Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

JESSICA...MORE POWER TO YOU!!! (Page 5)

smita24 Goldie
smita24
smita24

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by munizaaa

wonder ful topic i think jassi has a right to be beautiful and to be a model if she wants. i dont know y ppl have a problem with itSmile 

Coz she is yet to get a mental makeover. LOL

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 6:54am | IP Logged
All, Thanks for all your contributions.  Honestly I did not thing this was going to be so controversial.  I like the concept of it and enjoy watching it.  Especiall now during the turning point.  I'm waiting for Jessica to kick some butts at GM.  Especially Malika's!!!

Thanks

KhoobsuratKhusi Senior Member
KhoobsuratKhusi
KhoobsuratKhusi

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 7:03am | IP Logged

wohow!!!! very intresting, well wut i think. jassica is beautiful and she really desrve to be look her best.  she as been through so much that if i were her i would defenatily kick RAJ & Malika's @$$.  im not a some kind of game that you can enjoy it then put it away..  so jassi ji is goin' the right thing.    but hv u guess noticed how she walk or sit down sometimes. it like wired, but hey is just me..... (do u get it wut im tying to say?  i think im confuse) 

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
I'm sorry, but I find this very contradictoryConfused

First:
Originally posted by Peaches

I totally agree with you on the fact that by her becoming a model has nothing to do with accomplishing her mission to get to the bottom of things, or even revenge for that matter.

And then:

Jessica becoming a model doesn't really correlate with the revenge aspect, but it's a means for being recognized, for a way of being employed at the firm, and more importantly to start calling the shots.  Just look at Raj, she practically has him wrapped around her finger....." You go girl!!!  Again more power to JESSICA " The more she troubles him the better.  Keep in mind that Raj was the fool that Armaan use to depend on.  If Jessica teaches him a lesson or two he deserves it. Once she's in GM she might turn them all against each other and use them against each other.  In addition, she can also get in there and slowly reveal her true identity as Jassi and ofcourse take back her title and this time she has all the evidence to prove that Malika and Aryan had sabotaged her.  This way she can have their behinds arrested and out of GM.

So, did jassi become Jessica to avenge herself and clear her family's name, or NOT....Question

In that case, may I reiterate my previous post on the subject, and then some...

Jassi becoming a Jessica was necessary. Agreed. I'm referring to Jessica the person, NOT the model. In fact, I was one of the first few here who actually enjoyed her makeover and protested that in no way did it take anything away from her character, rather it added to it. I strongly believe she remains the same wonderful, lovely, caring person inside... no amount of make-up and clothes with cleavage will ever make me think any different.

However, I want to make a distinction between who Jessica IS and the method she is using to achieve her goals. Let not Jassi's persona tower so high that everything she does is justified by saying, "there must be a reason for it - we just don't know it yet." As far as I'm concerned, the day she decided to take up modelling and thereby making a career out of her looks, I put my head and in my hands and thought, "Another brick falls..."Dead. Let's not forget that this is commercial entertainment and a popular TV show whose content is decided not by Jassi but by a channel and second to that, its directors. If they want to reinforce stereotypes by pandering to an audience that reveres modelling as a glamorous profession and feels vindicated when it sees plain jane Jassi living out the universal fantasies of metamorphosizing into an ultra-glam doll, it takes away from the serial. It makes me wonder if we're supposed to think that just because she's a good looker now, she must necessarily use her looks to eke out a living. Whatever happened to her brains!? Is CEO Jessica Bedi less appealing than model Jessica bedi, even if she dresses the same way? If so, why??

And before someone jumps at my throat for implying that modelling does not require brains, I would like to ask them to enlighten me. As far as I know:

Modelling is more an art or a skill that can be learnt by almost anyone. It does NOT hone your intelligence. All it does is require you to worry constantly about your weight, your hair, your nails and your catwalk (if you're a ramp model)... etc etc etc. I am NOT saying that models do not have brains - only that there is lack of opportunity to use it. Would Jassi find this a fulfilling career? An academically proficient girl like her flitting from assignment to assignment with an uncertain future and a limited shelf-life and then - what!? How on earth does modelling fit in with Jassi's life goals and career goals? Do sensible people really make long-term decisions based on religious symbolism alone? This sounds like a desperate decision - by one who is panicky enuff to take on any solution which sounds remotely promising. This whole thing is a bit much. What's stopping her from consulting a lawyer to help her get out of the financial mess?? She did NOT have to become a model. Not to fulfill her ambitions, not to avenge herself. It seems like a clear-cut case of TRP-driven tactics to titillate viewers.

