Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
episode 42:
a well co-ordineted episode even with the darkness in the background... the night and the jungle made the vision almost impossible but we were given more insight into the escape and the chase with the scary commands of the hunters...
sam loved ur take on the taveez... so correct...
the taveez also seems to be babaji's reassurance to gete that help was on the way...
potrayal of the primitive animal instincts of the hunters especially brij need a special mention...
bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: bangalores

episode 42:
a well co-ordineted episode even with the darkness in the background... the night and the jungle made the vision almost impossible but we were given more insight into the escape and the chase with the scary commands of the hunters...
sam loved ur take on the taveez... so correct...
the taveez also seems to be babaji's reassurance to gete that help was on the way...
 the primitive animalistic projection  of the hunters especially brij need a special mention...

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
EPISODE 43

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61W84QZh7WI[/YOUTUBE]

Written Update (prettyfulwishes)

Recap: Geet gets chased by Brij's men, she sees Maan driving and calls out to him; Maan looks back to see who screamed, and almost collides into a tree; Gurwinder and Geet are running and Gurwinder comes across Channi's body; Gurwinder punches some men, Geet runs but gets slashed in the back; Geet collapses and Brij moves to cut her head when a hand stops his sword...

The episode starts with Maan preventing the sword from cutting Geet. Brij asks Maan what he's doing here, and for him to get lost - "or in this herogiri, you too will lose your life" and Maan replies that once he stepped forward, he never learnt to step back - what he came here to do, he will do it. And with that, he backhand punches Brij!
Maan has the sword in his hand, fights Brij's men, and then proceeds to beat up Brij. He watches Brij collapse, and then rushes over to Geet, who is in immense pain. He moves to pick her up, when Brij kicks him from behind. Brij manages to cut Maan a bit, but Maan gets the better hand, and somehow grabs the sword, holds it at Brij's neck and tells him to get his men to back off. Brij does so, and Maan tells him to run before he changes his mind. Brij scampers off.
The fight being over, he rushes back to Geet, and tries to wake her up. He pushes a strand of hair off her forehead, and she wakes up. When she realises it's Maan, she hugs him (Even though I'm a D&G fan... I am definitely lovin' ManEet right now...) and he hugs her back... with a slight smile.

Back at the ranch (ie. Geet's house) Darji is standing when Mahinder comes and asks Darji where Brij is. He realises Brij ran after Geet - and begs him to call Brij off. Rajinder and Nurpinder also beg to spare Geet's life, when Brij comes back all bloody and dirty.
Mahinder asks him where Geet is; what did he do to her? Mahinder screams for Brij to tell him. Brij replies that he killed her. In the background, Rano goes into shock and screams "Hai Rabba" before falling on the floor. Darji on the other hand thinks silently that Brij is hiding something from him.

Back in the jungle, Maan is carrying Geet. He stops and wonders what to do - he realises he has to keep her safe in the jungle tonight (I don't why, but that song "In the Jungle" comes to mind*). He sees a door, kicks it open, and sees haystacks everywhere. He gently places Geet on one, trying not to cause her too much pain, firmly closes the door, and finds a lantern and matches. He lights it up, and when he holds it up, he ends up staring at Geet before realising, and quickly looks away. He puts the lantern down, and watches her.
He thinks to himself that as hard as it is to understand Geet, it's so much harder to understand her family. She hid her boyfriend (ie. Gurwinder) in her house, her brother wants to kill her, and God knows what else (nawww, he has the cutest accent). But whatever has happened, isn't right - they wanted to kill her?!
Just then he starts getting a bit dizzy, but thinks to himself that as long as she's with him, no harm can come to her. He just needs to get through tonight, and then he'll take her out of the jungle.

Back at Geet's house, Rano and Mahinder are sitting in Geet's room shocked. Brij on the other hand is cleaning himself up, thinking about what happened in the jungle. Just then, Darji comes inside and asks Brij to tell him the truth. Brij tells him that Geet is alive, and Darji goes into shock saying that Brij's mistake will be costly for them - how long will they be able to keep this a secret?
Brij tells Darji not to worry, he is going to finish Geet once and for all, and grabs a gun out of his wardrobe. Before the next morning, he will finish the job. He walks out of the house all cleaned up, and ready to go.

