Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 8)

nirvanica15 Goldie
nirvanica15
nirvanica15

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:45am | IP Logged
@Samana

Wonderful analysis, and agree with you, I am glad too that we are doing this...

Coming to the episode, I am not big on analysis, but here goes my short version...

This is the first time I am watching this episode, and knowing all what came after, did give a different perspective of the episode...
The introduction scene felt quite real and gave me goosebumps, the actress who played Channi was pretty good... And also the way Brij raises his sword is to behead the person like a sacrifice, coz of what she has done to the family, and not an intension to kill her personally...
So he feels whatever he has done is good in his mind...

Geets introduction scene shows her character, free spirit, dancing with the crowd, trying to help her sis and keeping the promise to her brother even though she knows she will get into trouble... I dont know , dont want to talk abt Dev knowing what he did to Geet and what happens later on I am not still in terms with that... May be after few episodes I can talk abt the Devil...
And the punishment scene was heart wrenching, may I say there are only few people who look good while crying and Drashti is one of them, she looks so innocent and pretty that one feels like hugging her and consoling her...
Actually I am looking forward to tomorrows episode, coz this would be the first time I would be watching all theseee

And Thanks for putting this together

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoTRULYOURSLily201-richierich-Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSepriyachandritzy09

priyachand IF-Rockerz
priyachand
priyachand

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged

wow am i the first to respond to u? i usually wait for others to post before i dare to venture out, but this time i am too excited to wait for others. so sr devils pls excuse.

first let me reiterate my thanx for doing this analysis. as samana said i wdn't have watched it if not for this group effort! so thanx

d first epi was a very good intro of all chrs. d first scene was really vry dramatic. and Brij, by god, what an eye d actor has! his evil intent is so visible in d eyes. i cant evn say evil but shd i say fanatic fervour!

Drashti looked every inch an innocent punjabi girl who loves n respects her family. her body language when she walks without dupatta was so consistent with later similar scene (sorry i cdnt stop from refer to ti)

d ambience of punjabi village, respected rich family was so well laid.

@sam, ur symbolism of dev n dupatta was really spot on! dev really lookd every inch NRI guy. dat first scene of dev n geet (where she lowers her dupatta) was reallly good. nice intro scene.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoTRULYOURSLily201nirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSeritzy09

Viji79 IF-Sizzlerz
Viji79
Viji79

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Wow, Samana, beautiful. No doubt it is a great decision we decided to do this retrospective analysis. I would come in only after Maan enters, because in reality I started seeing the show after Maan's entry and became a hardcore Maaneetian afterwards, so I cannot digest seeing Geet with Dev.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201-richierich-Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSe

riya27 IF-Sizzlerz
riya27
riya27

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged
samana...wonderful analysis dear...
but a request from my side is that...please do provide a detailed WU for each epi...so that the non hindi speakers like me can also get the core point without any flawBig smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSLily201Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSe

geetaddict Senior Member
geetaddict
geetaddict

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Most show do make sure that their first scene is a happy happy one but this first scene did make an impression i must say and Brij was really scaryEvil Smile. No wonder everyone has that expression on their face when his name is mentioned. Thismay be totally unrelated but i have seen that door in the film Mausam. Something that struck me as soon as i saw that. Maybe a generic version of a house in punjab.
And my !Shockeddoes geet look young or what - that innocence that sweetness was really like a breath of fresh air. And I have to agree with Samana( is it ok if i call u that or would you prefer Sam?). Somehow everyone was doing their duty in the society (am not stereotyping here) of course except for Brij but then people like Brij are a reality in life too. if you see that first scene i felt that Channi's brother had second thoughts and thats why Brij did the deed for him.Not only do such people perperate such atrocities they also unfortunately inspire other people to do so. Scary.
If the dupatta was so important i thought geet should have waited to get it rather than run away but then we would not have seen darji enforcing the rules like he did.
I have to say the initial starcast is good.Eevryone plays their part to perfection and even the little comic relief we had does not look out of place.
I am going to wait till i see the next episode to comment on Dev(though being objective about him is going to be a tough one now that we know of his deeds during our time travel to the future).

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammoTRULYOURSLily201lamsnirvanica15SamanalyseISHQSalmanSe-sumaiya-

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by riya27

samana...wonderful analysis dear...
but a request from my side is that...please do provide a detailed WU for each epi...so that the non hindi speakers like me can also get the core point without any flawBig smile

I have an idea. Would it be ok if we went to the archive and got the WU from there? Because those are pretty detailed and then any additional questions you had we could answer. We would be making such good use of all the forum's resources, like the good members we are. Embarrassed

I will go find the WU now and put it under the episode

@Lily: I loved your take! It was so poetic and beautiful and yet covered all the elements of the episode!

@Sadie: I loved your humour! LOL Doosri lady is Brij's mum. Some relationships explain themselves. Dead

@Nirvy: I loved your take! And I completely agree that DD is one of the only actresses I have ever seen who cries convincingly and without making herself look bad. Even an actress of the likes of Kareena does not manage that feat!

@Priya: I have to thank you all for joining me! I would never have done this if there weren't people willing to join me! Big smile I agree, the ambiance was established so well as were the characters.

@Viji: Oh come now! Nobody can really stomach Dev-Geet after we know what happens but I am trying to view this with a fresh perspective and analyse objectively. Of course there is no force, but try it and see. It is not as hard as I thought it would be.

@geetaddict: Samana is fine. What should I call you?
And I agree! They started off with a bang and a shocker! I guess that is another thing that made GHSP different. Usually the female lead starts off loved and pampered and goes to a sasural that is less than ideal and suffers. Here the story starts with oppression and misery signaling that there is nowhere to go but up!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSgeetaddictLily201nirvanica15bluerose1889-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSeViji79

geetaddict Senior Member
geetaddict
geetaddict

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
@Samana: you can call me Paro.Thanks again for starting this thread.
@all: loved reading all your takes. I am not good at symbolism and i am in awe of those who can see these nuances in these scenes. I have always wondered if the CVs actually meant it to be like that or is it just the brilliance of viewers like you people.

its 9:30 on a monday and my husband's in control of the remote. I am sure both of us find it wierd after such a long time.

TRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201SamanalyseISHQSalmanSe

USManeetian Goldie

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

TRULYOURSLily201Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSe

Go to top