Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 9)

nirvanica15 Goldie
nirvanica15
nirvanica15

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged
@Paro
I was surprised too, that there are many intelligent people who find these symbolisms and put into writing. I never thought of it that way...
And also I am doubtful that the CVs have done that intentionally... There might be some, but not all we can find and deduce from each episode

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSgeetaddictLily201Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSe

bluerose1889 Goldie
bluerose1889
bluerose1889

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Here's the link to the written update -

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1371374

@samana
I think we should add the written update link to the video post.

Edited by bluerose1889 - 19 December 2011 at 9:30am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSLily201nirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSe

itsmylifeboss IF-Rockerz
itsmylifeboss
itsmylifeboss

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:31am | IP Logged
grt oneee

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201SamanalyseISHQSalmanSe

-Zahra15- IF-Rockerz
-Zahra15-
-Zahra15-

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
this is awesome...amazing job...plzz add me to the pm list...

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Samana brilliant analysis ClapClapClap

Coming to the first episode,I still remember when I saw the first scene of Brij and his men killing that innocent girl Channi, my reaction was what a pathetic start ...its filled with so much negativity ..who is going to watch such a depressing show LOLOuch...

Even though I was well aware of the fact that the show is based on a social message regarding honour killing and fake NRI marriage but still I thought the serial will b depressing Ouch..

But hving said that I must confess the whole direction and camerawork along with editing of the starting scene was top notch...it was shot at midnight and the lighting was perfect ClapClapClap./..Just goes on to prove how much importance was given to all the detailing here ClapClap

Then the later half of the episode when Geet was introduced doing bhangra and later taking the scooty ride with his little bro ,I found it quite refreshing and DD looked cute with her two chotis LOLEmbarrassed..

Her family was then introduced which looked quite interesting as different characters had different shades and view points in the family but all were scared of two men in the house ..one is Darji and second is Brij ...I really felt bad when Geet was humiliated in front of all by Darji for returning late to the house after her college Cry ;But the whole scene indicated for the first time that how this family gives more importance to their honour(izzat) than thier daughter's happiness or dreams Ouch...

The meeting of Dev and Geet was quite interesting as well ..Who could say that he was there to ruin this girl's life CryOuch..I liked how even thier meeting started with the use of dupatta as he was there to take away Geet's honour and so we saw their first meeting resulted in Geet falling down with her dupatta in Dev's hand Ouch...It was symbolic if we look at the scene now as he came there to rip off Geet's honour and make her fall down in front of entire society Ouch

Overall a gripping episode which gives us a clear indication of whats coming in Geet's life and how she will b the next victim after Channi ...But well Channi never had a Maan in her life whichg Geet had Embarrassed

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammonishsweetsTRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201lamslatekate-sumaiya-SamanalyseISHQSalmanSe

leverne IF-Stunnerz
leverne
leverne

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
will download teh epi and come back with analysis

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201Samanalyse

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
@USManeetian: I know! It's hard not to like Dev when he is all suave and chivalrous. I finally understand all those old pro-Dev-Geet post in the back of the forum. Shocked

Don't throw things at me! ROFL

@Paro: Glad you could be here! I know, I am seeing the time and feeling a strange emptiness. But this thread is sure helping! Big smile

@Paro and Nirvy: It's actually a huge debate in literature as to whether we should analyse the intentions of the authours/makers when we analyse the finished product. I personally choose not to think about whether the CVS intended it or not, but just take it at face value. But some of them, i believe are intentional, like the more literal ones.

Oh I just thought of another one!

Brij's mom compared raising a daughter to grinding masala, that is the perfect ingredients ground into each other for a finished product. i feel like the pounding signifies the oppressive brainwashing that goes on to make girls docile, obedient and "perfect wife material".

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoTRULYOURSLily201nirvanica15ISHQSalmanSepriyachand-sumaiya-jyoti06

Mishti13 IF-Rockerz
Mishti13
Mishti13

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:37am | IP Logged
thanks for analyzing from the beginning...loved it
really great start didnt notice the symbolization that u have mentioned. great one dear 

Go to top