India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

JESSICA...MORE POWER TO YOU!!! (Page 3)

alien_visitor Senior Member
alien_visitor
alien_visitor

Posted: 31 March 2005 at 10:33pm | IP Logged

Jassi with so much brilliance chose to show skin to take revenge. Disgusting...

Armaan will never approve.

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 7:51am | IP Logged

To alien_visito's comment

What age are we living in ?  In response to "Armaan will never approve"....who the hell is Armaan to decide how Jessic or Jessica should look like.  NO MAN HAS A RIGHT TO APPROVE WHAT OR WHAT A WOMAN MUST LOOK LIKE, I don't care even if she loves him.

I guess you are correct in your profile name "alien_visito", you certainly are not from earth!

And JESSICA has not shown any sikn for revenge.  She's not posing for Playboy, she's a fashion model, there is huge difference.  There is nothing wrong with this profession.  I have to say her outfits are very classy and sofistacited, so if they were a little revealing what is the big deal.

This is for vishakha's comment....

The reason why any woman would not be proud of her new attitude is because they have this conservative attitude that a woman must always be shy. submissive, and lack self confidence.  I guess they want Jessi to be a reflection of themself.

Why are we restricting her so much.  All she is doing is proving herself to that she is confident and respondin to those people who told her that she was ugly.  Jessi turning into Jessica is such a slap in the face to Raj, Aaryan, and Malika.  I can't want to see the expressions on there faces when they see Jessica.....not that's entertainment.

To jprasad's comment...

If you haven't realized that the show is a remake of another soap...maybe not exactly. The majority of the people watched the show for it's turning point, which was Jassi changing her looks.  Part of the change was a new out look on life, with self confidance.  Sorry if you thought that the show was not going to move on.  Everyone's life changed and so does Jassi's life in the soap. 

May be can get the old episodes and keep watching them over and over and not miss the old Jassi.

I do believe that directors of this show have done an great job.  I wouldn't change it because it has created so much excitment and entertainment for the audiance.  Thoes of you who sill hate the character Jessica, are still drawn to it, so the director's mission was accomplished.

NO woman can continue to tolerate the shit that she went through being Jassi, she now has the world revolving around her.  Why shouldn't she have this new attitude, I don't blame her. I do believe deep down she is the same preson, her exerior might have changed but her inner beauty and innocence still remains the same.

Regards,

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Peaches wrote, "... I wouldn't change it because it has created so much excitment and entertainment for the audiance.  Thoes of you who sill hate the character Jessica, are still drawn to it, so the director's mission was accomplished.

NO woman can continue to tolerate the shit that she went through being Jassi, she now has the world revolving around her.  Why shouldn't she have this new attitude, I don't blame her. I do believe deep down she is the same preson, her exerior might have changed but her inner beauty and innocence still remains the same..."

I actually have found that the deviation has created more questions and confusion than anything else.

I am not drawn to Jessica's character, I think T&D are stupid for following in Kekta's retarded footsteps.

Jassi stuck herself in that shit and she can dig herself out of it.  Inner beauty and innocence and Jessica equal oxymoron.

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devil_drivers

Peaches, JP and pj..Excellent analysis!

May I now be permitted to present my humble point of view?

OK!

This is just a show and we are supposed to just sit back and enjoy and not work our Grey cells. Indeed?

I'll be lying through my teeth if I say this show hasn't affected me! It has..more than I would choose to! And so have been other people and that's the reason the show got so popular in the first place.

People actually had started identifying themselves with the protagonist; esp dowdy, hard-working, intelligent young girls from the lower strat who had assumed that it was their lot to suffer misery and rejection..they now found their hopes and aspirations re-kindled through the protagonist of the show! We cannot deny this, can we?

I absolutely identify with Jassi..I have learnt a lot from her..honesty, goodwill, perserverence, good humour, self-will…have lived with her…her pain, her happiness..her wrath..her hurt..Yes SIR! I CARE WHERE THIS SHOW'S GOING!

I want it to send the right message like before! We should not forget that Jassi is beautiful who was made to look ugly.

One moment and Voila..she was beautiful! What about those who are born ugly?No make-up..no make-over can make them even tolerable???

The unfortunate message it's now sending by transforming Jassi into Jessica is that ugly people are born to suffer!

And Peaches, DON'T DARE ME! I USUALLY WIN!(Wink!)