I ask you again - Jassi knows that the police is out there looking for her, and they will stop at nothing to get at her. She knows whoever is controlling the puppet strings is no fool - that they can and will be brutal should the need rise. She has been framed and hounded. Would such a smart girl endanger her own life by wearing make-up and parading in front of her deadly adversaries, hoping she will not be found out!!!!? If she's counting on Babaji to save her skin, someone should tell her that God helps those who help themselves. It's all very well to fret and fulminate about sweet revenge and kick @$$ but the planning element is sorely missing - or it's too poor to merit any appreciationDead
Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 1:22pm | IP Logged

Wow! devil, peaches, QB this was some brain stimulating debate!!

I really loved the entire thread of so many different point of views which were so brilliantly put.

Hats of to all of you!!!

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

Queen Bee...Agreed on you point about the fact that her becoming a model has nothing do with her getting her revenge. 

I think you're reading way too much into it the fact that she choose to do this.  I also don't think that the directors are trying to show the audience how glamorous this profession is.  On the other hand i do believe that this is only part of the story line and they needed  a twist in the story….something for that would allow Jassi to gain instant fame and success overnight, so this way the story can move forward.   If she just changed her physical appearance and go back home, for no reason then we would call her "fake" and "shallow" .  But at least if she took on a new profession then it would make sense.  Like I said before, she did not go after this profession.  It was an opportunity that fell in her lap.  In addition this was the only think she had in front of her.  This is an opportunity from some one she knew she can trust (Purab) and she already has so much encouragement from Neena Gupta.    

Come on ladies...this girl had been called "busted" for how long of her life? and if someone comes along and tells her "I can make you a model", what do you think she should do?  Being down and depressed and thinking the world has come to an end, someone is giving you a chance of a life time, why not? 

I understand that she had the capabilities of being an outstanding professional on the basis of her academic merits, but so what if she chose to become a model.....her decision can be looked at as another one of her accomplishments.  Whether it is a model, teacher, financial advisor, firewoman....Jassi/ Jessica can do it all.

You said....

How on earth does modeling fit in with Jassi's life goals and career goals? Do sensible people really make long-term decisions based on religious symbolism alone? This sounds like a desperate decision - by one who is panicky enuff to take on any solution which sounds remotely promising. This whole thing is a bit much.

The time Jassi decided to sign the contract to become a model she was not in her senses.  She was kicked out of her house after her own family decided not to trust her.  I'm not going to discuss this again because she did come to back to talk to her family and tried, but her father was in such a rage that he would have killed her.  The point is that her world was over.  She has been disowned.  .

This is a woman who has been heart broken, kicked out of her house, with no where to go, and on top of all that has been the attention of a media circus about the her and her ex boss (who she love to death) having an affair only to end up robbing him of his company.  To add to all of that she has no evidence about her being innocent.  Oh and did I forget to mention that the police is looking for her.   Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong but this is an awful lot for someone to bear

So what if she calls her lawyers, it's still her word against the board member of GM.  Might I also add how unreliable the judicial system is, or at least in JJKN?  Did we not notice how Aryan bought out the police....and the media?  Did you realize that Malika and Aryan have fake evidence against her.  She is being FRAMED.  Thank god she didn't go back that was be the stupidest thing on the face of this earth.

Sorry to say this but if Jassi was anywhere else in the world she would have a chance to clear her name but sorry Queen Bee not where she is.  Lawyers will only take on the case if they know they will get some fame out of it, well at least the powerful ones because they live on bribes.

I do not think that calling the lawyers was an option. 

Having said how low she was feeling she had the opportunity to rise from the slumps of her life and give herself a fresh new begining, any one who was going through what she was would have take the same path.    I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but when she lost everything Jassi had no faith in anything, her circumstance were all going against her.  When you're pushed to the limits you take extreme measures.

