Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 40)

sia221 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
The starting scene.. Father-Daughter... was very nice... one more brownie point to Geet's Dad coz now I know he was d one who encouraged Geet to study..Big smile

I did not mention before.. but I like DOLLY.. n also d female who is playing the character...she with her HINGLISH.. r really funny..LOL

Oh man... NT n family... how much more CHOR will they become???? already Geet's family hav given so much.. but  seems it was not enough.. Angry
btw why wer they wanting to hide that jewellery part from Dev???? Confused 

I thought my anger n hate for Dev will reduce in this week's time... but NOOO... it is d same...n in fact it doubled on seeing him all shy n  his sugar-coated dialogues...AngryAngry

OMG!!!!! did Dev say "PLEASE" to Brij for leaving Geet ROFLROFL 
I dont know what to make of this... was he trying to b all " SANSKARI" n pleading???? or just plain LOSER coz he knows he cannot fight with Brij...LOLLOL 

Now bcoz v all know they ARE going to get married.. but if it wasn't so..then I must say.. PRECAP looks really interesting...also the mysterious call to Geet's father.. makes one very curious.. for d next epi...

I m a big Fan of  GHSP's BG tunes n so  I pay a special attention to it...the BG tune today...between Dev n Geet in d end scene..was very nice..Smile

Over all nice episode...SmileSmile

Edited by sia221 - 04 January 2012 at 11:14am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sia221 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
@ Paro:

Wow!!! u do share similar views..Smile
when Geet says.. Aap meri har baat kaise jaan lete hain.. ( I was like..Geet he is not d only one)... n I thought of Maan coz she says d similar words to Maan in later epi...
Hi 5!! for Geet's Father SmileSmile Let me join u in appreciating this person.. just as v r equally DEV HATERS LOLLOL
I now can see why Geet trusted Maan so much.. Maan was d only one after her Dad...n  just like him... respected her feelings... encouraged her to b independent..

Thank u for written update of d epi as well...

@ Jyoti:       Thank u for uploading the video..Nice take too...Smile

@ Nirvi : 

Totally agree with u...CVs did a fabulous job with Dev's character here.. even if anyone suspected his family.. it was like Dev is THE HERO of this story...

@ Pennu:     Dupatta symbolism...Thumbs UpThumbs Up very nice...

@ Priya:      Liked ur take...Smile

Edited by sia221 - 04 January 2012 at 12:36pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shammo Groupbie

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
@All, A very Happy New year to you all. Let us all keep our fingers crossed for a GHSP 2 or a new season with Gurmeet and Drashti in the year 2012.

@geetaddict, thank you for the WU for the episode.
@Jyoti, thanks for the video of the episode.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shammo Groupbie

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Read all of your analyses and loved them all.

This episode goes on to strengthen the viewers belief that Dev's family has some plans up their sleeves. But, that Dev is also into the plan, that was very craftily hidden by the women requesting Geet's family not to tell Dev about the conversation regarding the jewelry. Dev, is making his way into Geet's heart with his charms and sweet talk. His conversation with Mohinder about how he is taking away the most valuable thing(Geet) from the family, and his interference into Brij's bullying of Geet has made a deep impact on the young girl's heart. Since we already know what is coming up next, today watching this episode again, made me think that Geet might have escaped this brutal torture and the wedding, if Dev and his family had absconded with all this jewelry. I guess, they came to know from Dev that there is land also in Geet's name which has been kept aside to be gifted to her and her groom after the marriage. It is for the land only that they come back and go along with the wedding fiasco. But, I may be wrong. 
The best part of today's episode was Geet and her dad's conversation. Watching the previous episodes make me cringe again at the thought how the CVs could have brought back Mohinder later on and shown Geet-Mohinder-Maan bonding instead of the useless circus comedy. I wish they had shown, Maan encouraging Geet to continue with her education, fulfilling Mohinder's dream for his daughter. He would have cried tears of joy to see how precious his daughter was to Maan. And, Geet would have gotten to know how Mohinder was instrumental in her finding a home with Pinky and her dad. Like a lot of other things this regret will also stay in my heart forever.
Another thing that I noticed about the previous episodes is that how the sidetracks are interwoven nicely into the main track. There were so many characters and everyone was given importance without the main lead losing her importance and the main story maintaining its story strongly throughout which was not seen later on. I wonder what went wrong?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sia221 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 4:26am | IP Logged
@ All:

I m glad to read that.. everyone here including me wanted to see Geet  pursue her studies further...SmileSmile
For me personally... It was right after Geet's MC.. I wanted to see Maan encouraging or Geet herself taking up her studies.. That wud hav been a perfect moment n a nice track in itself.. but.. they had to rush things just to show us SAINT DEV !!!!!!Angry