I don't discourage or disapprove a woman who wants to look good. Like pj says it's her birth-right! But, if you say it's the looks that instill confidence in her and are the pre-requisite to gain this world's respect and acceptance, I HUGELY DISAGREE!

I have always tried to stand up to the standards and subscribe to the unwritten rules set by our society and this world. I felt miserable! I could neither be true to my new self nor could I completely kill the natural instincts of my old self!

The lesson I have learnt is that THE WORLD SEES YOU AS THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE….THE PERSON YOU PORTRAY YOURSELF TO BE..THE PERSON YOU PUT ACROSS TO THEM….!

I don't believe in flaunting even an inch of sinful flesh nor in embellishments yet I get more respect, love and lift than the so called daring beautiful women!

Because I believe in myself..I have faith in my abilities,..I give and take respect..I stick to my principles and goals as far as I can! You get what you give!

IF YOU THINK YOU ARE DEFICIENT, HELPLESS AND DOOMED TO SUFFER THEN LOOKER OR NOT, YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE SHIT BY THIS WORLD!!

This is unfortunately the way of this world where Dog eat Dog!

Jassi needed a mental and physical make-over. Yup! But, no justification for the conversion of Jassi into Jessica!

Not because modeling is wrong or inferior though, personally I don't much approve of modeling but because I believe in the container theory of mine that every individual is like water in a container. You may change the container but the water will remain the same! Yes..the temperature of the water may be changed..it may boil..it may freeze..it may become gas..but..the attributes of the water will remain the same!

Here, the change from Jassi to Jessica is dramatic, unconvincing and unrealistic!

('m sorry I'll have to get personal again but my thoughts and impressions are formed from my experiences) If I have to as much as switch over from full arm to half-sleeves, I'll feel like I am being paraded naked (Sleeveless..?Horror!)

But Jessica carried it off like she's being doing it all her life, as if Mona Singh suddenly took over Jassi…!

Jassi as Jessica should have felt and looked uncomfy..must have bumbled and stumbled. Clumsiness is not a habit that can be weaned off overnight!(Again from personal experience!)

She's doing all this for revenge, right? Where's that cold-blooded resoluteness that accompanies a severly wronged woman, whose living in hell..for whom every second of this switch-over is a torture? I agree the coldness does seep in sometimes like when she reacted to the model who was fired by Purab but that looked to me more like arrogance!

And I'm afraid I don't subscribe to her idea of revenge! I would definitely not hide my true identity to take revenge, now that I have the trump card; Kohinoor with me!

I would rather confide in my best friend than in the reticent Buddha who due to his weird sense of sacrifice, slinked away two days before the engagement and me and my family a laughing stock!

And I would definitely make some financial arrangements for my family even though they are angry with me because I know that they love me too much and I believe that hurt and anger is directly proportional to the love you share!

I will try at least once to convince my father that I have not betrayed his faith that I need him..somehow will make him come around! At least will try!

Jassi's abandoning her family, without even trying is not acceptable. She should at least collaborate with Nandu to protect her family from the Police and law and try to track down the wrong-doers while she pursues with her revenge plan.

I don't believe Jessica is using Purab!

He offered her the contract for whatever reasons and showed her a new path which she grabbed. She had always made it clear to him that he was nothing more than a friend. The pity with people is that they believe things will change.

Neither do I believe in the hypocritical sanskaars laid down by the society but then you have to live in this society..you just cannot shun them unless you are willing to be termed eccentric or be condemned as an iconoclast! Esp when your family does care about what society thinks about you.

Jessica's doing all this to get back  to her family. Right?

How then is living with Purab going to help? People will talk, esp when she's going to become a super model.

Will her Papaji understand and accept this situation when he comes to know the truth? Will he not disown Jesssica as well? And will this not breach his trust further and create more complications?

That is why I believe in direct and plain speaking. She should have barged into the Walia household and made Billu listen to her….give her a chance! One can exercise so much right on one's father who considers you as the apple of his eye!

Purab has not yet learnt his lessons!

In spite of Jassi telling him plainly that she is doing this with a purpose

and there can be nothing between them, he is still heading speedily heading towards another heart-break!

Now that she hopes to avenge whoever they are, I think she needs to specify clearly to Purab where they stand. I mean if I was her, I'd confide entirely to him about my design or I'd tell him clearly to just keep off from my private life! Pure Business!