This wasn't an easy task for her, granted being a model does not allow you to use your intellectual capacity as much, but its hard work and is still an accomplishment.  If becoming a model was that easy then everyone would be getting up and becoming one.    To become a model, you need confidence, attitude, grace, posture, physically fit body and ofcourse looks.  Granted you don't need brains, but getting the rest is not anyone's cup of tea.  

So once again by successfully becoming a model, Jassi once again proves herself to rise on top of everyone else.  If she chose another profession she would have been successful in that as well.  That I think was the point that the directors were trying to make. 

I don't think we should critcise her decision for becoming a model.   

THanks

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

Very well said Devil, I too speak from experience and I have to truly say that I don't think Jassi/ Jessica has done anything so outragious as people have portayed.

It's not about the call to Nandu, it's about the circumstances that surround her.  May be Jassi was under the impression that she is being hunted down by the police, and any contact to her family members will lead them straight to her.

I think may be she is just trying to hide her identiy so she can find out the truth.

About Puru, he never liked her too much to begin with.  Do you actually thing that all the fake evidence that Aryan and Malik have gathered against her would save her in Puru's eyes.  He would have to sided with Malika.

About Armaan......, may be I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that one, but you have to remember that  Jassi did not know the truth about his love.  She was so heartbroken.  Let me tell you. it's so hard to move on in life when your heart is broken, and on top of that all the rest of the things that were going on with her.  I'm not surprised that Jassi didn't kill herself, she was her only support and for her to rise out of all that.  Come on and give her some credit.

She became a model because of her circumstances.

In world where anything that happens is due to influence, bribes, money and power I have to say, Jassi was still a nobody.  Jassi had none of that and truly her family did not nor did Nandu.  Even Arman could not stop the police from turning back at the time when they came to arrest her family, he had to pick up his hand and get arrested.  That's the power of bribe and influence from Aryan. 

In a world where you have to depend on bribes to get anything done what hope is there for the ordinary man.  As a top model Jessica moves for the realm of the ordinary man to the world of influence, stardom, and moeny.  When Jassica talks they will all listen.  Let's face it becomes much easier for her. 

Again the point is that if Jessica had to rely soley on her power to get this done, then she has a method to her madness.

Being an ordinary person, if I was being framed all circumstance being equal where lawyers, cops, and the media were being bought out left and right.....I sure as hell would pray for some influence on my side or some way to gain power for myself, cause there is now way in hell I would get out that mess on my own.

Again thanks for the healty debate.

Much love and peace!

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 04 April 2005 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Hi again PeachesBig smile ... against all principles of good argument I don't think I wanna be posting under this topic again becos it's getting a lil boring arguing the same pointsWinkTongue (specially now I'm just back after watching Jassi swoon on seeing Armaan on TV.. all he blood has drained out from my brainEmbarrassed)... someone else plzz pick up from here...LOL!!

Originally posted by peaches

On the other hand i do believe that this is only part of the story line and they needed  a twist in the story….something for that would allow Jassi to gain instant fame and success overnight, so this way the story can move forward.   If she just changed her physical appearance and go back home, for no reason then we would call her "fake" and "shallow" .  But at least if she took on a new profession then it would make sense. 

Plz correct me if I'm wrong....

Billu threw Jassi out of his house because of her perceived lack of moral and ethical behaviour, not because she was a dud at her chosen profession. She was a roaring success and he knew it. She has already proved she is not just his Queen Victoria but an amalgamation of all Queens Victoria, Elizabeth, and Mary.

She confessed to committing white-collar crimes that people like Billu cannot even dream of dreaming of. She flagrantly violated the code of conduct Billu had set for her, proving to him that for all the years he had spent tutoring her on how to keep your head held high by being above reproach, she had imbibed.. 'most nothingConfused.

How on Earth is her success or lack of it as a model going to vindicate her? How is it supposed to prove that she has turned over a new leaf and is now an honest, decent person who does not lie and cheat be it for her own sake or the sake of a company? How, how, how??

Another contradiction....

You said:

I understand that she had the capabilities of being an outstanding professional on the basis of her academic merits, but so what if she chose to become a model.....her decision can be looked at as another one of her accomplishments.  Whether it is a model, teacher, financial advisor, firewoman....Jassi/ Jessica can do it all.

