Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: DaShIng_GiRl

googli ki bachchi πŸ€£

ghor kalyug! neki karo aur aisa naam! *wrists on forehead, like 1940's ki heroine with sitar BGM*🀣  🀣
danicaa thumbnail
great topic! thank you.. but i am worried because if no trps the show will shut down fast and am addicted to it so thats why i want nice trps for our show.. πŸ˜­
stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: tanthya

Bhama,

Take A Bow ! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Even a numbskull like me  who never cares about TVR, TAM n what nots  felt educated with ur lucid explanation ...

haven't read fari's yet  ** Don't beat me, Fari * Now will go n read what she has said..

As for Marriage..I much, much prefer  ARHI to  grow into relationship and then marry rather than marry in haste, repent in leisure concept ...

With PAYASH securely installed in RM, thereby paving the way for constant  interaction  between the leads ..I feel the marriage can take place at a later stage..

Lovely post, Sindhu 😊

sathu.. please πŸ˜†   you did get it? that was the point! half the time people are crying over dropping trps and what to do to improve them? the point is WE can do NOTHING.. just keep wishing that the tracks are good and hook people well..

and ofc, its not even the trps.. they are intact.. just the TAM have fallen and there is a hue about it..

i do too sathu and i know you do too..i don't know when i want them to get married, but whenever it is should not be for the sake of trps but beacuse thats the way the story should be..

πŸ˜ƒ

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail

this is in response to fari's (incandescent) topic on married leads = trps?? started typing out my views there and ended here πŸ˜†, thought it was the whole forum at question..

firstly, there is this HUGE confusion with forum members regarding trps, TVR, TAM.. all of them are NOT the same.. i realised someone posts a TVR chart and its mistaken as a trp one..for the record, its the trps that talk business and not TVR or TAM.. the latter two are just other sources of computing the reach of the shows.. either way, i don't get why WE are so worried about a minute fall in trps.. lets leave this part to SP team and enjoy our magical moments while they last, shall we? πŸ˜†

TRP Television Rating Points
general ratings of tv show.. they are averaged out for a week, so it does not matter if one day of the week is good or bad.. the WHOLE week is taken into account.. released on a wednesday to wednesday basis..

TVR Television Viewer Ratings
based on the reach of a television programme and the time spent in watching it..the share of total targeted viewers who are tuned in at the defined time slot and hence is expressed in percentage..
for instance, if the maximum people watching SNS in its time slot (from 7.00-7.30) are at 7.12.. then 7.12 is counted as the TVR moment.. and if the maximum viewers were say, 12, then its percentage is max (say a 7.08%) and the rest are calculated in relation with it...
Didn't get this line...

TAM (do not know the expansionπŸ˜†)
the number of viewers who are hooked for a maximum amount of time..if the show's rum time is 22 minutes, it is counted as to how much time were many viewers watching it.. say it is 12 minutes for a show..that is the highest and the rest are again calculated in relation to it..

NOW, the marriage part.. will be referring to a lot of shows, no offence meant anywhere 😊
i have some basic idea about the track of each ongoing show from time to time, but never sit down to watch any show for more than 5 mins, except for IPK..but all the shows have unique well done concepts or stories..
NO, according to me, a marriage in itself does NOT mean trps..(case in question : DABH.. the marriage haapened long ago, the trps did not come in then.. to the best of my knowledge, it is 2 weeks later it even appeared on the top 10 chart), but if the marriage is a twisted one, as in its the turning point of the show, the trps will surely run in. (case in question : EHMMBH, the marriage involved one of the leads not attending it, which means a high point and a twist, which obviously translated to hooked viewers.. my mum too.) did not see EHMMBH on the top 10 charts till until around 2 weeks ago too... there are some shows which pick up at around the time of the marriage itself and keep the viewers hooked even after it due too interesting honeymoon trips etc..(case in question : BALH.. the trip to Australia..)

So, finally i would call it the matter of the twist and not the marriage. So if we were talking about IPKKND, if it is a surprise planned marriage; say hatred marriage, it is sure to clock in the numbers.. (though i would put my name first on the list for people who are AGAINST it!).. ifit is a simple they fall in love, get married, i don't think it will turn in as many numbers, but increased trps are a given..!!

now for some IPK-ism..
first off, this is the ONLY show i know of which is EQUALLY popular both online and off it.. the advantage with IPK is that. its a love story.. you can do a lot of things to it and noone will question its diversion from tracks (except of course we at the forum here πŸ˜†).. but you can't say the same about a tale of two sisters or a story of a married woman wanting to pursue her dreams is supported by her husband or a different love story about a 40+ and 30+ falling in love after a marriage... (this is kekta though so no surprises if the show takes a leap and the female lead is shown fighting for justice in some unknown land..)
that is precisely why EHMMBH, DABH and DALH had to finish off with their marriage tracks.. cause the main story in their case is AFTER the marriage.. so no surprises there that all these shows have picked up either at the time of marriage or around it.. you never know when the ratings are going to drop, so all you can do is throw in spice every day to keep the numbers coming..