And I honestly believe that no one can use you unless you choose to!

You may allow yourself to be used maybe due to excessive and self-less love or any other reason, but then you will be responsible for the consequences too! Laying the blame at another's door is absurd!

I'd like to wind up by saying that I am not against the Jessicas of this world but I am against the illogical reasoning and the unconvincing portrayal of the journey from Jassi to Jessica!

The angelic innocence… the .. charm…the gullibility combined with the 'never die' attitude f Jassi…the Jassi who was comfy with her self..inspite of rejection and cruelty still hoped to make her way in the world..had implicit faith in herself..didn't need to take the cover of Jessica...that endeared me to Jassi….that made me yearn to be her..is lost!

I cannot nor do I want to identify myself with Jessica!

Jessica certainly doesn't make me proud!

ARMAAN JASSI FOREVER!

Devil Drivers, I am going to request the moderators to have a new section only for your most thoughtful, sensible, articulate, discriminating, say-it-like-it-is posts!!

I'm speechless!!!!!!!!!!! Clap

You have hit the nail BANG on the head .. every word is true as far as I'm concerned.

I wish this post would garner more eyeballs... why don't you make it a new thread??????? Or maybe I'll just keep posting into this thread until people get sick of it popping up as the #1 thread and are forced to read it and respond!WinkWink

Hats off honey!!!Embarrassed
shiverz Goldie
shiverz
shiverz

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devil_drivers

Peaches, JP and pj..Excellent analysis!

May I now be permitted to present my humble point of view?

OK!

This is just a show and we are supposed to just sit back and enjoy and not work our Grey cells. Indeed?

I'll be lying through my teeth if I say this show hasn't affected me! It has..more than I would choose to! And so have been other people and that's the reason the show got so popular in the first place.

People actually had started identifying themselves with the protagonist; esp dowdy, hard-working, intelligent young girls from the lower strat who had assumed that it was their lot to suffer misery and rejection..they now found their hopes and aspirations re-kindled through the protagonist of the show! We cannot deny this, can we?

I absolutely identify with Jassi..I have learnt a lot from her..honesty, goodwill, perserverence, good humour, self-will…have lived with her…her pain, her happiness..her wrath..her hurt..Yes SIR! I CARE WHERE THIS SHOW'S GOING!

I want it to send the right message like before! We should not forget that Jassi is beautiful who was made to look ugly.

One moment and Voila..she was beautiful! What about those who are born ugly?No make-up..no make-over can make them even tolerable???

The unfortunate message it's now sending by transforming Jassi into Jessica is that ugly people are born to suffer!

And Peaches, DON'T DARE ME! I USUALLY WIN!(Wink!)

I don't discourage or disapprove a woman who wants to look good. Like pj says it's her birth-right! But, if you say it's the looks that instill confidence in her and are the pre-requisite to gain this world's respect and acceptance, I HUGELY DISAGREE!

I have always tried to stand up to the standards and subscribe to the unwritten rules set by our society and this world. I felt miserable! I could neither be true to my new self nor could I completely kill the natural instincts of my old self!

The lesson I have learnt is that THE WORLD SEES YOU AS THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE….THE PERSON YOU PORTRAY YOURSELF TO BE..THE PERSON YOU PUT ACROSS TO THEM….!

I don't believe in flaunting even an inch of sinful flesh nor in embellishments yet I get more respect, love and lift than the so called daring beautiful women!

Because I believe in myself..I have faith in my abilities,..I give and take respect..I stick to my principles and goals as far as I can! You get what you give!

IF YOU THINK YOU ARE DEFICIENT, HELPLESS AND DOOMED TO SUFFER THEN LOOKER OR NOT, YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE SHIT BY THIS WORLD!!

This is unfortunately the way of this world where Dog eat Dog!

Jassi needed a mental and physical make-over. Yup! But, no justification for the conversion of Jassi into Jessica!

Not because modeling is wrong or inferior though, personally I don't much approve of modeling but because I believe in the container theory of mine that every individual is like water in a container. You may change the container but the water will remain the same! Yes..the temperature of the water may be changed..it may boil..it may freeze..it may become gas..but..the attributes of the water will remain the same!

Here, the change from Jassi to Jessica is dramatic, unconvincing and unrealistic!