Back in the hiding place, Geet is having a dream about what happened to her. She calls out for Brij not to hurt her as she's doing nothing wrong. Maan, who was dozing off to sleep hears this, and watches her. He's still getting sleepy but tells himself that Geet will be depending on him.
Meanwhile, Brij is back with his men (fark, don't they get tired?) and Brij tells them to go looking for Geet, and that they should just kill them, no questions asked.
Maan ends up falling asleep as Brij is looking for them, but just as quickly wakes up, and looks around the room to see if anyone's come in. When he realises they're safe, he notices the cut on Geet's arm, and has a flashback of the first time he saved her - Geet notices his hand is bleeding, and ties a handkerchief around the cut.
Remembering that, Maan finds a hankie in his pocket, and ties that around her arm. He looks satisfied when he notices Geet is still in pain. He sees her moving her leg, and realises she's bleeding there as well. He slowly pulls her pants up, and notices the gash. Their background music plays as he looks on.

Brij is getting fustrated as he can't seem to find them - and takes it out on his men. But suddenly, one of them sees blood on a rock, and touches it. He says it's fresh, and alerts the others to go looking in that direction. Brij and co. run off.
Back in the hiding place, Maan wonders what to do, and thinks again to when Geet tied the hankie around his hand. He takes off his shirt, and rips it. He ties that piece of the shirt to her leg. When he's done, he sits back. But Geet is again begging for Brij to leave her, and when Maan goes to touch her leg, she sits up and holds onto him. Maan almost decides to hold her, but decides against it. Geet is crying, and wakes up. She realises she's holding onto Maan, and looks up at him. He looks down at her, and the episode ends on them gazing at each other.

Precap:
Maan tells Geet that if she feels differently, she can go to the police and use the sword to file a report against Brij - as it's got Maan's blood on it as well as Brij's fingerprints.

Episode 42: So much symbolism in this episode! The taveez bringing them together is definitely a sign that their destiny is aligned - they are meant to be.

I loved how Geet, even in all that pain & suffering, perserveres & continues to escape even when Gurvinder wants her to go. This backs up the foundations for a new, strong Geet who emerges in Delhi, a Geet who is determined to fight for justice, a Geet who won't back down at any cost & who will foresee all the problems that come her way.

& who better to foresee her problems with her than our Maan? The way he immediately turned around after hearing her call proves that his instincts are telling him that the voice is familiar...

I winced when I first watched this episode, the scene numerous times & know when Geet got cut so horrifically. Her injuries were heartbreaking, what really moved me was her plea to Brij - how could be so heartless towards his own sister?

But of course the defining moment came when Maan saved her  - huge symbolism!!! We all know from this pivotal scene that Maan will enter Geet's life & become her pillar & her strength.

It also shows that he clearly cares for Geet (although I doubt anyone wouldn't do something to prevent her from being killed) but the look in his eyes as he glares at the sword proves that he's determined to ensure no harm comes her way.

P.S. sorry I'm so many episodes behind, I only discovered this post yesterday & was gutted when I realised I missed out on all the analysis of the other episodes! But I'll be regular from now :)
Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago
Episode 43: Ok so Maaneet definitely stole the show for me in this episode! This episode is so important as the attraction really starts to blossom between the two... but it's not all about romance as right now our Maan is too busy trying to save Geet.

I bet Brij wasn't expecting Maan to come out of nowhere & stop him (ha in your face) & I loved how he took care of Geet (can I just say that Maan moving Geet's hair strand away whilst staring with so much concern in his eyes for her still gives me butterflies to this day! He develops a liking for Geet's hair strands) & the hug! Their first hug! I never expected Maan to hug her back, that too with a small smile on his face - whether he was smiling because she hugged him or relief that she was okay is still uncertain to me...

Anyways moving on, Maan must be super strong if he carried Geet through the jungle & that too with himself being so wounded. Usually I find jungle scenes in Indian dramas so cliched as they all go down the same route but this was one was something special! It was more about Maan looking after Geet & protecting her (although he is distracted by her beauty at times, such as when he lights the candle & gazes at her face for a full 6 seconds, yes I counted!)

