marriage, trps,TAM and more... (Page 4)

Shahu Goldie
Shahu
Shahu

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 8:22am | IP Logged
WOW.
What a post!
Educational, enlightening and highly entertaining! THANKS, dear! :D :D

I've never felt the need to check how a show is doing in the charts, but for some reason, it makes me SO happy to see IPK doing so well. :D

Agree with everything you're mentioned. Especially about SaRun's superb acting and awesome chemistry.

BUT I was sorely disappointed with tonight's episode. Khushi was there infront of his eyes, all decked out, and ASR DID NOT STARE AT HER?!!!!!!!! What The!!! There was no major eye lock, there was no BG music!! What the Fraaack! What the hell happened to the chemistry? What the hell happened to the gust of wind? Damn.

I honestly asked these questions from my TV screen when that scene was played out!! I understand ASR was upset for La, he's proving to be very compassionate it seems, TOO compassionate, in fact, that he forgot to STARE at Khushi!!!!

Damn the CV's!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

stardust--Kruti.S-SillyPepper

SillyPepper IF-Sizzlerz
SillyPepper
SillyPepper

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DaShIng_GiRl

ahhh BBEEE.. you get the point you do! i in here had to include to state the facts and because fari had mentioned those shows to talk on married leads. i had to do that to say how they are different..

factually though, there IS no comparision. its with BV, HD and KTLK.. which way IPK has beat all of em..

and anyway, SNS, IPK, EHM, DABH are top 4 shows now overall.. so what more do they want? more SP shows in top 10?!?!

SP v/s SP = arnav v/s ASR.. so i am in the not interested list LOL

Ha Ha teri meri meri teri prem kahaani hai mushqil...

Actually I edited n added a soap bubble...which i reiterate...I mean in channel POV
Wil SP make comparisons like dat?! I remember Dor(I don remember its name, 8.30 p.m show)...it was axed due 2 low trps...Was it due 2 competition from KBC?!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

stardust-

stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

anyway as u said IPK is purely and simply a love story..it has got no points to prove, no messages to deliver, no ulterior motives or any such..it is plain n simple about the journey of two different individuals as different as fire & ice will come together and create a volatile reaction and slowly adapting to each other..it is 100% about the culmination of this journey..
it is about the age old concept of love..that there r no boundaries, there r no rules nor anything when it comes to love & war..cz this is a story of both of them...

show created more fans of Barun cz most of us fell in lust(case in pont!LOL) with this sexy hunk!.so we sure have the best of both worlds..

hey there! that was such a thoughtful response!

a very good point about top 10 having two same slots! which is a rarity cuz you don't expect the same set of viewers to watch two shows airing at the same time! tv viewing has improved then.. LOL

this first para i love.. and the two case in points.. LOL tell you frankly, i watched MJHT (watched? who am i kidding? i worshipped it LOL).. my first indian tv show.. but adored mayur a tad more than sajan..it is in IPK that i fell in love with sanaya's khushi than gunjan though the latter is harder to play for sanaya, given her original nature... ahem ahem.. half of the episodes i rewatch to get a glimpse of that sexy hunk! maybe love, lust are understatements.. i beyond that barun!LOL.. truth.. character ASR itself is such..the MnB you mentioned ;)

Edited by DaShIng_GiRl - 16 December 2011 at 8:40am

-Kruti.S-

stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged
@ anjaani07
hai na? they CAN explore more possiblities for 6 months.. now that they have a strong enuff fanbase.. and maybe this will prove that trps and track CAN co-exist.. ;)

@krish, gautami.. pleasure Big smile

@aini.. girl, tu aur mein toh will be super positive LOL.. single and ready to mingle.. jao jao maingle fast!

@aini, jonaki.. ermm lemme try again LOL
incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 9:02am | IP Logged
I edited my reply in page 1..please have a look. 

stardust-

stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
@engliss partner.. dontcha worry, by all means and ends that has been put off only for one purpose.. the big bad song.. they want THE dhamaka there Wink.. the stares, glares, hawa et all..

@fari.. OMG.. will take time :P

incandescent

sanjanashaika Senior Member
sanjanashaika
sanjanashaika

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DaShIng_GiRl

first off, this is the ONLY show i know of which is EQUALLY popular both online and off it.. the advantage with IPK is that. its a love story.. you can do a lot of things to it and noone will question its diversion from tracks (except of course we at the forum here LOL).. but you can't say the same about a tale of two sisters or a story of a married woman wanting to pursue her dreams is supported by her husband or a different love story about a 40+ and 30+ falling in love after a marriage... (this is kekta though so no surprises if the show takes a leap and the female lead is shown fighting for justice in some unknown land..)

you never know WHEN those two minutes arrive..(did i just say best? okay worst..)

so agreed LOL

thank you for this post! Embarrassed
stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
fari, you've made SO many valid points, my head is buzzing with thoughts on all of them.. in case i miss out some, will get back..

the SO issue.. i DID have a nostalgic moment there when they aired that promo of aakhri salaam.. not many know, my first love was SO, MJHT.. and followed by many more..i was hooked to it! loved that show! first ever indian tv drama.. but SO shutting down due to lack of trps is debatable.. you know why?
> majority of its core are just female viewers.. its a kind of drama that can attract only ppl like you and me! the old world kind of charm?
> no, its not the youth.. roadies aired on mtv, its a youth channel and youth show..yet roadies raked in good moolah with the numbers! why? its the way today's youth are.. raw, attention-seeking.. that connects!
> its not even about the reach.. neither do mtv or V or even colors have that.. i have seen they don't exist ina few rural areas here in india..
for reasons i do not know! why did it have to shut down? wasn't the channel for youth? wasn't it expected to have only those trps? i remember being the silent reader on mjht forum and the highest trp was 1.4,, which acc to me is pretty good for that kind of a viewership.. thats such a sad story!! we've lost a generation of admirers..

then the trp calculation being unfair.. i 100% agree.. this IS the bad world.. no NRI considerations, no online considerations, and probably the homes being counted include just metro cities in india too..and the we being BIGGER fans than the trp contributers.. the makers will never get to know about her addiction cuz they are concerned about a trp contributer who couldn't care less.. if not for I F..

the 8-10 months shutting down, will channelise and get back LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kruti.S-incandescent

Go to top