('m sorry I'll have to get personal again but my thoughts and impressions are formed from my experiences) If I have to as much as switch over from full arm to half-sleeves, I'll feel like I am being paraded naked (Sleeveless..?Horror!)

But Jessica carried it off like she's being doing it all her life, as if Mona Singh suddenly took over Jassi…!

Jassi as Jessica should have felt and looked uncomfy..must have bumbled and stumbled. Clumsiness is not a habit that can be weaned off overnight!(Again from personal experience!)

She's doing all this for revenge, right? Where's that cold-blooded resoluteness that accompanies a severly wronged woman, whose living in hell..for whom every second of this switch-over is a torture? I agree the coldness does seep in sometimes like when she reacted to the model who was fired by Purab but that looked to me more like arrogance!

And I'm afraid I don't subscribe to her idea of revenge! I would definitely not hide my true identity to take revenge, now that I have the trump card; Kohinoor with me!

I would rather confide in my best friend than in the reticent Buddha who due to his weird sense of sacrifice, slinked away two days before the engagement and me and my family a laughing stock!

And I would definitely make some financial arrangements for my family even though they are angry with me because I know that they love me too much and I believe that hurt and anger is directly proportional to the love you share!

I will try at least once to convince my father that I have not betrayed his faith that I need him..somehow will make him come around! At least will try!

Jassi's abandoning her family, without even trying is not acceptable. She should at least collaborate with Nandu to protect her family from the Police and law and try to track down the wrong-doers while she pursues with her revenge plan.

I don't believe Jessica is using Purab!

He offered her the contract for whatever reasons and showed her a new path which she grabbed. She had always made it clear to him that he was nothing more than a friend. The pity with people is that they believe things will change.

Neither do I believe in the hypocritical sanskaars laid down by the society but then you have to live in this society..you just cannot shun them unless you are willing to be termed eccentric or be condemned as an iconoclast! Esp when your family does care about what society thinks about you.

Jessica's doing all this to get back  to her family. Right?

How then is living with Purab going to help? People will talk, esp when she's going to become a super model.

Will her Papaji understand and accept this situation when he comes to know the truth? Will he not disown Jesssica as well? And will this not breach his trust further and create more complications?

That is why I believe in direct and plain speaking. She should have barged into the Walia household and made Billu listen to her….give her a chance! One can exercise so much right on one's father who considers you as the apple of his eye!

Purab has not yet learnt his lessons!

In spite of Jassi telling him plainly that she is doing this with a purpose

and there can be nothing between them, he is still heading speedily heading towards another heart-break!

Now that she hopes to avenge whoever they are, I think she needs to specify clearly to Purab where they stand. I mean if I was her, I'd confide entirely to him about my design or I'd tell him clearly to just keep off from my private life! Pure Business!

And I honestly believe that no one can use you unless you choose to!

You may allow yourself to be used maybe due to excessive and self-less love or any other reason, but then you will be responsible for the consequences too! Laying the blame at another's door is absurd!

I'd like to wind up by saying that I am not against the Jessicas of this world but I am against the illogical reasoning and the unconvincing portrayal of the journey from Jassi to Jessica!

The angelic innocence… the .. charm…the gullibility combined with the 'never die' attitude f Jassi…the Jassi who was comfy with her self..inspite of rejection and cruelty still hoped to make her way in the world..had implicit faith in herself..didn't need to take the cover of Jessica...that endeared me to Jassi….that made me yearn to be her..is lost!

I cannot nor do I want to identify myself with Jessica!

Jessica certainly doesn't make me proud!

ARMAAN JASSI FOREVER!

WOW!!!!!!! I'm speechless.. that was awesome devil_drivers!!Clap

Edited by shiverz - 03 April 2005 at 3:25am
spike Senior Member
spike
spike

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 6:44am | IP Logged

I am definitely not proud of jessica or jojo. both these alter egos have serious defects. They shud get proper product re-engineering.

Jojo was ugly, but that fine. I's okay if a woman wants to look good and feel pretty. No probs with that. But in jojo's case, it gives the message that people who aren't pretty don't get any happiness or success in life. Now that's unacceptable. It also contradicts what the show has tried to convey to the general mass.

