Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 19)

geetaddict Senior Member

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged

Geet saved by the bell in this case the yell of the broker lady. The lady was giving Geet disdainful looks but sings Geet's praises with Dev's family. Typical marriage broker behaviour.

But I did like the fact that though it must have been quite painful Geet did not let Darji or Brij see her tears. That gives us an idea of how brave Geet can be. It was really painful to see Geet's hands and how she cringes when her mom applies the medicine.
It was a contrast to watch how mad Darji was and in the same tone he was ordering preparations
for a happy event. And of course his warning to Geet which I am sure we will see him put in action later.
Though Dolly might have said it in a lighter vein but she does say she too had been hit for gossiping. Abusing daughter in laws! now thats really low .Not that i support hurting your daughter but I hope you get what I mean. At least Geet is able to talk freely to her mom.she may not be of great help but at least she listens without scolding her and is quite loving if you ignore the brainwashed daughter in law attitude.
Geet somehow seems to have a sixth sense of foreboding not about the fact that she will be cheated but that her marriage will get fixed soon despite everyone saying to the contrary. Poor Dolly had to get hitched with Brij when she could have had a Canna-dah NRI (hopefully a genuine guy not like Dev).
The red Duppatta suits Geet so well. It is one of the cutest Duppattas. When I see Dev's mom I am reminded of her later Vamp image. Now was that a transformation or what! And the sister's talk and attitude seems to be too genuine for them to be hired actors. So either Dev Maan has a very big family with Dev Maan Annie and Manya (is that name right?) or there were too many transformations.
Dev's entry was really good and made quite an impression. I am sure there is some symbolism there which as usual eludes me.Confused I was wondering though why Dev's mom and NT were so hung up about the girl being besharam when all they were interested was only the money anyway. I guess they were trying to put up an image of a family that actually cares about these things. It pains everyone including Geet to see Darji bow his head. But the aunt was being extra cautious by asking to take Geet from there once she hears Daarji calling Geet's name in that dangerous way.
Dev's statement "She is the kind of girl I was looking for." Knowing what happens later too I am not so sure what he meant.Maybe he was genuinely taken by Geet and her innocence even if he goes to exploit it later. I think NT kind of thinks so too because even later she finds Geet a genuine threat to her marriage.
Precap :asking the girl her willingness to marryShockedUnheard of in the Handa family.lets see what Darji says to that.
That was one long analysis. Sorry if I bored you people.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-richierich- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
@richa- Thanks for embedding the vidsHug
Why not give your POVs -and revive some memories??
@geetaddict- I think I've excelled at writing an over-long take too-so we sail in same boat not to worry -check it out,just updatedLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged
@geetaddict- Beautifully descriptive take -it was fab recapBig smile
Yup - that "marriage broker" lady deliberately showed dual faces- coz at the end of day milking profit is her interest -thats why the hue & cry when she explained she didn't track NRI groom's credentials and introduced coz they gave her money for a match with good dowry after Geet being duped & abandoned incidentOuch
Ya -if its any consolation Geet's mother was a listener though as you mentioned her "brainwash" didn't go down well
Plus Dev's ambigous line-"She's the type of girl I was in search of" was confusing
Ok gotta rush bye

Edited by Lily201 - 20 December 2011 at 9:22am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

leverne IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Okies ma analysis for first and second epi...i loved how the characters were introduced in the first episods showing the background and thinking of each character. Geet wanted freedom but was bound by regulations. Geet was so scared in front of dev as she didnt have her dupatta on. Loved Tito how he told geet to go home as he cant match up to her speed, knowing well that he wont be questioned if he came late. But geet could never leave him alone. One thing i noticed is that Tito said when darji is at home the door is closed. So did it mean that he was the type of dictator who always kept the women inside the house. I felt so bad when geet extended her hand to receive the beating from him but she didnt make a sound. But as soon as he was out she cried out in pain. tayiji somewhere didnt empathise with geets pain. Her mother was sweet enough to soothe her but she could do nothing much in the house. Her father too remained a mere spactator to all the pain geet endured. I am happy Tito though the youngest in the family could stand by what is true and just. Dev and his family hmmm i dont know what to say as i have not seen initial episodes till now. But they are playing up a perfect act in front of her family. Geet didnt want to get married at an early age but she couldnt even speak it out in front of her mother. what a poor thing, she has no one to share her feelings with.
Dev ki behan has a big mouth and doesn't know what to say and when to say. My heart just went out for geet. There was no one in her family who could support her. Uff Thats it...wrote analysis after real long.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURS Senior Member

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged
episode 2

geet is sad because she does not want to get married so soon but her family decides for her otherwise

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

geetaddict Senior Member

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
@ richa I do need lessons on the embedding thing.
@lily yeah we did give each other a tough competitionSmile. But it is very interesting to see how the same thing leaves some same and some completely different impressions on people. Thats is the fun of this thread I think. I hope we have at least a similar response as we had yesterday so we can continue to do this.
@samana whenever you get to read this. Hope you had a great time at the anniversary celebrations. looking forward to reading your take as well 2 morrow as its an early night for me on weekdays.
@all TTFN

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nirvanica15 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Episode started with where is ended in the previous one.. What stuck in my head after the first scene was Geet holding up until Darji left the scene and started crying...Shows she was strong from the beginning but just was alone and nobody to support her... Thats why when she found some support later on she held on to it ...

And Geet was skeptical from the beginning about the marriage and how fast things are moving, but there was no one to listen to her concerns, and everybody just wanted to make sure that they like Geet..

Initially when I saw NT, i thought she was pretty, and Kamya was irritating and Pammy was meak...
And Darji bowing his head infront of evryone was a good scene.. What surprised me yesterday and today, was nobody was concerned that Geet was in an accident, and nobody even bothered to check if she was OK... And even Dev's family knew there was an accident and still were worried about her not having a dupatta on... They didnt have to act in the car, since there was nobody from Geet's family...I guess it was just a build up to show that they are a family of values as well...

And Dev saying she is exactly the girl he was look forAngry, but if I keep aside Dev's character, he did seem like a knight in shining armor who came to rescue Geet from the clutches of her family...He looked soft and like a person who cares and dont believe in all these rules ...

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top