Thats what I hated abt current lot of CVS..they cud not show something as crucial as this in form of a track...even for few epi.. which wld hav been loved by all... but they cud show.. non-sense comedy circus for months d name of creativity !!!!!!Angry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

geetaddict Senior Member

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 5:12am | IP Logged
@jyothi Thank you again for posting the video. I am going to quickly reach the 25 mark so I can do it next time.
@ priyachand you can call me ParoSmile. I too was waiting for the thread to start again and at 9:30 when no one else posted the links I could not stop myself from doing it so I could post my analysis too. I do live upto my name"geetaddict" don't I?Big smile
@pennu sigh! I wish I could think of symbolisms like you all doUnhappy
@Sia seriously there is a strong brainwave connection between us. If this were an Ekta serial then we would have been twin sisters in our last birth who actually could read each others thoughts.Wink. On a serious note I too badly wanted Geet to pursue her studies and like you said after MC would have been just right because that would have been the perfect distraction. but then how would Geet have got a chance to introduce her extended circus family whom we had to put up with till the very endAngry. I don't know why they brought Dev when they did not want to introduce him as a grey character anyway. The reason for Geet leaving too, according to me, was never justified. OK I have too many issues with that track and no point opening that can of worms now.
@shammo I have been meaning to ask you. Are you a lit grad? Because the  language you use when writing your takes sounds so ,i think the best word to use ,is professional. Just being curious thats allSmile
@all loved reading all your takes.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-richierich- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged

