•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

CHAPTER 1:

BLACK , all I could see was darkness. I was in a deep pit. I stretched my arms towards my front to feel anything solid , nothing , it was just thin air. I tried to look around , I could see a faint light coming from above . There was a ladder   , I carefully made my way towards it. I put my right foot  on the first step , and slowly started climbing. I was almost reaching the light when I heard a deafening crash. It took me a minute to realize that I wasn't  moving upwards I was falling down .The  ladder had collapsed. I shrieked and tried to grab something , as I hit the floor. How would I make my way out of this place! It was growing deeper and colder , I could feel it. Now I couldn't see the light very clearly , the opening  looked like a small crack from where I was.

There was no way to escape. I was stuck here  , in this cold dark pit , without any chance of survival. For some reason the place felt oddly very familiar , I had been here before , in fact several times. I knew what was going to happen next , and not to my surprise , the ceiling cracked and collapsed. I ducked my head but before I could feel the impact , my eyes fluttered open.

I sighed , this was nothing new the same dream AGAIN. The same dream has been haunting me since the past seven years.

I looked at my alarm clock. The time was 8:30 AM.

" Crap!" I jumped out of bed , I was twenty minutes late on the first day of college.

I hurriedly brushed my teeth took a quick shower , I swear this was the fastest shower I had ever taken. Somehow I managed to get ready within ten minutes.

I checked my reflection in the mirror , I looked decent , I was wearing black jeans paired with a red T-shirt. My jeans was the same color as my hair. My hair was jet black and wavy at the bottom , which reached upto my mid back. I had my lucky red wrist watch on. I quickly put a little mascara. It brought out my vibrant green eyes very well.

I sprinted off to my car. I had only seven minutes left. I reached my destination with just two minutes left in hand. I locked my Ferrari and ran like a maniac all the way to the main hall.

I didn't know my way around , but somehow managed to find the reception. I saw a plump woman with rosy cheeks and short hair behind the desk.

"Hello! How may I help you?" she asked

"Hi! My name is Kiara Spear , first year music" I replied

"Nice to meet you Ms.Spear , here is your schedule." She said handing me a small brown envelope.

"thank you" I said politely and opened the envelope.

There was a pocket map of the humongous place and my schedule.

My schedule : first class- improving skills , second class-  training , third class- understanding the essence of music , fourth class- communication , and the last and fifth class- strategy.

What kind of  a college was this?  I've never heard of such weird classes before.

I started walking to my class referring to the map.

Right then I slammed into something hard , or rather someone.

I looked up to see a guy with a really hard and built frame , standing there scowling at me.

" I'm so sorry I wasn't looking"- I was cut in mid sentence by the boy.

"How dare you push me" he hissed angrily glaring daggers at me.

"I cant understand how do you people get admission here" he said now calm. And with those last kind words he just walked away.

I was just standing there with my lower jaw almost touching the floor and eyes wide utterly shocked at what just happened. My mind just couldn't register how anyone could talk like that to a stranger.

"close your mouth pumpkin , you'll swallow a fly" I heard someone say beside me.

I closed my mouth and turned around to see a boy. He had blonde hair , brown eyes he was about my age. His hair was slightly spiked and his left eyebrow and ear pierced.

"Howdy! I'm Luke, Luke Watson."he said

"Hi…. I am Kiara" I said

"do you know why that guy who just walked by was so rude?"I asked

"dude! That's his style , he is Matthew Smith son of Johny Smith"

"what seriously ?!"I asked bewildered

John Smith was the most popular rock singer in the 80's.

"duh!!"

With that even Luke walked away. What's with 'the people just walking away' over here.must be a tradition .

I walked to my first class , more careful this time.

I entered the class , and saw Luke in my class. He waved at me beaming and patted the seat next to him. I didn't know anyone else so I just went there and sat beside him.

"hey you're in my class"he chirped

"seriously?! I didn't realize." I said rolling my eyes.

"that's why I told you"he said in a 'duh' voice.

"I was using sarcasm" I said chuckling quietly.

"ohh…"he said sheepishly , scratching the back of his head.

Just then a man walked in.he had deep chocolate brown hair and light hazel eyes with a tinge of black. He had a huge grin on his face . judging by his slightly wrinkled face he was our professor.

