Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 13)

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged
@Tulip: Thanks for the emos! We want all kinds of analysis on the episode! If everyone did symbolism that might get a tad boring, no? So thanks for the pop and colour you brought to the thread!

@Anjali: I thought of making a separate thread everyday but this felt more organised and easy for the time being. We will see how things go and change the format if we need to. There is an index on the first page so it is easy to navigate. But I wanted to try keeping it all in one thread so people could find it easily in their posts and I don't have to PM as often.

Speaking of which, this is a notice for everyone. I am not PMing again until this thread reaches 150 pages and we start a new one. Just look out for the updates around 8-9pm IST. When we start a new thread I will send a PM to everyone with the link. I hope this is ok with everyone?

@Faria: I know right? Words like horrific, sinister and ominous come to mind. You could just feel death coming in that scene and invoking that feeling is some fine artistry!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSanjalireddyy84Lily201nirvanica15ISHQSalmanSepriyachand-sumaiya-swan20roseinbloom

TRULYOURS Senior Member
TRULYOURS
TRULYOURS

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged
ok guys keep discussing... hope this place creates new memories to cherish forever... 

@ samana: glad u like my idea Tongue... will try to update with you as much as possible...

Edited by TRULYOURS - 19 December 2011 at 10:26am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-swan20

ritzy09 IF-Rockerz
ritzy09
ritzy09

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:29am | IP Logged

What an analysis Sam…kudos to you.

To me Episode 1, set the tone of the serial GHSP….at least till the original story and character sketch was maintained. It showed how well the original team had visualized and scripted the series. Probably the reason for it's success in golden days.

As you said, we are doing it backwards, so probably it is easier to identify with the symbolism.

Starting scene…I still remember when I first saw it. I had goose bumps thinking initially that it was Geet. The lady acted so well and then the way she says "Veerji".  To me that defined the Handa family.  For them, family Honour was above family relationships including sacred brother-sister relationship.

And then other members of the family. Women conditioned to their men…already upholding the same family honour. I actually loved Tayi's character. It was bang on. A strict elder bahu of the family who is trying to balance the expectations of entire family. They way she asks Rano to take care of Geet was like hitting nail on the head.

I always felt Dolly's character was underdeveloped. They never showed the complexity in a relationship she must have faced married to a man like Brij. Her exuberance over a new suit and fear of her husband were just small glimpses of that complexity.

What surprised me though was meekness of Geet's mom. Later, we saw that Mohinder Handa tries to at least fight for safety of his daughter. But Rano was completely at her family's mercy. "Bas woh Haan Kardein". It still rings in my mind. They did say yes, but see where that led Geet.

Even in episode 1 there were glimpses that though Daarji and Brij had same philosophy, Daarji still had some bare morals behind it whereas Brij was just a psycho who was reigned in by his grandfather.

And then entry of Geet.  Oh dear….it felt like a fresh breeze of air, cutting thorough the suffocation of her family. Her never say die attitude, zeal, love for Punjabi food, love for her sister, her always helping nature….all that was laid out upfront in that introduction. But what touched me was the way she gave into Tito's demand. She was worried but her nature to please her loved ones took better of her fear of her family.

Last but not the least – "Dev". I could have never guessed that he was going to be a villan. Paami and NT had that look but Dev. Dear me, even I fell for his charm. He tries to help her and give her back her dupatta. For few moments he just seemed so smitten by the raw innocence of the village girl. Loads of time, people have commented that he did not know how to act. But I will say this, for me he acted a two faced man perfectly.  I fell for his charm just like Geet. It was so believable and that just heightened the disgust I felt when he wronged Geet in the worst possible way.

Last scene where Daarji punishes Geet even after it was clear that it was Titi's fault. That was heart wrenching but the message was loud and clear – "It is always a woman's mistake. And if by chance it is not, even then , it is always a woman who has to suffer"

And a story was born. Story of a girl who fought that very message.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoredfoxnirvanica15Lily201anjalireddyy84latekatelams-richierich-SamanalyseISHQSalmanSe-sumaiya-roseinbloom

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
@anisaf: To be honest, it was my first time watching this too. Embarrassed And I am so glad we decided to have this discussion because otherwise I would never have got up the guts to watch moments such as Geet being caught without her dupatta. That made me cringe!

She does look incredibly young and vulnerable here. I think the lack of kajal adds to that effect as well as she looks so simple, pure and wholesome. This will naturally enhance the tragedy when it strikes. Cry

@Swan: Girl, you hit the nail on the head! Forgetting Dev's crime was the most negative the show could possibly get! Angry

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

anjalireddyy84Lily201nirvanica15ritzy09-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSeswan20

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSeritzy09

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

anjalireddyy84latekateLily201nirvanica15Samanalyseritzy09-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSe

redfox Senior Member
redfox
redfox

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
This is a great idea..Thank you for doing this..

I had seen the first episode for DD because I loved her as muskaan but was quite sceptical about the show as it was a drama with social issues being telecast in star one, a self confessed youth channel..And the first episode did nothing to allay the scepticism...
The violence in the opening scene made me wonder whether I should watch it further but decided to give it a try for few episodes and boy am I glad for that or what..
Even though the first episode wasn't to my taste a few things did stand out right from the start..
The first scene itself portrayed the crux of the story- Honour Killing...that's how the show was different from others..It almost always followed the trend of being crisp and to the point..
Also what struck me was the quality of the scene..the direction acting, direction, cinematography, evertything was top class and this made it even more impactful.

Then comes the introduction of the main character of the show- GEET...
Now that I am watching it again I have to say that I simply loved how they portrayed Geet in the first episode..
Though she is scared of the elders there is this inherent need for independence and justice in her. Inspite of being frowned upon, she goes to college, rides a scooter because she loves to, tries to reason with daarji when he hits her even though she knows reasoning with him wont work..all these small details are pointers that when time will come she will fight for justice..when pushed beyond limits..she'll stop tolerating...

Coming to Dev..when I first saw the episode I dent know that he was supposed to cheat Geet and had actually liked him..but seeing them today makes me cringe. .His car coming towards her caused her to have an accident and made her cousin and her fall. .just like his entry into her life will be the cause of loss of honour on her and family's part..

All in all it was a well directed episode and good casting

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

lamsanjalireddyy84latekateLily201nirvanica15Samanalyseritzy09ISHQSalmanSe-sumaiya-

nirvanica15 Goldie
nirvanica15
nirvanica15

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
@Faria
Thats a very profound quote and a true to the word...
I  loved his kite runner...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

redfoxLily201Samanalyseritzy09

Go to top