Urgh Brij & his useless men are so freaking determined, but what had me so angry was Darjee telling him to finish her off! I knew her family were very strict & orthodox, but telling him to kill off your own granddaughter while her parents weep in agony over what they presume as the loss of their beloved Geet is really disgusting & heartless. Fitteh moo Darjee!

Geet's pleading in her sleep shows how distressed & traumatised she is by the whole experience, & Maan can clearly see that. But I loved how he referred to Gurvinder earlier as her boyfriend in a bitter tone - do I sense a little jealousy there? *wink wink*

It goes to show that Geet's actions always affected him from day one as he remembers all the times she took care of him & how he should do the same. I loved how tender he was with her, the caring & gentle side of Maan really came through - & of course his hesitation to pull up her trouser leg; what a gentleman, he even looked away!

Geet's sudden hug to Maan clearly took him back - on her part it was for comfort more than anything else, as was their earlier jungle hug. But for Maan, to me it seemed like it was a little something more as he goes to hug her then hesitates & decides not to (but you hugged her so willingly before so why not now?!)

*sighs* their dreamy gazing at each other, Maan is so mesmerised by her even when she's just narrowly escaped the clutches of death. His eyes seem to sparkle when he looks down at her with a lost expression as her eyes work wonders on him.

This has to be one of my favourite HP episodes, although I always wished their jungle stay had been a little longer - purely for their blossoming attraction moments!

Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Geet episode 43:

Maan was definitely looking like a hero in white. 😳😳Only the horse was missingπŸ˜†. And thanks to his experience as Ram he was good at swordfights too.πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰ Though Sia did remind me about MSK being Rajinikanth's brother I felt during the first part of the fight that it is not possible that he does not even get a scratch on him. πŸ˜•Of course the second part of the fight seemed more real. Please do not think I wanted MSK hurt but however macho and talented, when one person fights against 4 murderers, all yielding swords, it is natural that he will at least get hurt a little bit.πŸ˜•πŸ˜• I know I am being such a spoilsport but "kya karoon oh ladies mei hoon aadat sei majboor"πŸ˜‰. I blame it on the earlier CVs. It is just that in all the episodes till now every character is so identifiable and there is so much logic ingrained in every scene. Even a rude and irritable MSK is understandable but when he is portrayed larger than life I start cribbing. I seem to relate to him better when he is treated human rather than God like.

All that apart I did laugh at Brij πŸ˜†when fearing his life he asks his friends to go and he too flees the place like the sissy that he actually is.πŸ˜› Geet in her shock hugging Maan and taking strength from his presence and Maan too offering that support again was a completely natural reaction especially after both their lives have been at stake. 😊Maan would have definitely looked like Babaji's angel to Geet. I don't think right now there is any romantic angle to it. It is a reaction of two people who are glad they are alive.😊

When I saw Brij slip away I could not believe he would actually give up this quick. True to his nature he regroups and comes back.😑 When they hear that Geet is dead from Brij's mouth the shock that her parents experience is understandable though being the dad of a girl as brave as Geet I hope when he comes out of the shock Moninder thinks seriously about handing Brij over to the police. Again I am shocked to see Daarji's response. 😲😲He was actually disappointed that Brij had not finished his job and actually was criticizing him for that and giving him reasons why it was important to finish Geet off. 😲😑I understand that it maybe bcos the actor portraying Geet's dad may not have been available but why oh why did they invite this murderer to the marriage.😭😭 They might have as well invited Brij(He was anyway there uninvited) and asked him to do kanyadan.😑😑

Then of course comes the omnipresent tabela. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†But in this scene it did not look out of place. People do have places like that in the jungle and most times it is unoccupied. And the setting too looked natural and so did Maan's actions.πŸ‘πŸΌ Like looking for the lantern and then finding the matchsticks in the hay. It was not like the scenes later on where the lantern was already glowing and everything looked so tidy clean and made up with artificial props like the Amritsar one.😑 OK Paro don't even go there.πŸ˜’

