Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 18)

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Faria: If you're reading this ..
The Kite Runner is also the only book that has brought tears to my eyes.. and you want to know when I cried in that book? When I found out Hassan died. THAT was just like a blow to my heart .. I WANTED .. so badly wanted for Hassan to stay alive but ... =( I guess sometimes you just cannot control how the world works..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
@Shivi: I loved your comparison between Maan and Dev, with the dupattas! Dev looks all chivalrous and charming on the outside but when push comes to shove, he just can't give back Geet's dupatta in time for it to be of any use to her. On the other hand, Maan's personality is like a slap in the face to poor, sheltered Geet, but he never fails to return her dupatta. I love that Maan is the first person in her life to have expectations of logic, truth and righteousness from Geet. And by having these expectations and mocking her for not meeting them, Maan propels her to be a better version of herself!

@Shammo: Great point about the undertone of truth in all the dialogues. This really foreshadows wha the struggle of the protagonist will be about. I guess we do have to thank Dev for what he did! Though I would never wish Geet's situation on anyone, we can't deny that it would have been such a waste for her not to end up in Delhi, independent and professionally successful!

And what are you saying? Your thoughts were perfectly articulate and great to read!

As for the dove, all I can think is peace. But maybe it is a symbol of freedom, flying away etc. Along with truth, freedom is also a major theme in the show. Geet frees herself from her past oppression from her family and Maan frees his emotions from a self-imposed prison. So maybe the doves are symbolic of that?

@Z: Great take!

And agree on the music. That was spot in from day one! I actually really love the title song as well. It's too bad it became somewhat redundant and sidelined after the loves story came in full swing and sort of became overshadowed by Maahii but it's good that we are going back to relive all this for that reason. The song is happy and light at first and then goes into a wailing tone when it sais Geet hui sabse parayi... and it is so sad because we already knows what that means. That song is so Geet and so apt for the story because it shows this happy, positive girl who hides a lot of sorrow, which is what she eventually becomes in Delhi. I also loved your point about the bhangra and how Geet defines the philosophy she speaks during the Behne De sequence. This girl does not miss out on the small joy just because she is in a less than ideal life situation!

Yes, and they made Dev so believable as a knight in shining armour who would sweep Geet away to Cann-ade-ah LOL and take care of all her problems. It really makes us see the story along with Geet. I can't wait to see what my first reaction to Maan will be in this context! You know, other than my eyes popping out of my head at his sheer beauty! Embarrassed

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

shammo Groupbie

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
@Samana, loved this part-- 'Geet frees herself from her past oppression from her family and Maan frees his emotions from a self-imposed ' Yes, you are right about the freedom that is another basis of this story. Yes, that is what the doves symbolised. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:29am | IP Logged
@All: I need a huge favour from somebody.

Today is my parents' wedding anniversary and I will be out in the evening. Can someone post the episode between 8-9pm IST. You just have have follow the format mentioned on page 5, which is to embed the episode and find and copy the written update, giving credit to the original writer.

I will watch the episode and do my take when I come back in the night but I want the timings of the episodes to be fairly consistent so people can look out for updates.

Any volunteers?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sia221 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 3:31am | IP Logged
Finally.. I cud see.. the epi.. without any interruption..
I m seeing this epi.. for d very first time... not even seen it on YT...
I will say GHSP.. had a totally diff std.. as compared to what v r seeing right now... may b I m biased.. dont know..
The opening scene itself.. showed that...this is nothing to do with kitchen politics,saas-bahu fight...etc etc.. but will b addressing a real social issue..
God..I dont believe this.. where did they start with... n what was shown in d last few months...
Anyways...* shaking my head*
I really liked d epi.. some of d things...

GEET - (the protagonist) naughty,young,innocent girl... who is kind of a BELIEVER..(dont know if it is d right word)who does not want to give up in life so easily...

