India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

'Mera Pati Devta Nahi Hai!'

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 10:33am | IP Logged
What was meant to be a a probing debate on marriage , turned out to be an occasion for a major spat between tv actress Urvashi Dholakia and the well-known Whirlpool model Amrita Saluja, with the former thundering out of the set recording next week's episode of Ekta Kapoor's spicy Kandy Floss when Amrita insisted in calling her husband "God"

Urvashi remains non-commital. "Nothing much happened. The topic we were discussing—marriage—was according to me absolutely non-debatable. I've already spoken as much as I want to about it."

Then why on earth did she agree to go for it?

Amrita is far more forthcoming on what happened. "It was a sensitive topic. Urvashi may have her own views on marriage. And I respect her opinion. I'm a blissfully married woman. My husband , sports manager Rahul Raichand treats me like a princess.

So why should I not show him the same love and respect? What was so wrong about me calling my husband God? It's my choice. It may make the feminists cringe and it may not even be politically correct. But that's how I feel about my husband. Why should Urvashi take offence?"

Apparently the sharp-tongued tv vamp(best known for her catty act as Komalika in Kasauti Zindagi Kay objected vocally, and accused Amrita of insulting the Gods."

"Please!" protests the well-known model who recently did a stint on Zee's thriller Time Bomb, "I know my religion. I worship all the deities. And I've read the Bhagavad Gita. Perhaps Urvashi should do the same. It clearly states that there's a God within all off us. I worshipped my mother before my husband came along. Now I've two humanbeings to look up to. I think I'm very lucky."

The affronted Urvashi staged a loud walk-out from the debate, and it's all on camera. "I guess she doesn't share my opinion," comments Amrita wrily about her divorced opponent in the debate. " The channel (Sony) wanted a war. They got it."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top