Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Piscean thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

This has definitely got to be the most interesting topic put up by far (upto my knowledge) and the healthiest debate as well! Kudos to peaches, QB and devil_drivers.

I just wanted to add to peaches point of view. I agree that Jassi's decision to become a model was based on religious symbolism but there are millions of people out there who make life-altering decisions based on this sort of symbolism. Trust me I speak from experience as well. Not everyone has to agree that that's the right way to do it but to people who believe in it, it might be their way of getting through the cross-roads of their life. I know many people who make decisions regarding marriages, choice of field at universities and job opportunities based on religious and astrological symbols. This does not make their decisions any less important....to them it's their way of dealing with the deicision. Jassi has always been portrayed as religious and orthodox and hence at a cross-road of her life she turned to Babaji for help and the path that he showed her was the modelling contract. At a point when she was unable to be decisive she took that as a sign and decided to alter her life by choosing modelling as an alternative career. If I remember correctly she uses religious symbolism a lot as her pivot to make decisions. Her decision to return to GM after becoming Jessica was made on the belief that Babaji sent Raj as a sign for her to return to find the root of all her worries. Again, it might not be the path that others choose but being religious that's the way she makes some of her decisions. Her decision to become a model might have been based on rational thinking but her determination to become rich and famous and to use her fame to get to the root of her problems definitely is not atypical of Jassi who has always strived to excel in anything that she's done!

As far as using brains in modelling is concerned, I agree that you don't have the optimal opportunity to make use of your financial gray cells in the profession but being street smart definitely will help you excel in the field. And who dares say that you don't need brains to be street smart. In fact the most intellectual people could be let down in today's world if they aren't street smart and are not capable of marketing themselves well. Like it or not it's all about marketing yourself and your brains.....which was what Jassi developed on the job and definitely will have to put that to use in her new profession as well. Coz she could be beautiful but if she doesn't know how to use that to her advantage then she's not going to get to the heights that she strives for and hence, her brains will come in handy!

However, after reading today's update I am sad to see that her heart won over her head so she's never going to get that opportunity. It was good while it lasted I guess.πŸ˜•

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hi all...this is it for me.

After watching tonight's show I am basically πŸ˜•.  Dam Dam Dam.....I wanted Jassica to kick some GM a#$ but that's not going to happen.   The show is not going the way I assumed it would....that's sucks.  Well now I realize that there is not point in us breaking our heads and going back and froth on this topic.  I don't know what's wrong with these directors..... . 

How will Jessica go back to GM now that the whole issue is going to be cleared up?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  May be Purab is going to develop a negative streak and create a misunderstanding....oh man that's going to be so stupid.

Armaan came to the rescue and saved her.  Queen Bee and Devil I stand corrected. She could have avoided this whole "Model" thing by just calling Armaan.  But I have to say that I wish Jessica all the luck to teach Raj and the rest of the GM directors a good lesson.  Did you guys see the scene at the restaurant?  All I can say is Raj watch out cause "pay back is a bi#$^"😑

My whole point of this topic was to express my support for this woman's decision considering everything.  If she or anyone for that matter chose to be, and do whatever they wanted to do in life just as long as it's not a crime then more power to them.  I hate to see anyone critique or judge anyone.  We don't know what's like to be in their shoes and we should not preach or judge their decisions. So thus the subject of this thread....Jessica more power to you.

After tonight's show I have to say that Jassi is trapped in Jessica's body and is screaming to get out.  Technically, she never really change who she truly was, her exterior was the only thing that changed.

In conclusion, I learned a lot from everyone's opinions and feedback. I think the people on this forum are really brilliant.  I enjoy reading everyone's view points and respect everyone's opinions. I look forward to other heated debates.πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks again and have a good night.

OM

queenbee thumbnail
Originally posted by: peaches

In conclusion, I learned a lot from everyone's opinions and feedback. I think the people on this forum are really brilliant.  I enjoy reading everyone's view points and respect everyone's opinions. I look forward to other heated debates.πŸ˜ƒ

The feeling is entirely mutual!!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Peaches, devil, Piscean... excellent stuff!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

PHEW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the world did I miss this one ?????

It took me a well over 40 minutes to complete and comprhend what each of you said and as of now,I can't think of a single thing which will contribute more to this topic.

But if you want me to take sides and say who do I want to go with in the argument,it is peaches and sadhana. I could not have said it better.

devil_drivers,hats off to you.What an argument.r U by any chance,a lawyer?? As for QB,I know she is Shakespeare,Madam Curie,Johny Lever,Ekta Kapoor,doctor,engineer,author and everything U can think of all rolled into one.Maybe she even has two heads like her sunsign πŸ˜‰. 

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail

Oh God!!

how can u write so much!!!, all in proper English!, no msn slang!! I am impressed, depressed and compressed!!

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I know Ms Bholi bhali.Sigh !

I'm seriously thinking of joining English classes.

shiverz thumbnail

applause to all of you skilled debaters!!!πŸ‘

honestly, you guys are TOO good!! as for me, i don't know if i'm even capable of writing that muchπŸ˜†

shiverz thumbnail
Originally posted by: Minnie

I know Ms Bholi bhali.Sigh !

I already have english classes-- problem is, we don't really learn anything, especially not to write like this!! *sigh!*

smita24 thumbnail
No need to take eng classes. these debates will sharpen our english. Sorry meri english thori weak hai. 😭
queenbee thumbnail
Originally posted by: Minnie

Minnie joining English classes??πŸ˜†

Seriously now😳

I worship your vocab and your writing style. And MENSA was invented for people like you.

So don't say stuff like that again... even as a joke πŸ˜‘πŸ˜›