coming to IPK, the first two months or so, the basic milestone like hitting a 2+ trp and a 3+ trp were targetted.. around the third or fourth month, a few attractive (trp wise) story lines were thrown in to grab eyeballs.. and IPK ended in top 10 and stayed there forever..with having touched the golden 4+ already (you can trust me on this, it got out of top just once in 6 months!).. that too with no typical confession of leads and shyam being revealed just a week ago.. i was shocked when normal plain weeks which had nothing to do with ArHi and their love, clocked in more than 3 trps..😲,, follow the TRP thread, you'll know for sure..

what i am arriving at is this; for me and many others watching IPK, its the love and passion that matters, and IPK provides you with tons of that; be it at irregular intervals.. i ditched tons of shows just because the initial fizzle was done (case in point : navya) and the story thereafter failed to grab my attention.. BUT IPK is different.. why? i would say, because of SaRun.. they play this fictional story so convincingly that its hard to resist the screen even when there is no story going on.. just to see the 2 minutes of their nok-jhok or whatever..(case in question : yesterday's phone convo).. and the best part is you never know WHEN those two minutes arrive..(did i just say best? okay worst..)

AND hence, at least for IPK , the marriage will NOT matter as long as the cvs come up with equally interesting passionate surprises..(trust me on this too, not many of the IPK viewers are waiting to see when the lead are getting married and going on honeymoon🀒..) according to me, they all know the nuances of a maturely-dealt love story and will take it well IF the cvs come with new avenues..
having said that, i AM ready to take a marriage too, cause (yes i trust you cvs! *sob bad moment!*).. at the end of the day it does not boil down too WHAT you have done, but HOW you have done it..

yes, it did turn out long (now you get the idea of a new post?πŸ˜†) but would appreciate if it is wholly read, cause its not my POV, parts of it are plain pure facts which we tend to overlook...

anjaani07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Loved this post, thanks for explaining it all so patiently and so clearly!

I think the Payal/Akash marriage has made it possible for them to push any Arhi marriage back because with it comes greater scope for Arhi to interact, especially now that thay have cleared up the La angle and Khushi is also no longer engaged.

I'm in no rush to see a marriage between them because i'd rather see their relationship grow and develop before it gets to that. I think IPK is a different enough show that it can go another 6 months even without them getting married and the ratings will not drop as long they keep us going with interesting and new situations. It has a solid fanbase now so in my opinion CV's can explore more aspects of their relationship without worrying about marriage for now.
--Krish-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
great post !!
thanks for the detailed post and clarifying lot of these things πŸ‘
OnepoundChic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
superb post!..thnx 4 clearing in details(but still i didn't get about trp n tvrπŸ˜†)
 by payash marriage cvs got a huge chance of showing arhi scenes and there proper love track..i dont want thier marriage suddenly or soon but i hope cvs use this golden time with proper planing and proper presentation..then trpz will do hit the charts...and now finally its arhi time..dono single and are ready to mingle..❀️ β€οΈ β€οΈ
applesauce. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Very well put post..confusion abt TRP,TVR,TAM r clrd nw..tanx.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

first off, this is the ONLY show i know of which is EQUALLY popular both online and off it.. the advantage with IPK is that. its a love story.. you can do a lot of things to it and noone will question its diversion from tracks (except of course we at the forum here πŸ˜†).. but you can't say the same about a tale of two sisters or a story of a married woman wanting to pursue her dreams is supported by her husband or a different love story about a 40+ and 30+ falling in love after a marriage..
that is precisely why EHMMBH, DABH and DALH had to finish off with their marriage tracks.. cause the main story in their case is AFTER the marriage..

now i read ur post carefully and though i already was pretty well educated and in tune with the TRP trends cz i stalk the ratings!but it sure educated me more about the differences in the 3 types of ratings..thanks a lot for sharing cz it is a fab post that gives a very clear insight to the current situation!!

and one more thing from the Top 10 shows list the only shows that share a time slot and still rake in a grand TRP is IPK & BV!
now about this quoted part..this is the beauty of IPK! it is surely the only show which has created a frenzy online as never before (case in point IF..cz when have we ever found a forum with a first page which will have a topic for 1 second and in another minute it might be on page 5!that is the extent of interaction!) and still managed to click in with the aam janta from all over the country at the same time..

anyway as u said IPK is purely and simply a love story..it has got no points to prove, no messages to deliver, no ulterior motives or any such..it is plain n simple about the journey of two different individuals as different as fire & ice will come together and create a volatile reaction and slowly adapting to each other..it is 100% about the culmination of this journey..
it is about the age old concept of love..that there r no boundaries, there r no rules nor anything when it comes to love & war..cz this is a story of both of them...

and well icing on the cake could be the appearances of the 2 leads..i might be biased cz i am a fan of them..but i think our show has 2 classic mills&boon looks bearing leads..who truly look a step higher than most of their counterparts in other shows..
and also another fact is usually the male lead has more online fans(pretty much proven n well known thing)..but due to MJHT Sanaya actually brought in more fans to the show initially than Barun did, cz even I became a Barun fanatic after he became ASR.and the show created more fans of Barun cz most of us fell in lust(case in pont!πŸ˜†) with this sexy hunk!.so we sure have the best of both worlds..

Edited by princessunara - 12 years ago
stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: danicaa

great topic! thank you.. but i am worried because if no trps the show will shut down fast and am addicted to it so thats why i want nice trps for our show.. πŸ˜­

hun, its SP.. the show is not gonna shut down anytime soon.. i can guarantee you another year at minimum or more if you are ready to tolerate the tracks after that.. πŸ˜†