Guys here is 9th episode  & WU .U may start Ur takes now.Thumbs Up                           

Recap: Geet's dad explains to her that Dev is a nice guy and he'll keep her happy! While Dev and Geet go for a walk with Rajjo and Titu...but Brij shows up! He holds Geet's hand to drag her away but Dev stops him. Geet's dad gets a call from a lady who wants to tell him something...while Kamya sneaks a necklace.
Daaji and Tayaji talk about how everything turned out to be really good...Tayaji asks the servant to press Daaji's legs properly (why not his neck?) Geet's dad comes to daaji to tell him about the phone call but Tayaji interupts to ask Rano to bring Chai quickly. Taayji calls Rano and tells her didn't she tell her not to give that necklace but you still gave it to them...while Mahinder looks on shocked. Rano denies that she didn't give that necklace to them...everyone look on shocked when Mahinder remembers Kamya looking at the necklace admiringly. Rano continues that no one even liked that necklace you know that right...Taayji says yes but the necklace is missing...Rano is swearing that she has no idea when Mahinder interupts. He says that he saw Kamya standing right there...while Daaji looks at him with an unreadeable expression. He says that the necklace was still there...while everyone looks on with shocked expressions..then where did it go. Dolly exclaims maybe Kamya stole it (she has no idea how right she is!) She says that she always doubted Kamya but Daaji gets up exclaiming Dolly's name in anger. He says that she is such an innocent child how was she suppose to know that the necklace wasn't there to be given away. She must have picked up by Mahinder says that you're right she is a child but for a long time I've been trying to tell you that after the roka I got a...but before he can complete his sentence Brij shows up. He asks if something happened since he can't find Dev...his dad says maybe they went to their guest house but Brij says that no they are headed toward Hoshiyaarpur. As usual everybody look shocked out of their wits. Geet who is busy eavesdropping is shocked as well! Tayaji exclaims the name of the city while Brij says yes...(may I add that he is still looking at the floor) why what happened...why are everyone so quiet? Daaji asks if Brij saw them leaving with his own two eyes (or was he busy looking at the floor :P) Brij replies yes! I heard them asking some dude on JT road about the route to the city. Flashback: Brij is spying on Dev who is busy asking the directions.
Taayji says but they told us that their khandani pandit is somewhere this moment they are with 40 lakhs worth of jewelery. Daaji asks Brij to call Dev and as always Brij says yes sir! As he is calling everyone are either praying or holding their breaths. Mahinder asks what happened and Brij says that the phone is switched off. Everybody is shocked while Geet is hyperventilating again.
The men of the house minus Daaji arrive at Dev's guest house...Tayaji exclaims that they are definately at their guest house and Brij is mistaken. When they arrive by the door they notice the lock! Geet on the other hand is lost in her thoughts as she remembers Dev folding his hands in front of Brij and telling him that Geet is his to be wife and he would appreciate it if no one treats her badly. She also remembers him walking away as they both smiled to each other (how cute!) But then her mind goes to the words of Taayji who said in front of them no one likes those this is outright theft. And then she remembers Daaji asking Brij to call Dev (ughh I am getting tired of all those flashbacks!!) Finally end of flashbacks! Rajjo comes to Geet and says that she will do her chores. Geet wipes away her tears as Rajjo takes over...Rajjo asks her if she is alright and Geet replies that ya she is what will happen to her. Rajjo goes no...outside everyone were talking about Dev jiju...Titu comes in as well. Titu goes but Dev jiju is so nice...he wouldn't do something like that..right? Rajjo goes ya you're right...Geet says that if all three of us feel the same then that's right! I believe him...I believe that he will return for sure.
Brij on the other hand is killing the poor plants with gamlas sameth...Mahinder says hold up let me call them! but the phone is still switched off...Brij exclaims that Dev has fleed...just once I get a grasp of him...I'll do aisi ki taasi of him. Mahinder looks worried when Tayaji says that what's the use of standing here...let's go to Daaji and we'll think about our next move. Brij and him leave...while Mahinder stands there looking worried and says that what will I say to Geet? She must be weaving dreams...what will I say to her?
Geet opens the door with a smile as she sees the men of the house entering...when they hear Dev saying sasrikaal! LOL Brij is all ready to pounce on him but his daddy stops him. Dev says that daaji told me that you were trying my phone (Brij looks like somebody stole his talwaar from him :P) Brij asks what happened to your phone? Dev replies that the phone wasn't charged while Tayaji smiles. Before anyone could ask anything else Rano comes asking for Mahinder that come look and see what they have brought for our Geet. Tayaji says that oo we thought maybe you went to your panditji! Dev's mom says that when Dev found out that we took jewellery from you...he was really angry and immediately took us to Hoshiyaarpur. Nayntara says that we exchaged dollars at whatever rate we could get and brought all these stuff for Geet. Dev and Geet look at each other admiringly! Kamya says but listen to the highilight...our program to go visit panditji was also delayed by Dev. Rajjo whispers in Geet's ears...isn't Devji doing a lot for us? Dev's mom says that my youngest DIL is really pretty while Dev looks admiringly at her. Naiyantara gives back all the jewelery and says that don't worry we've made new ones for Geet. But Daaji says that it is our responsiblity to give you stuff as well...though Mahinder and Brij seem to be really upset (they have no idea how right they are!) Naiyantara says that they should leave's not right to keep Panditji waiting. They get up to leave when Daaji reminds them to take the jewelery along with them...Dolly and Taayji are sort of upset with that. Dev and Geet have a starting contest with their signature music when Kamya comes up to her and says why are you looking at him slyly? If you want to thank him just go ahead and say it! She pulls Geet's cheek and says aww you're blushing! Looks like Dev's jewellery gesture has won your heart when Geet tries to explain herself but Kamya says listen to the highlight if you want to become Dev's queen of hearts make him a fabulous lasagne! He really likes lasange but don't go and tell them that I told you! Geet looks on worried as Kamya leaves. She remembers Kamya's words!
Her mom comes into the room and says that you should wear this for your will look really pretty! She notices that Geet is upset so she asks her what's wrong? Why are you so quiet? Geet says mother that I am feeling awkward...I don't know anything about them...what they eat...what are their likes and dislikes...I don't know anything. Rano says that's all! You're worried at such a minor thing...don't worry all girls who are about to get married think like that..even I thought the same. Everything will be alright once you all get to know each other. But Geet says that their lives are very different from our's...his favourite dish is you know what that is? Rajjo and Dolly come in! Dolly says that you are worried about such a minor thing? Just put lasan ka tarka on noodles...Rajjo says but I have a questions...does Canada have lasans (no we make desi food with lassansAngry) Dolly says that they might have it otherwise how would you put lassan ka tarka on noodles. Geet teases Dolly by saying that it is not a chinese but an Italian dish. They all laugh!! awwEmbarrassed. Rano caresses Geet and prays that your bidaai is also filled with happiness. She wipes her tears and says that oh ya I came with these stuff for you.
On the other hand Daaji says that they are a nice family and Tayaji says yes but the boy is a gem while Mahinder still looks upset. Look at the way he dresses and says that he loves guys like him. Daaji notices that Mahinder is upset and asks about what's wrong. Mahinder says that I haven't told you that a woman called me and talked about Dev's family...she wanted to tell us something about them. Next morning I am going to go meet her...but Daaji gets angry and says that a woman that you don't even're going to believe her. Don't you dare go meet her! Mahinder says but we still haven't found Taaji's parjai's haar...when Titu comes in and says look at what I found. Turns out to beTaaji's necklace. Tayaji asks Titu where he found it when he says that he found it under the sofa...he sends him away.
Dolly and Rajjo tell Geet that in Canada she will have to wears jeans because they don't wear salwaar suits there (um..excuse me but I am wearing one right this instantAngry) Geet says that I don't want to wear jeans what's wrong with my salwar suit. The phone rings and Taaji picks it's Dev on the other side...he says that can I talk to Geet? She calls Geet saying that there is a call for her..Dolly asks but who has called Geet...when Taaji exclaims in anger her gharwale ne who else? Geet is nervous! On the other hand, Daaji yells at Mahinder for doubting Dev's leave this matter and get ready to go the wedding tomorrow. But Mahinder thinks please forgive me but I am going to go and see that woman tomorrow for sure!