DARJI- n his right hand.. BRIJ.. (though he is younger ) hav n upper hand in d family.. the authoritative figures.. mostly bcoz.. only they both share d same views..same principles.. 

RAJJI n TITO- young sibs..who  love Geet a lot...they hav their own special bonding..

CHACHI - typical elder female/wife.. who has seen everything in d house may b even gone through..since many appears to b stern..but in a way concerned abt Geet..

Entry of d so-called supposed to b d Hero.. DEV.. LOLLOL

So v see.. Handa parivaar.. their values,traditions,beliefs...their mind-set... which was very nicely shown n covered in d first epi itself...

All in all.. the stage is set.. n journey of GEET HANDA begins...

one last thing... last scene wer Geet was rudely beaten by Daarji.. n no one even dared to speak in btwn...she was all helpless.. it was n emotional one...coz now I  know somebody like MSK will come in her life later.. n will giv her d respect n love that she never got...Smile

Thank u Samana.. so much for initiating this thread.. N sending me a PM too..Smile
Also its nice.. so many ppl r participating in this.. n sharing their views...Smile

Edited by sia221 - 20 December 2011 at 7:42am

Lily201 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged
@all- Samana's tied up at the moment, so she's asked me to post the vids & WU-on her behalf but she'll be back later with her thought provoking analysis aka Samanalysis Cool
Here goes:
Part 1:

Part 2

Written Update

Edited by Lily201 - 20 December 2011 at 7:54am

geetaddict Senior Member

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged

Thanks Lily. I was trying to embed the video like Samana had said but then it did not work out.Posting the links was definitely a good idea. Will be back with the analysis.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201 Goldie

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:29am | IP Logged

This indeed was the first epi I watched - and despite myself couldn't help being drawn to Geet's chronicles the next epi-never knew the reason why but I'd sort of formed a bit of motherly concern for Geet (though I was same age as hers at that timeLOL) -the way she had to suffer in hands of her conservative Daarji & cousin Brij.

Honestly Brij-is a complete antithesis to a caring,protective bro - he supresses & insists on restricting Geet only to safeguard the honour of "family name" ,not to safeguard  her honour and then they celebrate "raksha bandhan"Stern Smile
The simple yet authentically beautiful setting of Handa haveli with a wide verandah -gives the "feel" of the HP setting of show wonderfully.
The epi starts on heart-clenchingly painful note as Geet breaks down with her humiliation, emotional & physical scars that Daarji made -with that stick and till the end of his orders of various facilities for "ladkewale"-her hand was still lifted in submission.
Her sobs really drew your sympathy & even while the two women Rano ,Rupinder went to "console" her the first action was to wrap a dupatta for which she'd been punished so ruthlessly-coz Daarji as he says in his own words:"tum koi aasman se aayi koi pari nahi ho jo humare kaayde tumahare liye lagoo na ho".
Wow!! Just realized-its stark contrast to how Maan drew her out of her fear & the way Daarji aroused fear -coz Maan had earlier sarcastically said that she was no "pari" to be helped out of her distress.
For Rano,Rupinder -this scenario was ordinary as they made her ready for ladkewale -which struck Geet so hard that she immediately came from her crying to plead she didn't want to get married & that too so far away from her homeplace.
Rano replied that how Geet's questions couldn't be given credence as against Daarji's ordain-an irony to fact that one day the same girl would question their authorityApprove
Dev's family consisting of Pammi mummy,NT & Kamya - came all looking quite calm & aristrocratic -though that was mere camouflage.
You could see Daarji glowing in praises of his household being well known,while a hyperactive Kamya burst in active commrentry of her experiences that drew Rupinder out of his shell though he immediately calmed down coz of "looks" of family to conduct formallyLOL
Then poor Geet being spurned for an unfavourable "impression" on boy's family as she felt sad at- her family having to lower their heads in shame -which was her utmost fearOuch 

Edited by Lily201 - 20 December 2011 at 9:10am

Go to top