"good morning rockstars!" he said in an extremely cheery yet calm voice.

" I am Sylvestor Browne , you can  call me sylvestor no sir , no Mr.Browne…. it makes me feel old"he said

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. Sylvestor took out a clipboard from his desk and a pen.

"so lets start with introduction today and since this is supposed to be an improving skills class I would also like to see or in our case listen to your talent" he said politely.

" Henry Jabber" he called

A tall skinny boy came in front with nerd glasses. You could just sense the geek vibes through his body language and appearance.

"H-hi I am Henry , I am nineteen and I-I-I play the guitar." He stuttered

"calm down buddy , no need to be nervous just do your thing." Sylvestor said along with a reassuring smile and nod.

"after college I would like to be a composer" Henry said a little more confidently.

"so have you composed anything yet? If you have please share it with the class!" Sylvestor said.

"yea…. I have composed a few tunes  but I haven't got lyrics with it." he said visibly very nervous.

"that's not a problem we would all be very glad to listen to your piece of composition" he said smiling hugely.

I could hear murmurs of discouraging words from a few people who were judging him by his looks.

He  took his guitar out of its case. It was a shocking red guitar. It was sleek textured , you know the metallic kind of finish. There were a few scribblings on the backside. It had black strings.

The room was dead silent everyone was listening eagerly. He started playing the tune. The moment the music reached my ears I was mesmerized. It was very soothing , it seemed like all the stress in my body had been released and I was relaxed , no tensions no pressures. It wasn't just a tune it worked like a medicine , healing all my wounds. It took me into a trance. I looked at the boy playing the guitar effortlessly , his fingers were sliding like butter through the strings. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the music. But to my my dismay it ened to early.

As soon as the tune finished a loud roar of applause erupted through the class , most of them were cheering and whooping.

Henry was stunned he was gaping at us with his mouth hanging open. Then  all of a sudden his expression changed and he looked really funny. His expression was like he was expecting us to throw tomatoes at him at any moment.

"that was awesome bud!" Sylvestor chirped and patted him on the back.

"thank you" he said with a huge grin on his face.

" okay so next person on list is- Kiara Spear" he called out.

I got up and went up to the front. I was very nervous , my palms were sweating . there were thousands of thoughts running through my mind at the same time.

What if they don't like me? What if I do something wrong? What if I embarrass myself? There were so many what if's.

" hi I am Kiara , I sing and play the flute , guitar and keyboard." I said nervously.

" I am nineteen , my favorite color is black and after college I would like to be a part of a band or become a singer."

"we would like to hear you sing , any song that you feel like singing." Sylvestor said sweetly.

" okay… I  had written this song  a while ago I would like to sing that song."

I particularly chose this song so I  could feel what I sing , and I am sure  this song would be perfect.

I cleared my throat and thought about the main reason I had written the song. Painful memories came flashing back in my mind. Btu this was my strength , the emotion behind the lyrics , the tune and my singing. I willed myself to be strong and  not break down in front of everyone. I started singing.

VERSE 1

I NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D DO SO

HOW COULD YOU STOOP SO LOW

ALL THOSE NICE MOMENTS AND MEMORIES

NOW THEY REMAIN JUST MYSTERIES

CHORUS

I SAY , I DON'T CARE

I PRETEND IT DOESN'T HURT

IT SEEMS I'VE LONG FORGOTTEN

NOOO…..YOU'VE GOT IT WRONG

SOMEWHERE DEEP DOWN

IT DOES HURTTT..I DO CRY…..I CRY.

VERSE 2

SOMETIMES I WISH , YOU WERE THERE

LIKE WE WERE BEFORE

I COULDTELL YOU ANYTHING

I COULD JUST BE MYSELF

NO PRESSURES , NO FORMALITIES

ONLY FRIENDSHIP

CHORUS ( REPEAT)

I sang the chorus again and decided to end it there. I couldn't go on if I finished the second half then I would break down. I opened my eyes to see all the people staring at me.

I knew it! They didn't like it , I had just made a fool out of myself.

I heard clapping sounds , I couldn't believe it they were clapping for me. It was growing louder and louder.

I was grinning from ear to ear. New hope bubbled inside me. Maybe I could start from scratch , maybe I could make it there , my goal and maybe make some new friends in the long run.

so should i continue??