Jessica is so-called-pretty (the so-called cuz i think she still sucks Dead), and vengeful. Justified with the wrong done to jojo. And what is her way to get back to armaan and GM? Become a model and get into GM to find the truth. And where do her values and virtues lie now that she's living with purab and using him as the pavement to her goal? Ofcourse, deep down the lake bed, where she discarded all her previous belongings like her famous braces, and her clothes and all other stuff!

Wow! she really makes her babaji proud, doesn't she? Dead

If she had the guts, no matter how badly she was hurt by armaan or anyone at GM, she wud have gone straight to GM, called in her lawyers, and got the thing sorted out. (she had played scooby doo mysteries in GM before, hadn't she?) That way at least her family wud be spared the embarrasment and hassle mallika and aryan have been showering on them.
bhangra rulez Goldie
bhangra rulez
bhangra rulez

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spike

I am definitely not proud of jessica or jojo. both these alter egos have serious defects. They shud get proper product re-engineering.

Jojo was ugly, but that fine. I's okay if a woman wants to look good and feel pretty. No probs with that. But in jojo's case, it gives the message that people who aren't pretty don't get any happiness or success in life. Now that's unacceptable. It also contradicts what the show has tried to convey to the general mass.

Jessica is so-called-pretty (the so-called cuz i think she still sucks Dead), and vengeful. Justified with the wrong done to jojo. And what is her way to get back to armaan and GM? Become a model and get into GM to find the truth. And where do her values and virtues lie now that she's living with purab and using him as the pavement to her goal? Ofcourse, deep down the lake bed, where she discarded all her previous belongings like her famous braces, and her clothes and all other stuff!

Wow! she really makes her babaji proud, doesn't she? Dead

If she had the guts, no matter how badly she was hurt by armaan or anyone at GM, she wud have gone straight to GM, called in her lawyers, and got the thing sorted out. (she had played scooby doo mysteries in GM before, hadn't she?) That way at least her family wud be spared the embarrasment and hassle mallika and aryan have been showering on them.

I totally agree with you!Clap

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:04pm | IP Logged

For all you know Jassi is still buried inside of Jessica and once she has proved her point and accomplished her mission she will change again.  Who knows?  I can see her clearly struggling with herself, if she was a changed person she wouldn't be haunted by the thoughts of her Bebe. 

All of this was driven for her family.  Her motivation to become Jessica wasn't because she wanted the fame and the glory.  She has a mission and she will fulfill that mission.  As much as anyone things she should have gone back and faced her father and the board members of GM, that's all crap.  Who would believe her?  Who would have supported her Armaan? Nandu? Billu?  Come on now??  Yes I agree she could have proved to Nandu and Billu about her innocence, but then what?  Malika and Aryan are her biggest enemies.  Jassi would not have been able to tackle them.

First of all the board members of GM are clearly the ones that are responsible for bringing her down through false accusations.  They have all the power to bring her down, if she would have come back they would have had her arrested on false proof.  Secondly, Armaan could have saved her yes I admit, but Jassi does not know that he truly loves her.  She still thinks that Armaan played her.

Armaan isn't exactly too smart, what has he done to save Jassi so far?  All he does is screams at Malika, but where is that going?  Yeah, he tries to save her family, but I'm not sure how that's going to help the situation.  The point is that Malika and Aryan have proof that Jassi has this money, which she doesn't but all the proof is against her  What would you do in that situation?  Obviously she has to think of something.  I think she would be stupid to even think that she would be able to prove her innocence after Malika and Aryan have planted so much against her. As far as Nandu and Billu go, they would have been able to do nothing to protect her since they have no influence compared to the board of GM.

Malika and Aryan would do everything in their power to have her arrested for fraud.  It's personal for Malika to bring down Jassi because she holds her responsible for taking Arman away from her, but impossible for her to touch JESSICA.  As JESSICA she has all the influence because she is a new model, and by her not revealing her true identity the ground for the battle field is now level.  Like I said before she is going to fight fire with fire.

Sorry folks I don't make the rules of the game.  Jassi equals "I am weak and I can be run over by anyone and anything"….JESSICA equals "no one can touch me".  This is the world we live in.  How many people do you know that are successful and that look like Jassi?

It's very easy to preach and put down words on a paper, it looks good.  It's so easy to criticize someone, but know one really knows what it's like to be in someone else's shoes. 

The most exciting moment of this show will be when Jessica reveals her true identity to Malika, Aryan and Raj.  I am waiting for that moment when JESSICA proves Jassi's innocence.

Go to top