Edited by richa23 - 05 January 2012 at 7:55am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

geetaddict Senior Member

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Episode 9:
The most striking thing for me about this episode apart from of course the precap showing the much awaited entry of our heartthrob in his first and most glorious NP avatarEmbarrassed was the subdued Brij. We are so used to his yells of oye that to have him say dialogues in a normal tone was disconcerting to say the least.
Anyway things did move on again at a good pace.So Geet's aunt wants to know why Geet's mom gave the very necklace she asked not to give. Poor innocent Geet's mom says she actually put it away and does not know how it went missing. Again only Geet's dad has the sense to recollect Kamya's shifty behaviour and mention it. And again only Dolly has the guts to state the obvious - Kamya is a thief. Daarji once again shuts up the sensible thoughts with his roar.
 And when Geet's dad attempts for the umpteenth time to talk about the call our dear Brij interrupts him again. And I hear his normal tone and without his usual josh it sounded a little bit lifeless. And he says he saw Dev's family going to Hoshiarpur when they were supposed to meet the astrologer at the guest house.
 As the men of the house go in search of Dev our Sweet Geet who is now really taken by all of Dev's drama of caring for her is also worried and says she trusts him and they will not do the wrong thing. Everytime I see these instances of a young girls trust on a guy and then think of how that guy goes on to cheat her and rob her of her innocence in almost a brutal way I almost feel like cursing him just like Channi's mom did. AngryOK thats enough of Dev hating for one day.

And after finding the guest house locked Geet's dad is worried about how he will tell his daughter that the guy she has been weaving dreams about is a cheat. His concern for her happiness and feelings is just awww Day Dreamingespecially when he has been born and brought in a such a male oriented family and society.
But when Geet opens the door she is blushing and smiling thanks to our great naatak baaz family. NT says Dev did not like the fact that they took Geet's jewels.So they exchanged their "dollars" and bought jewellery. I am sure they are all fake.The master mind of our dear NT got to be admired. She not only managed to get a clean chit but also impressed and made Daarji feel guilty for maybe having suspected them a little bit enough for him to give away 40 L worth of jewellery to them.Waah Waah kya baath hey NT ji.
Of course Geet's aunt and Dolly are not happy about it. Geet's admiration for Dev also unfortunately increases and they have an eyelock which i think is Geet's way of mock practising the smouldering eye locks she has later with her real destinyTongue. Kamya teases Geet and then tells her about Dev liking lasagne. I thought Dev was the only devil but Kamya is not far behind. How does it matter what Dev likes to eat when she knows quite well Geet is never going to get a chance to cook it for him anyway.AngryWorried her for nothing. AngryDolly has the perfect recipe for lasagne of course. LOLBut I don't know why they think we don't get garlic in Canada and tease poor Dolly on confusing her italian and chinese.
Finally Geet's dad gets a chance to voice his doubts regarding the honesty of Dev's family and also is able to discuss the call with Daarji. But not a good timing, especially after they have made a great impression of a "pure as milk" family before Daarji. So Daarji says that to doubt the guy's family is not the right thing to do, especially somebody as "honest" as our Dev. Geet's dad mentions the lost necklace but unfortunately for him the necklace turns up. So Kamya didn't take it after all or it maybe later revealed that she did take it but NT returned it to avoid suspicion. Will have to see the next episode to find out.Got to wait for the next few episodes to find out. It is fun to watch these episodes for the first time. There is also an element of suspense along with the predictabilitySmile. So Daarji gets the right ammunition to prohibit Geet's dad from seeing the lady in the call.

I am sure when Dolly says about wearing jeans in Canada though the character Geet was hesitant I am sure Dhrashti would have said "yay..if only I could".  I was looking at the old spamdomain interview that GC and DD gave before the Maahi Maahi dance sequence and she says if she were given a chance to change her wardrobe she would be in jeans and t shirts. Though I love her patialas before marriage I wish they had given decent kurti and jeans or something similar rather than those "burn if you see them" awful tentsDisapprove. So when I saw the dress dada late on when they showed interviews during the last day of Geet and I saw how old he was I was like no wonder.Confused Difficult to associate dress sense to our old dada.
Dev calls to talk to Geet. Again got to wait to find out what he says to her.Though Daarji strongly tells him not to think the worst of his future in laws I completely adore Geet's dadClap for taking the decision to ignore Daarji. It shows that for him his daughter's safety and well being matters more than family pride.  

And of course the precap Heart. Eagerly waiting for the next episode and writing the thesis on our Dhak Dhak Dusht Danav's entry.Embarrassed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top