Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 67)

geetaddict Senior Member

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
@ Jyoti Don't we all know that the only way Brij establishes his manliness is by yelling at and hitting women. And save your energy Jyoti. There is a lot more cursing pending for Brij and to a certain extent Daarji for the future torture they are going to pile up on our innocent Geet .Cry. But we can also take solace from the fact that Geet is no more a meek girl. She has already started transforming into a sherni.Clap
@ Richa Yeah, Gul Khan's version of positive thinking continues to be a puzzle to all of us. And you r right.Even  a mother in her right mind would not support such a low life creatureAngry.
@Priya I too thought the same thing when I saw Geet Rajji and Tito discussing Dev's innocence. Three kids still unaware of the ways of the world one of whom will have to unforunately grow up really fast in the next few days.Unhappy
@ Sia  Can you believe that i completely left out Dev and family part from my analysis.  Like Geet I think it is my subconscious self trying to ignore the scum. I too was thinking how come such an assertive and confident Dev suddenly transformed into a joru ka gulam types and a meek fellow. Got to wait and watch. And it would have been funny to see your expression when you saw the paunchy 45 year old grey haired Vadde Veerji.LOL
@ Samana I think you have to watch the expression on Dev's face and his despicable demeanour in all these episodes to fully appreciate his crime and disgusting intentions. Like you said it would be interesting to watch the way and reason how this guy suuposedly reforms. You do have a big heart much like Geet to think that such people do repent and maybe even i would have convinced myself to accept it too had they shown a much plausible cause for the transformation and lot more suffering on his part which would still not be even 5 % of what he put a poor girl through.Angry
@ all loved reading all your takes

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Three cheers for the new, bold Geet! Clap

Even though I know we would like to believe that this is Maan's influence, I honestly believe that that is that last thing on her mind right now. And as much as I hate to say it, I thing this particular incidence of boldness comes from Dev himself, who has in many ways turned her from a girl to a woman in a way that is irrevocable and I don't just mean in the physical sense of her virginity. For a very short time Geet knew what it was to be desired and to give of herself physically and emotionally. I don't think you can ever return to a childlike innocence, which Geet had, once you have been there.

It also breaks my heart that Geet is being perfectly logical here and yet, that very logic forces her not to see the truth. Dev has given convincing proofs before this that he will not leave her, once when her family doubted him in a similar manner. So why shouldn't she believe that he is doing the same now, only to walk in the door any second with a perfectly valid excuse? It is also interesting how loyal she is to Dev with the limited interaction they have had, compared to her family. It shows how unused she is to kindness and being treated as an equal, which Dev in his brief interaction, did do. I think it shows how much the physical relationship meant to Geet and how emotionally invested she was in order to allow it to happen. She didn't want to get married, but once she did and once she committed herself to Dev, there is a fierce loyalty that is heartbreaking at the same time as it is a glimpse at one of her strongest character traits, along with her trust in people.

I can totally see my explanation for Pammi going evil working here. NT and Dev are pretty much blaming the whole thing on Maan and saying that they had to do this because of his hard heartedness. Give Pammi some time to mull over that, along with her crippling guilt, bordering on hysteria and I could see her going psycho and wanting to kill Maan and get Dev his rights. the wedding never happened according to Brij. Unfortunately it is not that simple for Geet who is now totally invested. She is not the type to do anything halfheartedly, as we see later also in KC with her work. Ek baar commitment kardi to apne aap ke bhi nahin sunti. Cool So Geet will get to the bottom of this and it will be heartbreaking but thankfully we will have Maan to make it better.

@Paro: I don't think Dev repenting was the ruin of the story. It was Dev not being punished. Whether he repented or not, he should have been shown going through a horrible punishment or, you know jail. At the very least they could have kept him out of the series after AS left so we could imagine him suffering, but they even took that away from us! Angry

I don't think I have a big heart per say, I can just think of better ways Dev repenting could have been dealt with that did not involve him going scott free!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-richierich- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 24 January 2012 at 8:34am | IP Logged

Guys today is 22nd episodeThumbs Up may 4th 2010

Sorry it was raining got a bit late with the update :)

Episode starts with all the family members worried about Geet..and thinking what happened to Dev's family. They all are wondering how could this happen with them. Then the one lady (dunno her name
) who fixed the rishta of DG enters. She confesses that Dev's family gave her money to fix this rishta. The family members shout at her for betryaing..Mohinder thinks what the woman had told him..about Dev the other time. He wishes that he would have believed them.

The other side Geet is completely shattered. She has hoplessley fallen in love with him. All the family members try to tell her to forgot about him ; but she keeps chanting his name. Saying that he cannot betray me. He can never do that to me. She is not ready to listen to anybody.

Then Maan is shown hammering a big billboard saying 'Maan Singh Khurana Mills.' Some people come and tell him that the land where he is putting the board is actually Daarji's. He shuts them up by saying its only his. The farmers go off. Then a man comes and says that you cannot have this land because its Chaudhry Handa's. I actually didnt get their convo Confused Then Maan says he will buy it from them because this land is only theirs.

In Geet's family everybody is trying to decide what to be done. They finally decide that they will say that the marriage did not happen at all. Do

Up on tha stairs , Geet has changed into a new dress with her wedding bangles and sindoor with her trademark hairstyle. She looked very pretty though Embarrassed Ok so ya well..she wants to get out of the house and she takes the help of Rajji and Titoo. They clear the way so that Geet can go outside and search for Dev. So without anybody's notice they go outside

Dolly comes up to bring Geet. She goes up to see Raji standing alone by the window.Dolly comes to know that Geet has gone away..out of the house. Down Daarji is calling Geet and telling everybodty that she is forbidden from going outside. Dolly and Rajji get scared.

Geet is on the bike with Tito behind her. They are searching everywhere for Dev on the roads. Then they decide to go and check at the guest house where they stayed. As Geet is moving past towards the guest house , Dev is also coming from the land..they show both of them going parallel ways.

Geet is going towards the guest house...when she dashes with Brij who is in the car. They have an accident. Geet falls the same way when she met Dev..she rolls over..they show the flash-back of the dupatta scene. Geet is then brought to life by Brij who starts shouting at her. He pushes her into the car. Geet is begging him that she wants to check the guest house for Devji.

They reach the house. Daarji is shouting at Geet for going out of the house..But shes adamant that Devji will not betray her. Everybody is very shocked with her reaction. She even back answers Daarji. Brij gets very angry and starts shouting at her. But she still talks about Dev and not being wrong. Brij slaps her. Geet's leg gets stuck to a thorn and blood is pouring. Brij holds her neck when Geet says she cannot forget Dev. Geet's mother is begging him to leave. But he doesnt. Suddenly a door bell rings. They take Geet on top with her bloody foot prints making marks on the floor.

Mohinder opens the door and sees some man. Maan turns and introduces himself as Maan Singh Khurana. He says he wants to buy their land.

Pre-cap- All the ladies are on top trying to convince Geet. But shes still hunting for Dev. So sorry for late update..lot of net problems!! Ouch

Edited by richa23 - 24 January 2012 at 8:57am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jyoti06 Channel Moderator

Posted: 24 January 2012 at 9:53am | IP Logged

This episode showed to what extent Geet was ready to go for her suhaag CryCryCry ;

She was not really in love with Dev but she was too loyal to the commitments she had made as a wife towards her husband Dev and she also had a blind faith on Dev Ouch ;She had enough courage to escape out of the house and go in search of Dev which was the first time we saw Geet showing some courage and self-belief ClapClap .
Coming to Maan scenes ,this episode sort of gave a rough idea that somewhere the land which belonged to Geet and which was taken by Dev and family through betrayal had a connection with Maan too since he was the one who brought the land without knowing who actually sold it Wink ;This land sort of connected both Maan and Geet in HP once again Embarrassed ;I wish CVs had later shown Maan gifting this land to Geet after their marriage but sighhh CVs forgot the chapter after a point Unhappy ;But anyways at least this land chapter was brought in the Rasika Rathod case later which gave us the epic "Ghar laute Geet" episode Embarrassed...
Coming to Brij and Darji ,well all they knew was raising thier voice and showing their strengths to the innocent women and girls of the house Angry ;Instead of going to the police station and trying to punish the culprits ,they thought of giving house arrest punishment to innocent Geet Angry...
Waiting for the next few episodes now which r going to see some really exciting Brij-Maan confrontations and also Maaneet encounters TongueTongueEmbarrassed

priyachand IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 January 2012 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Geet's complete trust on dev is really sad to see. d girl who was not really keen to marry was slowly seduced by dev. what a lowlife he is! if he had just married her, she wdnt have trusted him this much. d way he went out of the way to make her trust him is the reason she blindly believes in him. d way she bravely answers Brij n darji shows her innate strength.

i was initially irritated how geet could blindly go on believing dev. but i think she is more in denial n shock. d way she reacts s more a hysterical reaction. she is not evn thinking, she is just reacting. it is so sad to see such an innocent girl getting cheated.

Brij reaction is very typical of male reaction from such a house hold.

Maan - he has already been introduced. but still d way they were showing him is like another intro shot.

P.S: i cdnt resist seeing d next episode. i had to see to see what's happening. it is so fast paced n very interesting.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-richierich- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 24 January 2012 at 11:01am | IP Logged
 Geet complete fall into Dev's trust and suhag sentiment. She still believes that dev cannot betray  her. Ouch. Family members are worried about the incident happened. I can see except geet's father and mother everybody were thinking about the family prestige not about geey's agony. The marriage broker women spills out the truth thatdev's family bribed her to show  the girl. They were random people who came in search of a girl. First she showed a family where they demanded Huge dowry and the family head sold all his property and managed the amount but at the last moment they refused to marry that girl. Geet's father remember the women who came to tell him the truth. Darrjee warns that women not to tell anybody that such a match ever came to geet. Geet's mother & father are much worried about their daughter's fate but daarje wans everybody in the house not to leak the issue outside the house & asks geet 's mother to keep geet restricted to the house till they know the whereabouts of dev family.
  Geet is quite confident that dev cannot ditch her. wuth the help of tittu &rajji she manages to escape from the house in search of dev.. Maan is in the same place he bought chowdary handa's land from the broker which NT sold to the broker and his munshi notices that  some papers of the land dealing are missing. maan with a confidence says that we will not run after the broker. land belongs to handa family so he  will deal with them directly.
  Geet is on her way to search dev. she goes towards the guest house where dev  stayed. but she bumps her scooty with brij who is surprised to see her on the road. he force geet to sit in the jeep though she try to explain that she was searching dev. but he don't listen to her & daarjee  warns her but geet keeps on urging and saying dev is not wrong  daar gets furious on her and lifts his stick but somebody bangs the door.  here comes our hero saving her unknowingly. he bangs the door at right time before geet get hurt. here comes the saviour. Jyo Ure right instead of going to police they are punishing their own child who is so innocent .Angry The way brij says after marriage U got Ur voice was so egoistic.

Edited by richa23 - 24 January 2012 at 11:05am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sia221 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 January 2012 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Wow.. I m loving Geet more n more with every epi.. Smile
When noone is listening to her...Daredevil Geet.. runs away from d house to find d truth herself.. Shocked I just loved it..

Now I m confused after Geet's dialogue to Brij.. I felt now more than finding Dev for herself.. it has become a sort of an ego issue for Geet.. To prove her point here.. It was like.. she had enough of everyone's saying n that.. She should also be listened to.. I may be wrong but thats what I felt in that scene..sp d unmistakeable rebellious glare she was giving to Brij..

After 2-3 back to back.. Painful, depressing yet engrossing epis.. CVs still maintained the drama element.. Making sure that audience does not relax even for one epi..So yet again.. the stranger makes an entry.. No.. Wait..He has a name now.. Khurana.. Maan singh Khurana.. LOL LOL
N on top of that to make sure that the Viewers have not forgotten him..(which I m sure no one did..) They showed his FBs with Geet   Embarrassed from his talks..V see that Maan is a straight forward.. no non-sense guy.. Who likes solving his problems himself rather than depending on anyone else..n of course full of attitude..

If its not Dev.. Then its either Daarji or Brij who r there to boil ur blood Angry
Only way to avoid an argument or confrontation for either of them... The way out is by showing ur authority.. N that too by violence.. In a way it shows their helplessness n weakness..But its too late.. N there is no turning back for Geet now..

The best part..The land problem arises.. N so Maan enters Geet's house.. In face to face with Handa Family.. Big smile n what timing!!
Wait.. A symbolism here I guess..(my very first one) That.. In future.. Maan will always be there on time to save Geet from her troubles.. Smile n he did that every time.. Smile Embarrassed

Actually looking forward to tomo epi.. Big smile

Edited by sia221 - 24 January 2012 at 1:20pm

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 January 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
What a little firebrand our Geet is! Shocked

I love how she is absolutely refusing to listen to anyone on this matter as she feels that blind trust in Dev and that blind devotion to her suhag. If we look at it that way, Maan is the one to eventually snap her out of her blindness several times and make her think outside the social system she has grown up in. The first time is when she finds out he now owns her land and she is snapped out of her blind trust of Dev now that she has proof of his betrayal, and the second is when he tells her to put her brother in jail, snapping her out of the blind trust in her family and her blind support of their honour which she has been brainwashed to think is of utmost importance.

I think this is what Maans entry symbolises, that he will be there to break her out of the cycle.

I also thought the loop closure was fabulous where the very first episodes we got Geet being hit for a crime she did not commit, losing her dupatta while riding the scooter with Titu and the match maker coming in with news of Dev saves her. Similarly, here Maan's entry saves her but here, Geet has actually committed the "fault", and a strikingly similar at that, that she is being punished for. So we see Dev entering her life when she had no freewill or agency and taking advantage of that. On the other hand, Maan enters to save her just when she begins to stand up for herself. Maan helps those who help themselves. Approve

Edited by Samanalyse - 24 January 2012 at 9:01pm

Go to top