a hosh-posh coz of that but I can't stand that-coz the leads aren't as scintillating to make tolerate the boring side characters😆

Edited by Lily201 - 12 years ago
hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hello all.  Good to see that the Den is still open.

Well, I was surfing the channels today and realised that I has just passed  "Life OK".  So, I headed back to that channel to see what was being telecast, only to realise that it was POGO.  I had mistaken the POGO logo for "Life OK"'s mascot. I am probably not the only one with such an experience. 

Rebranding indeed!  Star One was launched as a channel with programmes meant to draw in the younger adults. Is the newly-launched channel meant to drawn in children? The genre of shows lined up are probably right up the alley of children these days. And, the 20-minutes programming is probably a recognition of the short attention span of children these days.

PS: Hope to be back later.
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hegdemedha

Hello all.  Good to see that the Den is still open.

Well, I was surfing the channels today and realised that I has just passed  "Life OK".  So, I headed back to that channel to see what was being telecast, only to realise that it was POGO.  I had mistaken the POGO logo for "Life OK"'s mascot. I am probably not the only one with such an experience. 

Rebranding indeed!  Star One was launched as a channel with programmes meant to draw in the younger adults. Is the newly-launched channel meant to drawn in children? The genre of shows lined up are probably right up the alley of children these days. And, the 20-minutes programming is probably a recognition of the short attention span of children these days.

PS: Hope to be back later.

@Bold- Too good😆

Like you all of us were debating of the word "rebranding" attached to LOK-when its quite far from its literal definition😛

Plus its logo does fittingly resemble Pogo-that might put off others as thinking as channel for children
-richierich- thumbnail
@ Arushi that show is hit because they are experimenting wid blend of shows and  navya they are taking tracks from movies MJHT etc. Though there leads don't look gr8 like SO leads but SP has been sucessful in gathering new viewers. There is entertainment ,drama,glamour. But we have seen much more better youth shows in in SO, we feel those shows boring with  jewelery ladies and typical hindi slangs bcz they have merged too much family kichidi in that.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Richa: Wow! What a lovely discussion with the lawyer aunty. Thanks for sharing that. See I think that there was some pressure from somewhere to change the nature of the story to a family show, which is why the A'sar track happened and seemed like it would never end! And to be honest, I can't think of it coming from anywhere but the channel.

Haye. If they had kept the Dev thing going it would have been amazing! I would have loved to see Maaneet vs. Devtara. When Maan punched Dev, Dev should have said something like, if you gave me the money I would have never had to cheat Geet etc. All they had to do was take away the positive influence of Meera (she could have married Yash!) and he would have been manipulated by NT again. Then we could have had a court room track followed by 2 years imprisonment for Dev.

But I think there was some pressure, otherwise why would they also want to take such a step? And didn't Barry say that the part where Geet puts tika on Dev was never written? Who has the final say? The channel people. So I have a strong feeling the channel was demanding something else of the show after seeing its success. Classic case of a golden goose.

EDIT: Oh and to add to my argument. Arjun's character got turned into a saint pretty much the same time that Dev's character was. There was a clear shift in the tone of the show after Feb. and I feel like it had to be a big power that made that happen.
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
-richierich- thumbnail
@Sam exactly He accepts the truth that he has cheated her  and   for that he shd have blamed maan that he did not help him when he was in need and his life was in danger in canada. As they have shown in the next episode he calls police and handover him . Yup they shd have showed  meera in grey shade who cannot control her feelings for dev and tells him that she loved him since college days . and yash was in love with meera and when dev couldn't get divorce from NT. Meera  accepts yash's love thus IP track would have a good chance to stand with parallel track.
geetfangeet thumbnail
Good afternoon devils:-), my friend saw life ok's show and she said that life ok is so with out life,Edited by bru22 - 12 years ago
-richierich- thumbnail
 Hi, bru🤗I also saw a few shows,god damm shows for 20 mints. They are going to flop ya.I don't understand why they completely wiped off the image of Youth channel while other channels are starting it with youth oriented shows. There was nothing wrong with those SOshows but just needed some blend of family shows to reach different age groups. For that they need not change the logo and launch and axe running shows abruptly. They can very well do it keeping everything intact. But really sowbhagyavathi bhav at 10 is like learning class for disturbed husband psycos. The male lead is so  creepy. again how did the parents believe that a middle class girl got rich class guys rista...