Maan fighting sleep and trying desperately to keep his eyes open despite being bone tired was really natural. Also despite his best efforts when he dozes off too it was such a normal thing to do. Like I said when they show him human there is nothing to criticize.He gets a small but much needed eyeshut after which he definitely appears rejuvenated. When his arm hurts his thoughts and attention are drawn to Geet's hurt.😳😳 It is cute to see how each and every interaction with Geet is etched real deep in his mind. 😳😳He almost seems to be taking cues from her previous actions when he tends to her injuries.πŸ˜ƒ And the way he hesitates so much and averts his eyes while tending to the knife wound in her leg was just sooo cuuute(pulling his cheeks Geet style). This scene also highlights another contrast between Dev and Maan. Dev does not think twice about physical contact especially of the lustful kind with any girl and also tries his best to take advantage of the situation like he did with Geet at the hotel.😑😑 But here is another guy who is so hesitant to actually give a girl a first aid on her leg.πŸ˜²πŸ˜† We see this chivalry of Maan even later on when he barges into Geet's dressing room and then throws the dupatta on her and when he changes her after the rain scene. It is also this special characteristic of Maan that adds that extra zing when he actually gets close or passionate.☺️

Sia as you can see antiseptic effects are not restricted to dupattas alone, shirts too have them.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† But here again except for Geet's dupatta I could not think of any other bandage Maan could have actually used but then how else could we have seen our "Maan in vest"😳😳 and his gorgeous biceps😳😳. Other than the fingers and the eyes it is his biceps that get me all the time. 😍

It was natural for Geet again to look for physical assurance of her being alive as soon she wakes up from her nightmare. But then she realizes what she is actually doing and who the other person is. 😲The profile shot of Geet and Maan that is shown as a freeze again is one of the best shots ever. 😍Geet in her curly hair without any makeup and that innocence on her face and Maan almost like her savior and that intimacy which this time is not purely platonic I would say. 😳😳😳Maan also realizes that when he stops himself from putting his hand around her. 😳😳Again waiting eagerly for 2morrow when Maan encourages Geet to get justice and eager to see the sherni Geet.

Samanalyse thumbnail
Well this is just a classic isn't it? I am honoured to be writing about this historical episode in the Maaneet and GHSP story. I swear I am getting a little emotional. This is really where it all begins, isn't it? I know the story sort of veers of its set path soon but there is no denying that the new story that emerged was beautiful and for me this is the genesis point.

Maan fighting was a really well shot sequence. I like the way they made use of the dark sets to cover up some of the more obvious cliches in fights and made it look real! I love how Maan's instinct for justice is brought to the fore here and he is able to ward off so many men, when he is originally unarmed. I guess that is the effect of learning to channel and control your strength, rather than to rely on it in its raw form as Brij does.

Speaking of Brij in today's episode, what a COWARD! First he attacks Maan from behind, when Maan is defenseless and trying to help Geet, as can't face him head on and win, and then he has the audacity to tell the family that he killed Geet when he hasn't managed it. This could be because he doesn't want them trying to stop him so he tells them its done, but I think it is because he doesn't have the balls to face up to the fact that he lost the fight and someone was able to defeat him. And of course, Darjee, like the highly concerned grandparent he is, decides to go and check what is eating away at his normally "transparent" grandson. That conversation was truly the most despicable part of the episode! Darjee does not even feel a tiny bit of remorse? Oh and Maan has a gun so now Brij has to have one too. Try all you want Brij, you are never going to match up to our Maan!

Who knew? Even Salman Khan copied GHSP😲, except I think Barry's version of the dialogue was much better. MSK jab kadam aage badta hain to peeche hatna nahin sikha. Tell me more Maan, tell me more...😍 Anyway, Maan was every inch the hero today and it was his episode, both in action and in emotion. I loved the contrast between his smooth but powerful fight with Brij and his impossible gentleness with Geet. The man is clearly very sensitive and the empathy in his eyes when Geet was screaming in her sleep went straight to my heart. The way Geet clung to him was also beautifully done, her relief on being rescued coupled with her semi-conscious state made it some how so primal, so basic for her to cling to Maan.

Aha! And so the infamous tabela-lantern combo is born! All hail! 🀣

When Maan said that nothing could happen to Geet as long as he was with her, it actually reminded me of the way Geet was towards Gurvinder earlier in the night. She would not let anything happen to him as long as she was there. Again, this is another basic quality that Maan and Geet share.

Another connection that I found just mindblowing was that just as we have been discussing how (baba) Maan's teachings recur to Geet when she needs them, and help her stand on her own feet. Now Geet's words and actions echo with Maan. So they are both unconsciously becoming each others' teachers. Maan is himself a loner and does everything for himself which he is teaching Geet, while Geet is teaching Maan how to be aware of what others need and show spontaneous kindness, as well as to give of himself to others (represented by her dupatta and his shirt). So both of them are becoming excellent teachers and students to each other.

