Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 42)

sia221 IF-Rockerz
sia221
sia221

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
@ Nirvi:

No doubt GC.. wld hav done it par excellence.. but I was talking in terms of Dev-Geet as a couple compared to Maaneet.. it was only bcoz MSK was a much stronger n bigger character than Dev n    of-course positive..that I guess ppl sidelined Dev later on LOL n accepted Maan- Geet as a couple..
(m I making any sense????)
As for Abhinav.. even I m not his Fan.. Its only GC/Maan for me...EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

@ Richa: 

Thank u for today's episode...Smile

@ Paro.. Priya.. Jyoti.. enjoyed reading ur takes...SmileSmile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shammogeetaddictLily201nirvanica15Samanalysejyoti06

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
I remember during these episodes the whole forum was rooting for Dev-Geet jodi and when MSK's entry article came ,everyone were like noone can come between Dev-Geet and how Dev will b transformed into a good human being ...LOLLOLLOL

But the entry of MSK changed it all and the scene where he lifts Geet from water made every Dev-Geet fan take a straight U-Turn and become a Maaneet fanatic LOLLOL...

Geet was in blue when she first met him ..somehow blue since that time has been a significant colour which has always connected both in a bond EmbarrassedEmbarrassed...

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammogeetaddictlamsnirvanica15Lily201-richierich-Samanalysesia221pennu

nirvanica15 Goldie
nirvanica15
nirvanica15

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
@Jyo
So true, that single scene changed history...
And it was the best intro anybody could get, and GC was just too perfect in that scene with the attitude and the bodyEmbarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammoSamanalysesia221

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
@richa. Thanks, dear for the WU, the video for the 9th episode and  the pm.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

geetaddictnirvanica15Samanalyse

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
@nirvanica. you are absolutely right! The precap just blew me away. I was so happy to see that scene in the precap. The most amazing precap of GHSP! I also hadn't realized that they had shown this scene in the precap. Its as if the CVs already knew that this scene would take us all by a storm.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nirvanica15Samanalyse

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
@geetaddict. No dear, I am not a lit grad. I wish I could write like a lit grad,though, I am glad you thought me one. Thanks.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nirvanica15Samanalyse

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Hello all!

I loved reading all your takes on the preca---I mean the episode. LOL

EEE!!! Maan in the precap! How I have missed him!

Ok now to focus on the present. I guess my prediction was right because Darjee did end up trusting Dev's family even more after this episode, especially after they bought their own jewellery for Geet. Dev is really painting himself as the perfect suitor and the family is falling deeper and deeper into his charming trap. As we find out later on, the idea may have been NT's but Dev definitely had a huge hand in the execution of it. After watching this episode, I can understand why Geet is so reluctant to believe he cheated her later, because her family have already suspected him of cheating and he has kept her bharosa and proved them wrong here. It was wonderful to see how Geet is least impressed by all the presents but has utmost appreciation only for the fact that Dev didn't prove her faith misplaced. It shows her priorities.

So Lasagna, huh? I loved Geets conversation with her mother. It showed her mother's character as someone who loves Geet deeply but whose own world view is too limited to wish her anything but a good marriage as that is all she knows herself. The women gathered around, talking about this exciting new event was so sweet and their laughter and tears were something we have not really been shown yet, as the picture has been showing the whole family. We got a glimpse of how smart and well-read Geet actually is when compared to say, her bhabhi and how much her father has invested in her education and how much she herself has paid attention to knowing about the world outside, taking his advice seriously. Geet knows that Lasagna is Italian and that noodles are Chinese, for example.

Watching these episodes really made me realise that Geet's family can't be blamed for getting her married to the wrong person. Of course, they are to blame for the way they chose to deal with the reality of the crime later, but not for the marriage itself. It's not like they didn't suspect or investigate as we see Brij physically doing jasoosi to find out they are going to HP and not to their rest house. Unfortunately, Dev and family were always one step ahead in the game, as only they knew they were playing one and so Geet's family remained woefully smitten with their gestures and Dev's words. Before I watched these episodes closely, I used to think, how could the family have been so stupid? But in truth they weren't stupid, Dev's family was just smarter.

However, in this light I absolutely loved all of Mohinder's reactions. When everyone else was thinking of the jewellery that was potentially stolen, he was thinking of how he would face Geet and shatter her dreams and when Darjee forbid him from meeting that woman, he decided to go anyway because clearly nothing matters more to him than Geet and her secure future. So far we have seen him as a softer man who hesitates even to question Darjee but here he is willing to openly defy him as the love and  responsibility of a parent give him blind courage to do so. This again foreshadows Geet's own reaction to the idea of harming or killing her child.

EEE!! MAAN IN THE PRECAP!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammogeetaddictLily201nirvanica15sia221

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Everyday, I have to gather immense strength to watch the episode. It is heart breaking to see Geet fall deeper and deeper into Dev's devious clutches. He seems like a giant black spider weaving a net around Geet. The conniving smile sends a shiver up my spine. I died today when Geet in her heart thanked Dev for keeping her bharosa. I guess my knowledge about the later episodes cloud my judgement. I remember when I had seen the episode before, I felt Dev was good while his family was not which I guess is what the CVs had intended.
I loved the scene between Geet and her mother. What struck me and remained with me was her mother's blessing. She wishes that Geet gets married with a smile on her face, but, her prayer does not extend towards a happily married Geet! I don't know why but it just stuck in my mind. Mohinder's restlessness to find out about Dev's family and his discomfort at the message from the lady cller clearly shows how concerned he is for Geet's happiness. His disobedience of Darjee as to that about meeting the lady which we will see in the next episode, strengthens that fact.
I am confused as to why Dev and his family returned. It might be because of the land or When Dev was asking for directions, he might have noticed Brij seeing them and returned. But, I think it is because of the land as that would be a bigger kill.
The precap is the most beautiful part of today's episode. I guess it is not only me, everyone here will unconditionally agree to that.  I think the CVs love to give jhatkas. The have introduced Dev as a perfect gentleman -- loving, caring and compassionate who will later on deal out a humongous blow to Geet shattering her life to pieces. Whereas, Maan, who will be introduced as a heartless, ruthless, shrewd person will turn out to be Geet's savior and the love of her life; who will help her pick up all the shattered pieces and rise up from the ashes as a phoenix. 
Eagerly and excitedly looking forward to the next episode.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123geetaddictnirvanica15sia221Samanalyse

Go to top