And then:

The time Jassi decided to sign the contract to become a model she was not in her senses.  She was kicked out of her house after her own family decided not to trust her.  I'm not going to discuss this again because she did come to back to talk to her family and tried, but her father was in such a rage that he would have killed her.  The point is that her world was over.  She has been disowned.

Did Jassi really 'choose' to become a model??

I just looked up www.dictionary.com ... Choose = to select from a number of possible alternatives; decide on and pick out; to prefer above others

If at the time Jassi decided to sign the contract, she was "not in her senses"... was she really 'choosing' or simply submitting herself to the will of fate? (and that would perfectly explain why the issue of reinstating her dignity in Billu's eyes makes so little sense!Tongue .. she wasn't thinking.. but she CAN think now, and so can we!)

If at the time she decided to sign the contract, she was indeed in her senses, why did her senses not give her sense enough to look around for other options? (which again brings us back to the lawyer question...)

So what if she calls her lawyers, it's still her word against the board member of GM.  Might I also add how unreliable the judicial system is, or at least in JJKN?  Did we not notice how Aryan bought out the police....and the media?  Did you realize that Malika and Aryan have fake evidence against her.  She is being FRAMED.  Thank god she didn't go back that was be the stupidest thing on the face of this earth.

Sorry to say this but if Jassi was anywhere else in the world she would have a chance to clear her name but sorry Queen Bee not where she is.  Lawyers will only take on the case if they know they will get some fame out of it, well at least the powerful ones because they live on bribes.

I do not think that calling the lawyers was an option.

Refer to Devil_drivers above, she has given some excellent alternatives as to what Jassi could have done. I'm sure, Jassi being Jassi, could've come up with those options at the very leastConfused!!

If we must bring the Indian Judicial system into this, let me say that arranging for a power-hungry lawyer to clear her name would've been a cakewalk for Purab, if he'd wanted to. She could very well have enlisted his help to fight the sharks, cos he's the biggest of them all. If not, she could equally well have gone it alone (why not?? I thought Jassi was a fighter!) The courts had already ruled in her favor and granted her control of Kohinoor and Gulmohur, that too on legalities alone when she hardly put up a fight. Who's to say that it cudn't happen again? One thing Jassi is not, and that's a LOSER.

This wasn't an easy task for her, granted being a model does not allow you to use your intellectual capacity as much, but its hard work and is still an accomplishment.  If becoming a model was that easy then everyone would be getting up and becoming one.    To become a model, you need confidence, attitude, grace, posture, physically fit body and ofcourse looks.  Granted you don't need brains, but getting the rest is not anyone's cup of tea. 

True! Becoming a successful model needs tons of sweat and guts. But think about WHY Jassi has gotten into it in the first place. Has she suddenly developed an interest in grooming, posture and physically fit body etc etc and made a conscious decision to enter this line because it suits her temperament? Nah. Would she even have given it a thought if Purab and Nandini hadn't prodded her on? Nah. Modelling for her is a tool, not a profession. A weapon, not a desire. Once her flaming fury against Gulmohur's tormentors has cooled off, she won't give it a second thought and will join the list of has-beens in the market. Not a great accomplishment, I would think!

So once again by successfully becoming a model, Jassi once again proves herself to rise on top of everyone else.  If she chose another profession she would have been successful in that as well.  That I think was the point that the directors were trying to make. 

I don't think we should critcise her decision for becoming a model.

We differ again. I think we should not view Jassi in isolation and consider her actions as logical and rational as a real human being's might be. TRP's jaisa kuchh nahin - nothing like TRP's to make a person behave as illogically as the need be. The voice of the Aunty next door is still echoing in my head, "Arre dekho! Jassi kitni gandi hoti thi, ab itni sundar model ban gayi hai!" and her daughter exclaiming, "haan! Meri friend keh rahi thi ki woh model ban sakti hai toh mein bhi ban sakti hoon! Meine kaha, ban ja!!Tongue!" This is what is making viewers tune in to JJKN and Sony damn well knows it. They are in the business of selling dreams. Do you think it would have whipped up the same kind of excitement to see Jassi become a.. say, nanny, real estate agent or a clerk in a government office??????

Go to top