Finally, Maan's hesitation as he dressed Geet's wounds was interesting. I think it is a further sign that he is attracted to her, he cares what she would think and what would be comfortable for her. Otherwise he is not the type to hesitate when he knows he is doing something fundamentally right. And Geet's waking up sequence was also brilliant. The way she sort of thought she was still being chased, then I assume she remembered seeing Maan's face and boing! She sprang right into his barely black-vested chest. ☺️ I so look forward to their reactions tomorrow (even though I have seen these parts millions of times. This is DIFFERENT! πŸ˜ƒ)

OH! How can I forget the amazing Maanglish that we got in today's episode!

Gad nosse vott else! 🀣

I love it. ❀️
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
After some really filmy dialogues to Brij.. Maan does save Geet..the action seq was nice.. at that time.. I did not know.. GC has learnt martial arts.. 😲yet I remember..I was marvelled.. by the way.. GC effortlessly was doing the whole fight..he packed some really good punches and kicks...πŸ‘and even Brij was taken aback.. so he just walks away..πŸ˜†

Geet hugs Maan and faints !!!! πŸ˜†Can't blame that poor girl..if just his screen presence leaves ppl like me breathless.. then this immense physical contact..is bound to have THAT effect on her..πŸ˜†also it is their very first hug..😳

And this epi marks..the entry of the most..most imp place in the history of GHSP.. the TABELA/HUT.. what the lavish KM worth in crores could not achieve in 11/2 years.. πŸ˜†this simple..ensenmble.. with only stack of hay...along with its equally hated partner.. The disgusting Lantern..😑was able to achieve in mere 2 epi...not once but twice...😲

Ok.. coming back.. but where did he get the sword from.. suddenly?? just before entering the hut???anyways...

1 full sentence in english.. GC!!!!!  Oh..I m so dead... (I m a big.. big.. fan of his eng..haan..)πŸ˜†

Daarji is shocked..that Brij has failed in his task.. and unhappy that Geet is still alive... Oh.. god.. help.. This man is really disgusting..😑

MSk is truly a pavitra soul.. he actually averts his eyes when he pulled the salwar up..and he leaves behind ALL THE FILMY HEROINES when he tears his (antiseptic) shirt to tie Geet's wound...πŸ˜†

My sec.. most fav hug (that is...after Party tonight.. one)😳and the pose they are in thereafter... the hug one is also continued in the next epi..I liked it better with the awesome BG music...The way DD glues and is literally talking into GC's chest.. I almost saw some sparks flying btwn them for the first time.. and I knew that GC-DD will def stand out and will be a HATKE onscreen couple from the rest...😊😊
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@walkintomylifex Welcome to this thread. Loved reading your takes. πŸ˜ƒ Glad to know you will join us regularly now. So we have one more person who can read symbolismsπŸ‘. Awesome news especially for a symbolism-blind person like moi. I am always amazed at people who can read and interpret them. I am too literal for my own good. How would you like to be addressed? by your profile name or somethng else?
Samanalyse thumbnail
@walkintomylife: Aw! Sorry you didn't know about the thread before. But we are very happy to welcome you aboard now, so welcome! I loved your take as well. There are a lot of unanswered questions that can be regarded in many ways in these episodes. They left so much up to interpretation and the audience to fill in their own little speculations and justifications.

@Paro: Lady, I love what you write everyday, but today was just out of this world! Your take was nothing short of beautiful and I loved reading it.

I agree with the thought that Maan's chivalry elevates his passionate moments. There is something wonderful about the fact that nothing close to that level of intimacy, physical or emotional, is shared with anyone except Geet. It takes the intensity and exclusivity of their relationship to a whole new level, I think.

I also agree about humanising him. It does not at all take away, but adds substantially to his character. The fact that it is so difficult for him to keep his eyes open and finally succumbing to sleep helps us understand how much he is really sticking his neck out for Geet. This is not some easy rescue for a superman but a very real person, doing the best he can to prevent the unthinkable. Excellent stuff, really. Like I said, classic!
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago